Community Discussions and Support
Message: Loading images has been cancelled ... (American spelling ignored)

[quote user="kaspencer"]I find that after getting an error reporting that images in an email message could not be downloaded, the message "Loading of images has been cancelled"  (although actually the American spelling in used, for some reason, even though my localisation is UK).[/quote]

Interface languages are not user customizable in general, but if you would like to adjust the IERenderer UI, it's a simple plain text file with side effects. And you'll certainly find further inconsistencies because I'm not a native speaker of neither variant.

[quote user="kaspencer"]Can you please tell me how I can get rid of the message about cancelling images and have them downloaded ?[/quote]

You can't, you either wait until timeout or cancel. It's for convenience if you get several timeouts in a row. You can only get a "replay" after restarting Pegasus Mail, but if encountering errors I would recommend to open such a message in your browser via right click menu, if images are crucial for reading your messages.
<p>[quote user="kaspencer"]I find that after getting an error reporting that images in an email message could not be downloaded, the message "<i>Loading of images has been cancelled</i>"  (although actually the American spelling in used, for some reason, even though my localisation is UK).[/quote]</p><p>Interface languages are not user customizable in general, but if you would like to adjust the IERenderer UI, it's a simple plain text file with side effects. And you'll certainly find further inconsistencies because I'm not a native speaker of neither variant.</p><p>[quote user="kaspencer"]Can you please tell me how I can get rid of the message about cancelling images and have them downloaded ?[/quote]</p>You can't, you either wait until timeout or cancel. It's for convenience if you get several timeouts in a row. You can only get a "replay" after restarting Pegasus Mail, but if encountering errors I would recommend to open such a message in your browser via right click menu, if images are crucial for reading your messages.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

I find that after getting an error reporting that images in an email message could not be downloaded, the message "Loading of images has been cancelled"  (although actually the American spelling in used, for some reason, even though my localisation is UK).

If I then use the right-click popup menu item "Show Pictures (HTML only)" the same message appears again, and it seems impossible to attempt to get the images - i.e. no change of mind is tolerated. Furthermore, adding the sender to the "Remote Graphics List" has no effect either.

Can you please tell me how I can get rid of the message about cancelling images and have them downloaded ?

(As an aside - I disapprove of your decision to "Americanise" Pegasus Mail. Perhaps you don't realise that using the spellings "canceled, canceling, labeled, labeling" and the rest, break an important grammatical rule for the creation of participles of most verbs whose infinitives end in a short vowel and a single consonant. I wish someone had taught Noah Webster English!).

Kenneth Spencer

<p>I find that after getting an error reporting that images in an email message could not be downloaded, the message "<i>Loading of images has been cancelled</i>"  (although actually the American spelling in used, for some reason, even though my localisation is UK).</p><p>If I then use the right-click popup menu item "<i>Show Pictures (HTML only)</i>" the same message appears again, and it seems impossible to attempt to get the images - i.e. no change of mind is tolerated. Furthermore, adding the sender to the "<i>Remote Graphics List</i>" has no effect either. </p><p>Can you please tell me how I can get rid of the message about cancelling images and have them downloaded ?</p><p>(As an aside - I disapprove of your decision to "Americanise" Pegasus Mail. Perhaps you don't realise that using the spellings "canceled, canceling, labeled, labeling" and the rest, break an important grammatical rule for the creation of participles of most verbs whose infinitives end in a short vowel and a single consonant. I wish someone had taught Noah Webster English!).</p><p> Kenneth Spencer </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft