Community Discussions and Support
Connectivity

Brian

Norton automatically configures your email program for protection against viruses and other security threats. You can configure Email Antivirus Scan to scan all incoming email messages and outgoing email messages. ... This feature does not work if your SMTP or POP3 email port is an SSL-encrypted email port.

From the Norton help file  "...

Martin

<p>Brian</p><p><b style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Norton</b><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"> automatically configures your </span><b style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">email</b><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"> program for </span><b style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">protection</b><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"> against viruses and other </span><b style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">security</b><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"> threats. You can configure </span><b style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Email Antivirus</b><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"> Scan to scan all incoming </span><b style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">email</b><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"> messages and outgoing </span><b style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">email</b><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"> messages. ... This feature </span><b style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">does</b><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"> not work if your SMTP or POP3 </span><b style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">email</b><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"> port is an SSL-encrypted </span><b style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">email</b><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"> port.</span></p><p><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"></span>   From the Norton help file  "...</p><p>Martin</p>

I'm setting up a new laptop.  I run Pegasus 4.73 in Windows 10.  I've installed it on the new laptop.  When i run it I get an error message saying that Windows cannot find something called "minidump."   The program loads anyway, but I'm having trouble downloading my messages from gmail.com.  An error message says,"Bad address."  I have configured the POP and SMTP settings the sane as on the older laptop, where Pegasus works fine.  I don't know how to solve this problem.

Tom

<p>I'm setting up a new laptop.  I run Pegasus 4.73 in Windows 10.  I've installed it on the new laptop.  When i run it I get an error message saying that Windows cannot find something called "minidump."   The program loads anyway, but I'm having trouble downloading my messages from gmail.com.  An error message says,"Bad address."  I have configured the POP and SMTP settings the sane as on the older laptop, where Pegasus works fine.  I don't know how to solve this problem.</p><p>Tom</p><p> </p>

MiniDump is Michael's tool to spot Pegasus Mail crashes. You probably had that installed in the other computer from which you copied your Pmail stuff. You can either download MiniDump installer from the Community, install it, and leave it running or uninstalling it properly and get rid of the error message. This is the easy way. The other way is look for a .FFF file (e.g. minidump.fff), delete or rename it to minidump.off or so. This shall do as well.

MiniDump is <a mce_href="/user/Profile.aspx?UserID=2133" target="_blank" href="/user/Profile.aspx?UserID=2133">Michael's</a> tool to spot Pegasus Mail crashes. You probably had that installed in the other computer from which you copied your Pmail stuff. You can either download MiniDump installer from the Community, install it, and leave it running or uninstalling it properly and get rid of the error message. This is the easy way. The other way is look for a .FFF file (e.g. minidump.fff), delete or rename it to minidump.off or so. This shall do as well.

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

A "bad address" result can be caused by no internet connection.  Did the new laptop come with an AV and/or firewall product pre-installed?  If so, it could be blocking programs or ports.  I ran into this a couple of weeks ago while trying to help a co-worker get Pegasus Mail working on a new laptop.  Hers came with Norton installed and it wasn't until I had her disable it that Pegasus Mail was able to connect. 

<p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">A "bad address" result can be caused by no internet connection.  Did the new laptop come with an AV and/or firewall product pre-installed?  If so, it could be blocking programs or ports.  I ran into this a couple of weeks ago while trying to help a co-worker get Pegasus Mail working on a new laptop.  Hers came with Norton installed and it wasn't until I had her disable it that Pegasus Mail was able to connect. </span></p>

In this case, a session log would help immensely.

In this case, a session log would help immensely.

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

An internet session log won't help if the problem is with blocked or no internet access.  All that gets logged is three lines:

19:02:28.037: --- 25 May 2020, 19:02:28.037 ---

19:02:28.053: Connect to 'pop.gmx.com', timeout 30 seconds.

19:02:28.053: 2: Bad address "pop.gmx.com"

Hmmm... Where the heck did a timeout of 30 seconds come from.  My configuration is 120.  Don't hijack this thread responding to me; I'm just thinking out loud.  I'll dig into it. 

<p>An internet session log won't help if the problem is with blocked or no internet access.  All that gets logged is three lines:</p><p>19:02:28.037: --- 25 May 2020, 19:02:28.037 ---</p><p>19:02:28.053: Connect to 'pop.gmx.com', timeout 30 seconds.</p><p>19:02:28.053: 2: Bad address "<span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">pop.gmx.com</span>"</p><p>Hmmm... Where the heck did a timeout of 30 seconds come from.  My configuration is 120.  Don't hijack this thread responding to me; <span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">I'm just thinking out loud. </span><span style="font-size: 13.3333px;"> </span><span style="font-size: 10pt;">I'll dig into it. </span></p>

Brian,

I believe Norton AV is acting as aa intermediate between the client and the server.  Mcafee did the same for many years and lost lots of business. Look for LocalHost definitions in the SMTP and POP server definitions

Martin 

<p>Brian,</p><p> </p><p>I believe Norton AV is acting as aa intermediate between the client and the server.  Mcafee did the same for many years and lost lots of business. Look for LocalHost definitions in the SMTP and POP server definitions</p><p>Martin </p><p>  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft