Community Discussions and Support
Unsent mail stuck in Mail-To Queue

[quote user="Euler GERMAN"]

Queued messages are represented as a pair of files while they still editable. The content (body) part is a PNX file and it MUST have a counter part, either a PMX (headers, etc) or a PMO (ditto, but for saved, auto-saved or stationary). A queued message should appear like 12345678.PNX and 12345678.PMX (or PMO). After processing to its final form it will appear as 12345678.PMW only.

If you have broken file pairs you most likely will have a ghost queued message. Corrupted files also may be a cause, but I'd look after PNXs without PMXs (or PMOs), or vice-versa. Delete them if found.

[/quote]

Deleted 2 related PMX & PMW files in Mail directory, FIXED THE PROBLEM.

[quote user="Euler GERMAN"]<p>Queued messages are represented as a pair of files while they still editable. The content (body) part is a PNX file and it MUST have a counter part, either a PMX (headers, etc) or a PMO (ditto, but for saved, auto-saved or stationary). A queued message should appear like 12345678.PNX and 12345678.PMX (or PMO). After processing to its final form it will appear as 12345678.PMW only.</p><p>If you have broken file pairs you most likely will have a ghost queued message. Corrupted files also may be a cause, but I'd look after PNXs without PMXs (or PMOs), or vice-versa. Delete them if found. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Deleted 2 related PMX & PMW files in Mail directory, FIXED THE PROBLEM.</p><p> </p>

=== MageMaster === USN (22yrs) Vietnam Vet IT Technician (fully retired)

I have an unsent email stuck in the Mail-To Queue and cannot get rid of it.

I've tried most of the fixes posted online. None worked and one was bad (clearing mail boxes with size 0, this deleted some of my folder listings).

I've already sent a request for an update to the "There is outbound mail in your queue" dialog, to ADD " [ ] Clear Queue" option.

The big problem is that there is no "MailTo" entry in the ...\PMAIL\MAIL\name file list. If there was fixing should be simple, just manually clear the contents.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem.

REF: Pegasus Mail v4.73.639 Mar 30 2018 build 639, on Win7 Pro 64bit desktop rig
<div>I have an unsent email stuck in the Mail-To Queue and cannot get rid of it.</div><div> </div><div>I've tried most of the fixes posted online. None worked and one was bad (clearing mail boxes with size 0, this deleted some of my folder listings).</div><div> </div><div>I've already sent a request for an update to the "There is outbound mail in your queue" dialog, to ADD " [ ] Clear Queue" option.</div><div> </div><div>The big problem is that there is no "MailTo" entry in the ...\PMAIL\MAIL\name file list. If there was fixing should be simple, just manually clear the contents.</div><div> </div><div>Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem.</div><div> </div><div> </div><div>REF: Pegasus Mail v4.73.639 Mar 30 2018 build 639, on Win7 Pro 64bit desktop rig</div>

With Pegasus Mail closed, look for any .PMO, .PMX and .PMW files in your mailbox directory and move any that you find out of the mailbox directory.  These are queued message files in some form.  Normally a stuck one is zero bytes in size but it sounds like you have already looked for those.

You can view the content of any found with a text editor if desired.

<p>With Pegasus Mail closed, look for any .PMO, .PMX and .PMW files in your mailbox directory and move any that you find out of the mailbox directory.  These are queued message files in some form.  Normally a stuck one is zero bytes in size but it sounds like you have already looked for those.</p><p>You can view the content of any found with a text editor if desired. </p>

[quote user="MageMaster"]

I've tried most of the fixes posted online. None worked and one was bad (clearing mail boxes with size 0, this deleted some of my folder listings).[/quote]

Just to clarify the above assertion I have never advised to delete 0-byte FOLDERS that are made of a pair of files. While the PMI (index) part may be 0-byte the PMM (data) is at least 128-byte long. What I recommend was 0-byte CNM, PMW, PMX, and PNX. I think 0-byte CNX would also be safe to delete.

The ghost unsent queued message can be also due to a 0-byte file but also to other causes. Please elaborate.
[quote user="MageMaster"]<div>I've tried most of the fixes posted online. None worked and one was bad (clearing mail boxes with size 0, this deleted some of my folder listings).[/quote]</div><div> </div><div>Just to clarify the above assertion I have never advised to delete 0-byte FOLDERS that are made of a pair of files. While the PMI (index) part may be 0-byte the PMM (data) is at least 128-byte long. What I recommend was 0-byte CNM, PMW, PMX, and PNX. I think 0-byte CNX would also be safe to delete.</div><div> </div><div>The ghost unsent queued message can be also due to a 0-byte file but also to other causes. Please elaborate. </div>

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

Queued messages are represented as a pair of files while they still editable. The content (body) part is a PNX file and it MUST have a counter part, either a PMX (headers, etc) or a PMO (ditto, but for saved, auto-saved or stationary). A queued message should appear like 12345678.PNX and 12345678.PMX (or PMO). After processing to its final form it will appear as 12345678.PMW only.

If you have broken file pairs you most likely will have a ghost queued message. Corrupted files also may be a cause, but I'd look after PNXs without PMXs (or PMOs), or vice-versa. Delete them if found.

<p>Queued messages are represented as a pair of files while they still editable. The content (body) part is a PNX file and it MUST have a counter part, either a PMX (headers, etc) or a PMO (ditto, but for saved, auto-saved or stationary). A queued message should appear like 12345678.PNX and 12345678.PMX (or PMO). After processing to its final form it will appear as 12345678.PMW only.</p><p>If you have broken file pairs you most likely will have a ghost queued message. Corrupted files also may be a cause, but I'd look after PNXs without PMXs (or PMOs), or vice-versa. Delete them if found. </p>

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

I agree with this article. You should only delete PMM files if they are 128 bytes in size (indicates empty folder) .  On the other hand 0 byte PMI files (index files) can be deleted as they are tracking messages within a folder, and can be rebuilt by selecting a folder from the Folder menu item and select "re-index".

Martin 

<p>I agree with this article. You should only delete PMM files if they are 128 bytes in size (indicates empty folder) .  On the other hand 0 byte PMI files (index files) can be deleted as they are tracking messages within a folder, and can be rebuilt by selecting a folder from the Folder menu item and select "re-index".</p><p>Martin </p>

I'll try.

But does anyone know WHERE the mail-to queue is actually kept?  The list of queue contents has to be somewhere.

Could it be a Registry entry (Win7 Pro)?

It would be nice if there was a "MailTo" entry in the Pegasus Mail mailbox list ......\PMAIL\MAIL.

<p>I'll try.</p><p>But does anyone know WHERE the mail-to queue is actually kept?  The list of queue contents has to be somewhere.</p><p>Could it be a Registry entry (Win7 Pro)?</p><p>It would be nice if there was a "MailTo" entry in the Pegasus Mail mailbox list ......\PMAIL\MAIL.</p>

AFAIK, when you open the queue manager it polls the mailbox directory for queued message files and then displays that list.

AFAIK, when you open the queue manager it polls the mailbox directory for queued message files and then displays that list.

Does the Review Queued   File menu not give you the info ? The files are located in your NewMail directory, ie c:\pmail\mail\admin etc

Martin 

<p>Does the Review Queued   File menu not give you the info ? The files are located in your NewMail directory, ie c:\pmail\mail\admin etc</p><p>Martin </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft