Community Discussions and Support
Multiple Pegasus Mail Processes in Windows 10, No Icon on Task Bar when Minimised / Minimized

Check the configuration options for icon behavior located in Tools | Options | User interface | Reporting/logging.

Also, I believe you can drag icons from hidden icons area of the system tray into the space between the caret and the date/time and they will stick.   I use this for two of my running instances with the third minimizing to the taskbar. 

<p>Check the configuration options for icon behavior located in Tools | Options | User interface | Reporting/logging.</p><p>Also, I believe you can drag icons from hidden icons area of the system tray into the space between the caret and the date/time and they will stick.   I use this for two of my running instances with the third minimizing to the taskbar.  </p>

After many many many (did I mention, many?) happy years of using Pegasus Mail, and an aversion to moving to another MS OS version when things have "worked" for years too, I finally (kicking and screaming) made a migration to Win10. Not happy times thus far. Of a primary concern is that while I run multiple instances of Pegasus as different e-mail accounts (using command line -i (name) -ms) it seems my configuration (?) of Win10 doesn't display an icon for a minimised Pmail window on the task bar! Yes, I've found I can see it by using the Show Hidden Icons display, but didn't realise this was happening and was getting the message about possible other instances running each time I launched Pmail (yes, that should have been my first clue...). Nah, said I -- no one here but us chickens, so open up Pmail and let me in! I'll use the X button to totally close Pmail upon exit. Same error again, plus some minor function issues. What gives? I ran a process checker and saw multiple instances of Pmail running when in theory I only had one active at the time. Apparently this was due to my not seeing any running copies on the task bar so *ass u me*d it was OK to start Pmail again and that there was a Pmail glitch. Nope, Win10 seems to want to hide the icon for a minimised Pmail running process, rather than display on the task bar like other programs where there is an underlined icon displayed and clicking the icon relaunches the program maximised. So, has anyone else had this issue, and/or how can I force Win10 to display a Pmail icon on the task bar when a Pmail process is active but the window is minimised? TIA all (and multitudes of thanks to David et al for such a robust and amazing program.)

After many many many (did I mention, many?) happy years of using Pegasus Mail, and an aversion to moving to another MS OS version when things have "worked" for years too, I finally (kicking and screaming) made a migration to Win10. Not happy times thus far. Of a primary concern is that while I run multiple instances of Pegasus as different e-mail accounts (using command line -i (name) -ms) it seems my configuration (?) of Win10 doesn't display an icon for a minimised Pmail window on the task bar! Yes, I've found I can see it by using the Show Hidden Icons display, but didn't realise this was happening and was getting the message about possible other instances running each time I launched Pmail (yes, that should have been my first clue...). Nah, said I -- no one here but us chickens, so open up Pmail and let me in! I'll use the X button to totally close Pmail upon exit. Same error again, plus some minor function issues. What gives? I ran a process checker and saw multiple instances of Pmail running when in theory I only had one active at the time. Apparently this was due to my not seeing any running copies on the task bar so *ass u me*d it was OK to start Pmail again and that there was a Pmail glitch. Nope, Win10 seems to want to hide the icon for a minimised Pmail running process, rather than display on the task bar like other programs where there is an underlined icon displayed and clicking the icon relaunches the program maximised. So, has anyone else had this issue, and/or how can I force Win10 to display a Pmail icon on the task bar when a Pmail process is active but the window is minimised? TIA all (and multitudes of thanks to David et al for such a robust and amazing program.)
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft