Community Discussions and Support
mails download but won't open

I'll check the antivirus.  It seems odd that they show up in the NMF with various sizes, just as if they had been moved into pegasus like normal.  Sounds like there is something up with IMAP so maybe this is all a moot point.  I've used and loved Pegasus for so long though.  So easy to find what I want.

I'll check the antivirus.  It seems odd that they show up in the NMF with various sizes, just as if they had been moved into pegasus like normal.  Sounds like there is something up with IMAP so maybe this is all a moot point.  I've used and loved Pegasus for so long though.  So easy to find what I want.

The emails are showing up in pegasus mail and have size and normal attributes.  But, when I try to open one I just get this message,  There is nothing else.  Nothing under attachments.  Nothing.

This only applies to the New & Unread mail folder.  Older folders with saved messages open just fine.

This message contains binary or non-textual data that cannot be previewed within Pegasus Mail.

Filename:   ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ

You can work with this file in the message reader's 'Attachments' page.

<p>The emails are showing up in pegasus mail and have size and normal attributes.  But, when I try to open one I just get this message,  There is nothing else.  Nothing under attachments.  Nothing.</p><p> This only applies to the New & Unread mail folder.  Older folders with saved messages open just fine. </p><p> </p><p> This message contains binary or non-textual data that cannot be previewed within Pegasus Mail.    Filename:   ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ You can work with this file in the message reader's 'Attachments' page.</p>

Some sort of anomaly has occurred in the creation of those message entries.  Refreshing your new mail folder (close/reopen) should solve the problem.

Some sort of anomaly has occurred in the creation of those message entries.  Refreshing your new mail folder (close/reopen) should solve the problem.

I've refreshed numerous times.  Still nothing.  I can send mail out to myself with attachments.  When it arrives it will show the size as if those attachments are there.  But when you open it, same thing.  There is nothing there. 

I also reloaded Pegasus Mail.

<p>I've refreshed numerous times.  Still nothing.  I can send mail out to myself with attachments.  When it arrives it will show the size as if those attachments are there.  But when you open it, same thing.  There is nothing there.  </p><p> I also reloaded Pegasus Mail. </p>

In this thread there is a discussion about two message files causing what you describe that had to be manually deleted. 

http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/52373.aspx

<p>In this thread there is a discussion about two message files causing what you describe that had to be manually deleted.  </p><p>http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/52373.aspx </p>

I've only seen these when there's been some failure (network or hardware) during the message download.

I think others have reported it could also be caused by an anti-virus program interfering with the messages as Pegasus Mail is handling them.

<p>I've only seen these when there's been some failure (network or hardware) during the message download.</p><p>I think others have reported it could also be caused by an anti-virus program interfering with the messages as Pegasus Mail is handling them.</p>

Thanks.  Read the links but don't seem to have a problem quite like that.  Nothing is replicating.  Perhaps it is like PaulW mentions below.  I'll check my antivirus program too.  Much obliged.

Thanks.  Read the links but don't seem to have a problem quite like that.  Nothing is replicating.  Perhaps it is like PaulW mentions below.  I'll check my antivirus program too.  Much obliged.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft