Community Discussions and Support
Why queue handling LIFO not FIFO any more ?

[quote user="Marschall"]

why has the queue handling been changed fom FIFO to LIFO since V4.5 ?

[/quote]

It hasn't!  In fact, there has never been a firmly-defined processing order in Mercury. If you were getting a FIFO effect before, then it was purely a curiosity of the way the files were organized on your system. MercuryE does a certain amount of queue sorting to ensure that old, slow mail doesn't unnecessarily delay mail recently injected into the queue, but it's fairly slight and if I recall correctly, was done in v4.0 anyway.

The order of jobs in the queue is pretty much determined by the order in which they are returned by the operating system.

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user="Marschall"]<p>why has the queue handling been changed fom FIFO to LIFO since V4.5 ?</p>[/quote] It hasn't!  In fact, there has never been a firmly-defined processing order in Mercury. If you were getting a FIFO effect before, then it was purely a curiosity of the way the files were organized on your system. MercuryE does a certain amount of queue sorting to ensure that old, slow mail doesn't unnecessarily delay mail recently injected into the queue, but it's fairly slight and if I recall correctly, was done in v4.0 anyway. The order of jobs in the queue is pretty much determined by the order in which they are returned by the operating system. Cheers! -- David --

Hi David,

why has the queue handling been changed fom FIFO to LIFO since V4.5 ? Because of that, if I have lot of traffic on my server, the email order is changed - newer emails arrive earlier at the recipient than older ones. This is sometimes confusing ...

Best regards

Heiko

<P>Hi David,</P> <P>why has the queue handling been changed fom FIFO to LIFO since V4.5 ? Because of that, if I have lot of traffic on my server, the email order is changed - newer emails arrive earlier at the recipient than older ones. This is sometimes confusing ...</P> <P> Best regards</P> <P> Heiko</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft