[quote user="c.haslam"]

Thank you both. Problem solved.

[/quote]

YW [:)]

[quote user="c.haslam"]

Keep well. especially in Brazil.

...chris

[/quote]

Much obliged. We're doing very fine. I'm beginning to think all this itch is on media only. [;)]

[quote user="c.haslam"]<p>Thank you both. Problem solved.</p>[/quote]<p>YW [:)] </p><p>[quote user="c.haslam"]</p>Keep well. especially in Brazil.<p>...chris </p>[/quote]<p>Much obliged. We're doing very fine. I'm beginning to think all this itch is on media only. [;)] </p>

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

I have backups of the whole of the Mailbox directory.

My wife accidentally  deleted a folder this morning. I have found the files in the backup, both the .pmm and .pmi files. I have found the backed up version of hierarch.pm, and the line in which the name of the deleted folder appears.

The parent of the deleted folder is My Mailbox.

She tells me that she has since added and combined other folders.

How can I restore this folder?

I think I know, but just _thinking_ you know can be dangerous!

<p>I have backups of the whole of the Mailbox directory.</p><p> My wife accidentally  deleted a folder this morning. I have found the files in the backup, both the .pmm and .pmi files. I have found the backed up version of hierarch.pm, and the line in which the name of the deleted folder appears. </p><p>The parent of the deleted folder is My Mailbox.</p><p>She tells me that she has since added and combined other folders. </p><p> </p><p> How can I restore this folder?</p><p>I think I know, but just _thinking_ you know can be dangerous! </p>

Restoring a folder is quite easy if you have a backup. All you need is copy the pair of files to your Mailbox directory while Pegasus Mail is shutdown. After starting a new session the deleted folder will appear in the Folders pane.

If the folder was deleted from the Folders pane it will also be removed from hierarch.pm and so you'll have to relocate the folder into its previous Folders' tree position. If it was removed outside of Pegasus Mail environment, that is deleting the pair of files, returning them from backup may be all you need.

<p>Restoring a folder is quite easy if you have a backup. All you need is copy the pair of files to your Mailbox directory while Pegasus Mail is shutdown. After starting a new session the deleted folder will appear in the Folders pane.</p><p>If the folder was deleted from the Folders pane it will also be removed from hierarch.pm and so you'll have to relocate the folder into its previous Folders' tree position. If it was removed outside of Pegasus Mail environment, that is deleting the pair of files, returning them from backup may be all you need. </p>

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

BTW You should check that the option to delete the deleted content when Pegasus Mail closes is NOT checked.  I believe some people would not select the Deleted Folder for backup as its life and content is short lived.

Martin

<p>BTW You should check that the option to delete the deleted content when Pegasus Mail closes is NOT checked.  I believe some people would not select the Deleted Folder for backup as its life and content is short lived.</p><p> </p><p>Martin</p>

Thank you both. Problem solved.

Keep well. especially in Brazil.

...chris

<p>Thank you both. Problem solved.</p><p>Keep well. especially in Brazil.</p><p>...chris </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft