Community Discussions and Support
copy mailboxes : content (folders,maps) is not transferred

I did what you asked me to do.

It does not work.

The new mailbox (the default mailbox = "my mailbox") was recreated on my laptop (same Pegasus v).

I transfer once more by copying the data to my laptop.

The new mailbox shows up but empty on Laptop's Pegasus. Only the default "new mail folder" appears. So the other data that do not appear  are present in the new mailbox when I check the new mailbox's content through Explorer.

What to do ?

<p>I did what you asked me to do.</p><p>It does not work.</p><p>The new mailbox (the default mailbox = "my mailbox") was recreated on my laptop (same Pegasus v).</p><p>I transfer once more by copying the data to my laptop.</p><p>The new mailbox shows up but empty on Laptop's Pegasus. Only the default "new mail folder" appears. So the other data that do not appear  are present in the new mailbox when I check the new mailbox's content through Explorer.</p><p> </p><p>What to do ?  </p>

- I have the Pegasus' default mailbox "my mailbox"

- I created "other mailboxes" .

- I copy all the mailboxes (my mailbox + other mailboxes) to an external HD or USB-pen.

- The content of "my mailbox" is transferred to the external HD or USB-pen.

- The content of "other mailboxes" is not copied.

I see only the list of the "other mailboxes". But they are empty. The content is missing.

My question : how to proceed ? 

Thanks for your advice.

<p>- I have the Pegasus' default mailbox "my mailbox"</p><p>- I created "other mailboxes" .</p><p>- I copy all the mailboxes (my mailbox + other mailboxes) to an external HD or USB-pen.</p><p>- The content of "my mailbox" is transferred to the external HD or USB-pen.</p><p>- The content of "other mailboxes" is not copied.</p><p>I see only the list of the "other mailboxes". But they are empty. The content is missing.</p><p> </p><p><u>My question</u> : how to proceed ? </p><p> </p><p>Thanks for your advice.</p>

[quote user="Pierre MAES"]

- I have the Pegasus' default mailbox "my mailbox"

- I created "other mailboxes" .

- I copy all the mailboxes (my mailbox + other mailboxes) to an external HD or USB-pen.

- The content of "my mailbox" is transferred to the external HD or USB-pen.

- The content of "other mailboxes" is not copied.

I see only the list of the "other mailboxes". But they are empty. The content is missing.

My question : how to proceed ? 

Thanks for your advice.

[/quote]

The other mailboxes are simply pointers to other directories and should still point to the location of the other mailbox; all you are copying is the pointers to those mailboxes in the hierarch.pm and state.pmj.  I would recommend that you disconnect them and then  re-add the mailboxes.

[quote user="Pierre MAES"]<p>- I have the Pegasus' default mailbox "my mailbox"</p><p>- I created "other mailboxes" .</p><p>- I copy all the mailboxes (my mailbox + other mailboxes) to an external HD or USB-pen.</p><p>- The content of "my mailbox" is transferred to the external HD or USB-pen.</p><p>- The content of "other mailboxes" is not copied.</p><p>I see only the list of the "other mailboxes". But they are empty. The content is missing.</p><p> </p><p><u>My question</u> : how to proceed ? </p><p> </p><p>Thanks for your advice.</p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>The other mailboxes are simply pointers to other directories and should still point to the location of the other mailbox; all you are copying is the pointers to those mailboxes in the hierarch.pm and state.pmj.  I would recommend that you disconnect them and then  re-add the mailboxes. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft