Community Discussions and Support
Lock file appears to block verification by email clients

We can now add the Spark iOS app to the list of apps that don't close an imap connection.

We can now add the Spark iOS app to the list of apps that don't close an imap connection.

Just on FYI...

In testing Outlook and Spark email iOS apps I have discovered that during their configuration verification process the verification would fail if a mailbox lock is in place (mailboxm.lck).  Further digging reveals that neither one releases the lock when closed.  This is probably a know issue and applies to all IMAP connections but it's news to me so not everyone knows about it. [;)]

<p>Just on FYI...</p><p>In testing Outlook and Spark email iOS apps I have discovered that during their configuration verification process the verification would fail if a mailbox lock is in place (mailboxm.lck).  Further digging reveals that neither one releases the lock when closed.  This is probably a know issue and applies to all IMAP connections but it's news to me so not everyone knows about it. [;)] </p><p> </p>

iirc Outlook does not close an imap connection correctly and therefore mercury thinks that the connection is still open.

<p>iirc Outlook does not close an imap connection correctly and therefore mercury thinks that the connection is still open.</p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft