Community Discussions and Support
"socket read timeout" failure on MercuryC with SSL

Solved! 

My IT right hand man assured me that port 465 was open but he was only thinking of the router.  It was being blocked by Windows firewall.

<p>Solved!  </p><p>My IT right hand man assured me that port 465 was open but he was only thinking of the router.  It was being blocked by Windows firewall. </p>

I have been trying to get MercuryC to connect using SSL but can't get past "socket read timeout" failures.  I have confirmed the server and port settings with my domain host.  Any other suggestions?  Might the beta version help?

I have been trying to get MercuryC to connect using SSL but can't get past "socket read timeout" failures.  I have confirmed the server and port settings with my domain host.  Any other suggestions?  Might the beta version help?

As far as i know this error means no connection possible. Do you have checked your firewall settings?

Another point could be that your partner silently changed port, ssl-access (starttls) or the format of the username (username@example.com instead of username).

<p><span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">As far as i know this error means no connection possible. Do you have checked your firewall settings?</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">Another point could be that your partner silently changed port, ssl-access (starttls) or the format of the username (username@example.com instead of username).</span></p>

Our Mercury C runs without problems with following settings:

Smart Host Name:        smtp.ionos.de          (smtp server of our ISP)

Port:                            587  /  SSL encryption via STARTTLS command

Announce myself as:    domain.com     (our internet doamin, used for our external e-mail addresses)

Forced SMTP sender:   empty

Login Username:          one of our ISP email account usernames (e-mail address)

Except the general logging settings, the rest of the "credential settings for SMTP authentication" remain unchecked/disabled

<p>Our Mercury C runs without problems with following settings:</p><p>Smart Host Name:        smtp.ionos.de          (smtp server of our ISP) </p><p>Port:                            587  /  SSL encryption via STARTTLS command</p><p>Announce myself as:    <i>domain.com</i>     (our internet doamin, used for our external e-mail addresses)</p><p>Forced SMTP sender:  <i> empty</i> </p><p>Login Username:          one of our ISP email account usernames (e-mail address)</p><p> </p><p>Except the general logging settings, the rest of the "credential settings for SMTP authentication" remain unchecked/disabled </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft