Community Discussions and Support
IERenderer download problem

I tried getting the latest version or IERenderer at the link recommended in the previous thread, https://www.pmpgp.de/renderer/IERenderer.zip, but when extracted the files from the .zip, Norton deleted the install file as a risk. It reported the risk name "WS.Reputation.1"

I tried getting the latest version or IERenderer at the link recommended in the previous thread, https://www.pmpgp.de/renderer/IERenderer.zip, but when extracted the files from the .zip, Norton deleted the install file as a risk. It reported the risk name "WS.Reputation.1"

I found this paragraph on the web that best describes what is going on:

"WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec's community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks."

That is really presumptuous! It's a shame they don't just warn rather delete (quarantine?) as if its a virus.

I don't know anything about the functionality of your Norton product but I
assume it is like other AV products and provides a way restore from quarantine or to exclude a directory from scanning that you can then use.

I found this paragraph on the web that best describes what is going on: "WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec's community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks." That is really presumptuous! It's a shame they don't just warn rather delete (quarantine?) as if its a virus. I don't know anything about the functionality of your Norton product but I assume it is like other AV products and provides a way restore from quarantine or to exclude a directory from scanning that you can then use.

They are certainly complaining about the self-signed certificate. Point is that I'm not making money of working on IER, hence I'm not in a position to pay for regularly signed developer certificates to avoid this (like many other open source developers). For the distribution package David Harris signs the included IER installer for avoiding this.

They are certainly complaining about the self-signed certificate. Point is that I'm not making money of working on IER, hence I'm not in a position to pay for regularly signed developer certificates to avoid this (like many other open source developers). For the distribution package David Harris signs the included IER installer for avoiding this.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Thanks for the follow-up. I downloaded again, ran Norton "File Insight" from the right-click menu on the extracted file (it extracted properly this time), clicked on "trust now" and then ran the file. Windows 10, as often, tried to warn me off, but by clicking on the additional info link, I could tell it to install (Windows tries to block a lot of things). It installed w/o problem

Thanks for the follow-up. I downloaded again, ran Norton "File Insight" from the right-click menu on the extracted file (it extracted properly this time), clicked on "trust now" and then ran the file. Windows 10, as often, tried to warn me off, but by clicking on the additional info link, I could tell it to install (Windows tries to block a lot of things). It installed w/o problem
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft