Site Feedback
Community notification emails

Can Codoforum create a proper URL link in the HTML version of the notification emails?

Currently the plain text version looks like this:

You can view the topic by clicking
https://community.pmail.com:443/index.php?u=/topic/11469/mercury-32-v4-90-released/post-52917/#post-52917

and the HTML version:

<br />
You can view the topic by clicking https://community.pmail.com:443/index.php?u=/topic/11469/mercury-32-v4-90-released/post-52917/#post-52917<br />
<br />

Of course PMail will force the plaintext into a link automatically, but expects the HTML version to have the relevant href tags.

Can Codoforum create a proper URL link in the HTML version of the notification emails? Currently the plain text version looks like this: ```` You can view the topic by clicking https://community.pmail.com:443/index.php?u=/topic/11469/mercury-32-v4-90-released/post-52917/#post-52917 ```` and the HTML version: ```` &lt;br /&gt; You can view the topic by clicking https://community.pmail.com:443/index.php?u=/topic/11469/mercury-32-v4-90-released/post-52917/#post-52917&lt;br /&gt; &lt;br /&gt; ```` Of course PMail will force the plaintext into a link automatically, but expects the HTML version to have the relevant href tags.

That's the default notification template. I've edited it to use an <a> tag, let's see if that works as expected.

That&#039;s the default notification template. I&#039;ve edited it to use an &lt;a&gt; tag, let&#039;s see if that works as expected.

Thanks Rolf, that creates a usable link, but at the expense of not having a link in the plain text version.

Perhaps it might work if you keep the full url and have that as the link:

<a href="https://community.pmail.com:443/something">https://community.pmail.com:443/something</a>
Thanks Rolf, that creates a usable link, but at the expense of not having a link in the plain text version. Perhaps it might work if you keep the full url and have that as the link: ```` &lt;a href=&quot;https://community.pmail.com:443/something&quot;&gt;https://community.pmail.com:443/something&lt;/a&gt; ````

Thank you once more Rolf - now both plain text and HTML versions have a link to click!

Thank you once more Rolf - now both plain text and HTML versions have a link to click!
edited Nov 2 '21 at 5:01 pm

Hi,
I never get a notification mail when someone answers to a subscibed or newly created thread until now. I've also checked my spam folder. The notification level is set to the highest at all different postions where the level slider appears.
Further I don't find my account connected email address within my user account profile. Where can I find it?

Thanks

Hi, I never get a notification mail when someone answers to a subscibed or newly created thread until now. I&#039;ve also checked my spam folder. The notification level is set to the highest at all different postions where the level slider appears. Further I don&#039;t find my account connected email address within my user account profile. Where can I find it? Thanks

My email notifications have stopped. The notifications indicator in the web GUI no longer shows new notifications either even though some are there when I click on the bell icon. I too went looking through my profile for the email address associated with my account and was unable to find it.

On second look at my notifications it appears there is a loop. The same one is repeatedly being added to my list of notifications. I am going to attempt to set that discussion to "No notifications" to see if that resolves it.

My email notifications have stopped. The notifications indicator in the web GUI no longer shows new notifications either even though some are there when I click on the bell icon. I too went looking through my profile for the email address associated with my account and was unable to find it. On second look at my notifications it appears there is a loop. The same one is repeatedly being added to my list of notifications. I am going to attempt to set that discussion to &quot;No notifications&quot; to see if that resolves it.
edited Jan 5 '22 at 7:13 pm

I too went looking through my profile for the email address associated with my account and was unable to find it.

I now remember that this was brought up early in the forums life. An admin reported back that the email field is not editable but the fact that it is invisible in the profile seems odd. It seems important to be able to confirm the email address associated with your profile, especially when expected email notifications fail to arrive.

[quote=&quot;pid:53167, uid:28772&quot;]I too went looking through my profile for the email address associated with my account and was unable to find it.[/quote] I now remember that this was brought up early in the forums life. An admin reported back that the email field is not editable but the fact that it is invisible in the profile seems odd. It seems important to be able to confirm the email address associated with your profile, especially when expected email notifications fail to arrive.

I think the reason for the missing indicator and the daily/weekly digest is this thread and his really long topic name. The TO wrote in the wrong place...
Please can a moderator shorten the topic name.

I think the reason for the missing indicator and the daily/weekly digest is this [url=https://community.pmail.com/index.php?u=/topic/11517/i-had-a-computer-crash-and-for-the-first-time-in-25-years-i-m-without-my-pegasus-mail-can-t-seem-to-install-back-specs-given-to-me-by-spectrum-apparently-can-t-work-for-some-reason-and-i-need-somebodys-help-in-trying-to-install-i-tried-using-youtube-video-which-made-things-seem-simple-but-not-even-dell-pro-support-can-help-me-that-video-is-located-at-following-address-https-www-youtube-com-watch-v-5wfpytw-l3k-it-seems-spectrum-is-not-using-the-pop3-setup-so-i-m-trying-to-set-up-an-imap-account]thread[/url] and his really long topic name. The TO wrote in the wrong place... Please can a moderator shorten the topic name.

I think the reason for the missing indicator and the daily/weekly digest is this thread and his really long topic name. The TO wrote in the wrong place...
Please can a moderator shorten the topic name.

Right, that apparently totally broke the notification system. Should work normally again now.

[quote=&quot;pid:53175, uid:27728&quot;]I think the reason for the missing indicator and the daily/weekly digest is this thread and his really long topic name. The TO wrote in the wrong place... Please can a moderator shorten the topic name.[/quote] Right, that apparently totally broke the notification system. Should work normally again now.

Thank you Rolf, yes notifications are now arriving again!

(About 25 covering several weeks.)

Thank you Rolf, yes notifications are now arriving again! (About 25 covering several weeks.)

Yes, fortunately it's working again.
Like Paul, I'm just receiving so many pending notifications, since it's working again. Have to check my notification settings ...

Thanks Rolf.

Yes, fortunately it&#039;s working again. Like Paul, I&#039;m just receiving so many pending notifications, since it&#039;s working again. Have to check my notification settings ... Thanks Rolf.

Rolf,

I'm still getting notifications for old replies, which have been posted days ago. I've set the sliders for those subscription already to "0", means "no notification" - nevertheless they are still coming. Should I have to change anything else for unsubcribing?

Rolf, I&#039;m still getting notifications for old replies, which have been posted days ago. I&#039;ve set the sliders for those subscription already to &quot;0&quot;, means &quot;no notification&quot; - nevertheless they are still coming. Should I have to change anything else for unsubcribing?

I'm beginning to suspect there is still some problem with one or more existing topics that prevents the notification routine from completing normally, have so far not been able to figure out what it could be though.

I&#039;m beginning to suspect there is still some problem with one or more existing topics that prevents the notification routine from completing normally, have so far not been able to figure out what it could be though.

Notifications appear to be working normally again. Thanks Rolf!

Notifications appear to be working normally again. Thanks Rolf!

After making a few more changes in old topics notifications seem to have worked as expected for me again. If there still are problems please let me know.

After making a few more changes in old topics notifications seem to have worked as expected for me again. If there still are problems please let me know.

I am not able to reactivate the daily digests in the preferences. The setting is not saved and when I go back to the edit page it is set to Immediate again.

I am not able to reactivate the daily digests in the preferences. The setting is not saved and when I go back to the edit page it is set to Immediate again.

Going back to the mention re: one not being able to see or verify (or change!) one's registered email address in the profile GUI, is there an Admin that can do the business for me?

I have been working feverishly, for over a year, to cut all ties with the ISP that holds the mailbox for my registered address here (and other places still ...that I've yet to uncover).

Help Please!

Going back to the mention re: one not being able to see or verify (or change!) one&#039;s registered email address in the profile GUI, is there an Admin that can do the business for me? I have been working feverishly, for over a year, to cut all ties with the ISP that holds the mailbox for my registered address here (and other places still ...that I&#039;ve yet to uncover). Help Please!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft