Community Discussions and Support
Mercury 4.90 has been released by David

Hi Brian,
Since you are reading both the Listserver and the new Forum, could you update us regarding the self-signed certificate problem in M4.90? Are there any news available from beta team or David? I intend to update from 4.81 to 4.90 in next week but I'm a little unsure now.

Hi Brian, Since you are reading both the Listserver and the new Forum, could you update us regarding the self-signed certificate problem in M4.90? Are there any news available from beta team or David? I intend to update from 4.81 to 4.90 in next week but I'm a little unsure now.

Below is the relevant content of the discussion on listserv. There were two additional posts confirming the certificate creation error. No additional information has been posted.

after 11years I am back to Mercury. smile

For testing I installed Mercury on WIN7. Install went easy as
"back in the time", only one problem: I am not able to create
a self signed Cert. for testing purposes. Starting the process
is ok, but at the dialog where I have to create the file name
for the .PEM file I get an error message saying " The file
can't be found" when hitting the Create Button. Tried
different names, no luck. Still stuck.

According to the announcement at
http://www.pmail.com/m32_490.htm Mercury should carry it's own
openssl file, but I can't find any in \Mercury and/or it's
subfolders.

Question: Do I have to install myself openssl and where to
place the files ? Or am I wrong here ?

i passed the problem to david and he is looking into. so there will
be a fix soon.

Below is the relevant content of the discussion on listserv. There were two additional posts confirming the certificate creation error. No additional information has been posted. >> after 11years I am back to Mercury. :) >> >> For testing I installed Mercury on WIN7. Install went easy as >> "back in the time", only one problem: I am not able to create >> a self signed Cert. for testing purposes. Starting the process >> is ok, but at the dialog where I have to create the file name >> for the .PEM file I get an error message saying " The file >> can't be found" when hitting the Create Button. Tried >> different names, no luck. Still stuck. >> >> According to the announcement at >> http://www.pmail.com/m32_490.htm Mercury should carry it's own >> openssl file, but I can't find any in \Mercury and/or it's >> subfolders. >> >> Question: Do I have to install myself openssl and where to >> place the files ? Or am I wrong here ? >i passed the problem to david and he is looking into. so there will >be a fix soon.

Just updated from v4.81 to 4.90. The update process went well without any problems. Since we got already running Mercury as a Service on our Windows Server 2016, the offered new creating of a service has been skipped.
All clients, irrespective whether Pmail direct access, or Tunderbird via IMAP, or Roundcube web client via IMAP are working fine so far as usual. Can't wait whether anything has been changed when all users are back, especially regarding loading of chunks with TB attachments via IMAP. In case of any problems you will be the first informed smile

But I'm also a little bit confused about incorporated update of Spamhalter, which we are using since years as well. During the update Spamhalter has replaced the names of our defined "is_spam" and "no_spam" accounts, which are intended for user triggered database learning purposes (missed spam / false positives), with any standard account names.
Further the message tagging by Spamhalter has been changed. The header now reads X-SPAMWALL instead of X-SPAMHALTER. But our Mercury filter routine is searching for X-SPAMHALTER when sorting out spam.
And finally Spamhalter checkbox "SPAM filtering is enabled" was disabled after the Mercury update.
After changing the settings back to our own values, the spam filtering works again.

Why the old SPAMWALL wording appears here? SPAMWALL was the old naming for Spamhalter, years ago. Also within the "about" window of Spamhalter there is a copyright (c)2004-2014! Is this the right current version?
The shown version number 4.6.1.433 seems ok, especially since the programmer is showing v4.5 as the current version at its website (https://www.ararat.cz/doku.php/en:spamhalter)

edit:
Just experiencing problems in recognizing/showing of big attachments in Thunderbird when accessing via MercuryI. I tested it with 4 images (of 5MB each) within one mail. Thunderbird tried to download the attachment from MercuryI but wasn't able finally. I remember that we've changed the Chunking settings of TB in past. Now I've set the value: "mail.server.default.fetch_by_chunks" to FALSE and it works. Will see ...

Just updated from v4.81 to 4.90. The update process went well without any problems. Since we got already running Mercury as a Service on our Windows Server 2016, the offered new creating of a service has been skipped. All clients, irrespective whether Pmail direct access, or Tunderbird via IMAP, or Roundcube web client via IMAP are working fine so far as usual. Can't wait whether anything has been changed when all users are back, especially regarding loading of chunks with TB attachments via IMAP. In case of any problems you will be the first informed :) But I'm also a little bit confused about incorporated update of Spamhalter, which we are using since years as well. During the update Spamhalter has replaced the names of our defined "is_spam" and "no_spam" accounts, which are intended for user triggered database learning purposes (missed spam / false positives), with any standard account names. Further the message tagging by Spamhalter has been changed. The header now reads X-SPAMWALL instead of X-SPAMHALTER. But our Mercury filter routine is searching for X-SPAMHALTER when sorting out spam. And finally Spamhalter checkbox "SPAM filtering is enabled" was disabled after the Mercury update. After changing the settings back to our own values, the spam filtering works again. Why the old SPAMWALL wording appears here? SPAMWALL was the old naming for Spamhalter, years ago. Also within the "about" window of Spamhalter there is a copyright (c)2004-2014! Is this the right current version? The shown version number 4.6.1.433 seems ok, especially since the programmer is showing v4.5 as the current version at its website (https://www.ararat.cz/doku.php/en:spamhalter) edit: Just experiencing problems in recognizing/showing of big attachments in Thunderbird when accessing via MercuryI. I tested it with 4 images (of 5MB each) within one mail. Thunderbird tried to download the attachment from MercuryI but wasn't able finally. I remember that we've changed the Chunking settings of TB in past. Now I've set the value: "mail.server.default.fetch_by_chunks" to FALSE and it works. Will see ...
edited Dec 27 '21 at 1:15 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft