Site Feedback
Search function

I'm think I'm not understanding how the Search function works. I enter my keyword in the Search box & click the magnifying glass, but nothing happens. I get the same behavior using Firefox & Edge. I am running Win 10 ver 21H1

I'm think I'm not understanding how the Search function works. I enter my keyword in the Search box & click the magnifying glass, but nothing happens. I get the same behavior using Firefox & Edge. I am running Win 10 ver 21H1

Larry Hess CPA | Albuquerque NM

I just played with the search function a little bit and the behavior is not as expected. First, a hover of the magnifying glass displays "Advanced search" but there isn't a way to open an advanced search dialog box. The functionality appears to be as follows:

• A simple search for the term specified is conducted in the active category.
  • If no match is found, nothing happens. There is no feedback that indicates a search was conducted but no match was found.
  • If a match is found, an advanced search dialog box is displayed along with the search matches below it.

The way I found to get it to work like I think it should is to first do a search on a known word (one in the most recent post is most convenient) and then use the advanced search dialog that appears to do your actual search.

Worthy of note here is that the search matches do not contain any indication that a discussion is closed. The only way I could tell is by the missing "Reply" button.

I just played with the search function a little bit and the behavior is not as expected. First, a hover of the magnifying glass displays "Advanced search" but there isn't a way to open an advanced search dialog box. The functionality appears to be as follows: - A simple search for the term specified is conducted in the active category. - If no match is found, nothing happens. There is no feedback that indicates a search was conducted but no match was found. - If a match is found, an advanced search dialog box is displayed along with the search matches below it. The way I found to get it to work like I think it should is to first do a search on a known word (one in the most recent post is most convenient) and then use the advanced search dialog that appears to do your actual search. Worthy of note here is that the search matches do not contain any indication that a discussion is closed. The only way I could tell is by the missing "Reply" button.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft