Community Discussions and Support
GMAIL POP3/SMTP

Hi,
since many years I use GMail POP3/SMTP/IMAP services from pegasus Mail having set a specific PMail app PWD on GMAIL.
This morning I was initially able to download the list of new messages from GMail, but afterwards I was unable to sucessfully connect via POP3 or IMAP from PMail, nor I was able to send any email via SMTP.
I've created a new GMail app PWD for PMail, checked that my GMail config is properly configured to get emails from external email programs, but without sucess.
My PMail settings are:

• POP3: server pop.gmail.com, port: 995, "Via dicrect SSL connect"
  • SMTP: server smtp.gmail.com, port: 465, "Via direct SSL connect"I've read that Google has started switching to Auth 2., but I've not received any notification from Google.My Android tablet doesn't have problem in accessing my GMail account.Any suggestion?TIA Domenico

Hi, since many years I use GMail POP3/SMTP/IMAP services from pegasus Mail having set a specific PMail app PWD on GMAIL. This morning I was initially able to download the list of new messages from GMail, but afterwards I was unable to sucessfully connect via POP3 or IMAP from PMail, nor I was able to send any email via SMTP. I've created a new GMail app PWD for PMail, checked that my GMail config is properly configured to get emails from external email programs, but without sucess. My PMail settings are: - POP3: server pop.gmail.com, port: 995, "Via dicrect SSL connect" - SMTP: server smtp.gmail.com, port: 465, "Via direct SSL connect" I've read that Google has started switching to Auth 2., but I've not received any notification from Google. My Android tablet doesn't have problem in accessing my GMail account. Any suggestion? TIA Domenico

It seems it was a problem on the GMail side.
BNow everythings is working normally.
regards
Domenico

It seems it was a problem on the GMail side. BNow everythings is working normally. regards Domenico
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft