Community Discussions and Support
Gmail 2-Step Verification

Google are now forcing 2 Step Verification on a lot of users.
To view your Gmail within Pegasus, you will need to disable 2-Step Verification within Gmail's Security settings.

Once you have disabled 2-Step Verification you will then have the option to allow Less Secure Apps Access within Gmail's Security settings which is a requirement for using Pegasus with Gmail.

Future versions of Pegasus will hopefully fix this issue.
The sooner the better smile

NOTE: If you don't use Pegasus with your Gmail address for a fixed period, you will have to reset the Less Secure Apps Access option in Gmail. I don't know what this period is, but I reckon that it is about one month.

(I'm not sure if any of the above applies to IMAP)

Google are now forcing 2 Step Verification on a lot of users. To view your Gmail within Pegasus, you will need to **disable 2-Step Verification** within Gmail's Security settings. Once you have disabled 2-Step Verification you will then have the option to allow **Less Secure Apps Access** within Gmail's Security settings which is a requirement for using Pegasus with Gmail. Future versions of Pegasus will hopefully fix this issue. The sooner the better |( NOTE: If you don't use Pegasus with your Gmail address for a fixed period, you will have to reset the Less Secure Apps Access option in Gmail. I don't know what this period is, but I reckon that it is about one month. _(I'm not sure if any of the above applies to IMAP)_
edited Nov 13 '21 at 2:49 pm

Alternatively you can have Google create an application password that you then use in Pegasus Mail. This allows you to get the benefit of 2-step verification for web access while allowing a program like Pegasus Mail to bypass it. The app password approach requires that 2-step verification be enabled.

As for where the development of Pegasus Mail is on this read the most recent developer news article here: http://www.pmail.com/devnews.htm

Alternatively you can have Google create an application password that you then use in Pegasus Mail. This allows you to get the benefit of 2-step verification for web access while allowing a program like Pegasus Mail to bypass it. The app password approach requires that 2-step verification be enabled. As for where the development of Pegasus Mail is on this read the most recent developer news article here: http://www.pmail.com/devnews.htm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft