Community Discussions and Support
Mail filtering rules lost

I have extensive mail filtering rules in place to move incoming mail into fifty or so folders depending on the incoming mail address, subject, and the message content.

In the last couple of weeks I've been plagued by spam trying to interest me in property investment.
Not a major problem, the spam filter drops in into the spam folder - but it's been annoying to go through and delete that junk.

I want to set a filter that looks for a common thead and just deletes the message silently. One difficulty is that the spam claims to come from multiple domains . But, the unsubscribe option has a recognisable pattern in it for all of them '/mw/index.php/campaigns'.
But, adding that as a filter does nothing.
Should the pattern be formatted differently?

Next problem, in messing around with that and setting up a POP rule set I seem to have lost all my filtering rules. Rules applied when folder is opened now shows no rules in the list and the navigation bar shows |||||||||||||| when that window is in focus.
I really don't want to have to set all that up again, and have a backup of the Pegasus directory taken yesterday.
Which file or files should I restore to get my filters back?

Thanks Malcolm

I have extensive mail filtering rules in place to move incoming mail into fifty or so folders depending on the incoming mail address, subject, and the message content. In the last couple of weeks I've been plagued by spam trying to interest me in property investment. Not a major problem, the spam filter drops in into the spam folder - but it's been annoying to go through and delete that junk. I want to set a filter that looks for a common thead and just deletes the message silently. One difficulty is that the spam claims to come from multiple domains . But, the unsubscribe option has a recognisable pattern in it for all of them '/mw/index.php/campaigns'. But, adding that as a filter does nothing. Should the pattern be formatted differently? Next problem, in messing around with that and setting up a POP rule set I seem to have lost all my filtering rules. Rules applied when folder is opened now shows no rules in the list and the navigation bar shows |||||||||||||| when that window is in focus. I really don't want to have to set all that up again, and have a backup of the Pegasus directory taken yesterday. Which file or files should I restore to get my filters back? Thanks Malcolm

I want to set a filter that looks for a common thead and just deletes the message silently. One difficulty is that the spam claims to come from multiple domains . But, the unsubscribe option has a recognisable pattern in it for all of them '/mw/index.php/campaigns'.
But, adding that as a filter does nothing.
Should the pattern be formatted differently?

The automatic formatting done by this forum won't allow me to type it exactly as it should look so my description is to use an expression filter, body only, and add an asterisk to each end of the expression.

Which file or files should I restore to get my filters back?

Rules files have the .PMC extension. New mail filtering rules are in a file named WINRULES.PMC. Other rule files are in the form RULE????.PMC.

[quote="pid:53030, uid:5592"]I want to set a filter that looks for a common thead and just deletes the message silently. One difficulty is that the spam claims to come from multiple domains . But, the unsubscribe option has a recognisable pattern in it for all of them '/mw/index.php/campaigns'. But, adding that as a filter does nothing. Should the pattern be formatted differently?[/quote] The automatic formatting done by this forum won't allow me to type it exactly as it should look so my description is to use an expression filter, body only, and add an asterisk to each end of the expression. [quote="pid:53030, uid:5592"]Which file or files should I restore to get my filters back?[/quote] Rules files have the .PMC extension. New mail filtering rules are in a file named WINRULES.PMC. Other rule files are in the form RULE????.PMC.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft