Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus crashes while opening some specific e-mails

Hi Martin,

I just forwarded you two examples.  Fyi, I installed Asian fonts on the Windows 2000 systems.

Thanks

Ron

<P>Hi Martin,</P> <P>I just forwarded you two examples.  Fyi, I installed Asian fonts on the Windows 2000 systems. </P> <P>Thanks</P> <P>Ron</P>

Hi,

I've got some e-mails that crash Pegasus v4.41 when we try to open them. No problem viewing them in preview mode, but when we try to open of print the e-mail, Pegasus crashes with a generic winpm-32.exe application error.

No difference if the e-mail is openend from the new mail folder or from a 'real' folder.

95% sure this does not happen on Win XP machines, only on Windows 2000 PC's.

I'll be happy to forward some examples of these e-mails.

Thanks

Ron 

<P>Hi,</P> <P>I've got some e-mails that crash Pegasus v4.41 when we try to open them. No problem viewing them in preview mode, but when we try to open of print the e-mail, Pegasus crashes with a generic winpm-32.exe application error.</P> <P>No difference if the e-mail is openend from the new mail folder or from a 'real' folder.</P> <P>95% sure this does not happen on Win XP machines, only on Windows 2000 PC's.</P> <P>I'll be happy to forward some examples of these e-mails.</P> <P>Thanks</P> <P>Ron </P>

What version of BearHTML are you running?  You might want to upgrade and try again.

The current version of BearHTML can be obtained via email to Martin Ireland:  
  mailto:martin.ireland@gov.ab.ca?subject=Send_bearhtml
or from his website:
  http://www3.telus.net/public/irelam/

<p>What version of BearHTML are you running?  You might want to upgrade and try again.</p><p> The current version of BearHTML can be obtained via email to Martin Ireland:     mailto:martin.ireland@gov.ab.ca?subject=Send_bearhtml or from his website:   http://www3.telus.net/public/irelam/ </p><p> </p>

Hi Thomas,

I was using BearHTML 3.03.  I thought of BearHTML as well and tried 3.04 and some older versions I kept after upgrading in the past.

I forgot to mention I run Pegasus from one central directory on our Netware server, so all users are running the same copy

Switching between the various BearHTML versions made no difference. And I cannot reproduce the problem on Windows XP PC's. Wouldn't that rule our BearHTML, for everyone is using the same version?

Thanks

Ron

<P>Hi Thomas,</P> <P>I was using BearHTML 3.03.  I thought of BearHTML as well and tried 3.04 and some older versions I kept after upgrading in the past.</P> <P>I forgot to mention I run Pegasus from one central directory on our Netware server, so all users are running the same copy</P> <P>Switching between the various BearHTML versions made no difference. And I cannot reproduce the problem on Windows XP PC's. Wouldn't that rule our BearHTML, for everyone is using the same version?</P> <P>Thanks</P> <P>Ron</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

[quote user="NetwareRulez"]

Hi Thomas,

I was using BearHTML 3.03.  I thought of BearHTML as well and tried 3.04 and some older versions I kept after upgrading in the past.

I forgot to mention I run Pegasus from one central directory on our Netware server, so all users are running the same copy

Switching between the various BearHTML versions made no difference. And I cannot reproduce the problem on Windows XP PC's. Wouldn't that rule our BearHTML, for everyone is using the same version?

Thanks

Ron

[/quote]

Correct.  BTW, you should always  mention that you are in a Netware environment and if you are using NDS or Bindery type connections.  This can be critical to the answer.  This might even be caused by the Novell Netware client you are using on the Win2000 systems.  I no longer have any access to a Win2K system or i would type checking this out for you.

[quote user="NetwareRulez"]<p>Hi Thomas,</p> <p>I was using BearHTML 3.03.  I thought of BearHTML as well and tried 3.04 and some older versions I kept after upgrading in the past.</p> <p>I forgot to mention I run Pegasus from one central directory on our Netware server, so all users are running the same copy</p> <p>Switching between the various BearHTML versions made no difference. And I cannot reproduce the problem on Windows XP PC's. Wouldn't that rule our BearHTML, for everyone is using the same version?</p> <p>Thanks</p> <p>Ron</p> <p mce_keep="true"> </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Correct.  BTW, you should always  mention that you are in a Netware environment and if you are using NDS or Bindery type connections.  This can be critical to the answer.  This might even be caused by the Novell Netware client you are using on the Win2000 systems.  I no longer have any access to a Win2K system or i would type checking this out for you.</p><p> </p>

Hi Thomas, 

FYI, I'm using NDS type connections. The Windows 2000 systems are using the same version of the Netware client as the Win XP systems. We've installed all available Windows 2000 updates.

I've done some more testing. It seems all 'problem' e-mails seem to originate from the Fra East (most of the from Korea).  If I deselect 'Is a valid mime message' and  'contains data in mulipart Mime format' from the e-mail properties, I can open and print the e-mail without Pegasus crashing (but prints and displays 'garbage').

<P>Hi Thomas, </P> <P>FYI, I'm using NDS type connections. The Windows 2000 systems are using the same version of the Netware client as the Win XP systems. We've installed all available Windows 2000 updates.</P> <P>I've done some more testing. It seems all 'problem' e-mails seem to originate from the Fra East (most of the from Korea).  If I deselect 'Is a valid mime message' and  'contains data in mulipart Mime format' from the e-mail properties, I can open and print the e-mail without Pegasus crashing (but prints and displays 'garbage').</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Please send me a sample message, to Irelam@telus.net    I believe this is similar to problems occuring with other users receiving mail from the Far East countries such as Korea. There is a thread in the International form on this but briefly the sender is using the wrong character set. He/she is sending either simple ascii text specifying a Korean character set, or reversly a Korean message with multibyte characters but defining it as ascii.  I presume if you want to see Far East messages, that you have Asian fonts installed.

But only an inspection will determne the cause, and posible solution

Regards,

martin

<p>Please send me a sample message, to Irelam@telus.net    I believe this is similar to problems occuring with other users receiving mail from the Far East countries such as Korea. There is a thread in the International form on this but briefly the sender is using the wrong character set. He/she is sending either simple ascii text specifying a Korean character set, or reversly a Korean message with multibyte characters but defining it as ascii.  I presume if you want to see Far East messages, that you have Asian fonts installed. </p><p>But only an inspection will determne the cause, and posible solution</p><p>Regards,</p><p>    martin   </p><p>  . </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft