Community Discussions and Support
Folders List cannot be reordered; blank folder cannot be deleted.

I have 47 PMail folders and recently found I can't reorder them (right click "Move selected entry" fails). Also have one folder with "data error encountered in folder" upon trying to "reindex folder" and then "recover deleted space". I manually deleted the referenced .pmi file identified by "recover deleted space" and "folder information", but no luck. Any suggestions on deleting the blank folder or moving entries?

I have 47 PMail folders and recently found I can't reorder them (right click "Move selected entry" fails). Also have one folder with "data error encountered in folder" upon trying to "reindex folder" and then "recover deleted space". I manually deleted the referenced .pmi file identified by "recover deleted space" and "folder information", but no luck. Any suggestions on deleting the blank folder or moving entries?

The folder list is always in alphabetical order with the exception of system folders like New mail, Copies to self, and Recent search results. Those stay at the top. If you want some of the folders to always be just below the system folders rename them, prefixing their name with a number or special character. I use names like "1_FavoriteFolder1", "2_FavoriteFolder2".

As for the "Move selected entry" function, it is only useful for moving folders into, out of, and between trays.

As for deleting a problem folder, a folder is made up of a .PMM and .PMI file. Use a files explorer to delete both files. If the folder were to contain messages, the procedure would be to create a new folder, move all of the messages to it, and then delete the file pair. Do the file deletion with Pegasus Mail closed.

The folder list is always in alphabetical order with the exception of system folders like New mail, Copies to self, and Recent search results. Those stay at the top. If you want some of the folders to always be just below the system folders rename them, prefixing their name with a number or special character. I use names like "1_FavoriteFolder1", "2_FavoriteFolder2". As for the "Move selected entry" function, it is only useful for moving folders into, out of, and between trays. As for deleting a problem folder, a folder is made up of a .PMM and .PMI file. Use a files explorer to delete both files. If the folder were to contain messages, the procedure would be to create a new folder, move all of the messages to it, and then delete the file pair. Do the file deletion with Pegasus Mail closed.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft