Community Discussions and Support
Cannot create self signed certificate

I found one other post mentioning this but no solution. It seems the fix is still in the works. Does anyone know of a workaround?

The issue occurs when creating a self signed certificate. While on the dialog box to create the certificate clicking create fails with "The system cannot find the file specified".

Screenshot attached.

61f80e7fe0244

I found one other post mentioning this but no solution. It seems the fix is still in the works. Does anyone know of a workaround? The issue occurs when creating a self signed certificate. While on the dialog box to create the certificate clicking create fails with "The system cannot find the file specified". Screenshot attached. ![61f80e7fe0244](serve/attachment&path=61f80e7fe0244)

V 4.91 is currently being beta tested and should be available soon.

V 4.91 is currently being beta tested and should be available soon.

Same problem here. really need the fix.
Is there a way to try the beta?

Same problem here. really need the fix. Is there a way to try the beta?

Rolf, what are your thoughts about v4.80 instead of v4.90 for those who need a self-signed cert, particularly any issue installing v4.80 if v490 is installed?

Rolf, what are your thoughts about v4.80 instead of v4.90 for those who need a self-signed cert, particularly any issue installing v4.80 if v490 is installed?

Another option that I thought might work... create a certificate on a different installation of Mercury that is working, and try to select or import the cert. Possibly even purchase a cert, if that works. Anyone tried either of those options?

The thing is, without a cert to encrypt the traffic, I am very hesitant to open the firewall ports so people with cellphones can pick up their email. It's causing a real problem. I don't understand this one, I know it has worked on other Mercury installs.

Another option that I thought might work... create a certificate on a different installation of Mercury that is working, and try to select or import the cert. Possibly even purchase a cert, if that works. Anyone tried either of those options? The thing is, without a cert to encrypt the traffic, I am very hesitant to open the firewall ports so people with cellphones can pick up their email. It's causing a real problem. I don't understand this one, I know it has worked on other Mercury installs.
edited Aug 20 '22 at 2:00 am
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft