Community Discussions and Support
IERenderer Version 2.6.5.7

02.02.2022 03:00 (CET): Version 2.6.5.7

• This version fixes an issue with images not displaying due to a mixture of conditional VML and background images being provided by MSO sources.
  • Additonally it fixes a couple of minor issues partly applying to processing of pasted formatted content.

BTW: I held back the announcement to evaluate whether IER's new notification mechanism would get anyone to download the update without it - successfully as can be told from another thread :-)!

**02.02.2022 03:00 (CET): [Version 2.6.5.7](https://www.pmpgp.de/renderer/IERenderer.zip) ** - This version fixes an issue with images not displaying due to a mixture of conditional VML and background images being provided by MSO sources. - Additonally it fixes a couple of minor issues partly applying to processing of pasted formatted content. BTW: I held back the announcement to evaluate whether IER's new notification mechanism would get anyone to download the update without it - successfully as can be told from another thread :-)!
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
edited Feb 3 '22 at 12:10 am

I have some doubts on the function of the redirection option in new version of IER.

Most of my mail now not show anymore a redirection warning.
On some mails like from amazon I got before always a message about redirection images, but with new version not anymore, images will be shown directly. Not sure if this is wanted?

And in one mail from O2 when I press "yes" on show redirect images, then I get the same error 12017 as when I press "no". So the images where not shows correctly.

P.S. I have made now a test with version 2655 from archive and with this version I do get again a redirection warning with amazon mails and also the mail from O2 show now correctly the images when press yes. ^^

version 2656 will show still a warning in amazon mails but when press yes the it leads to error on images and not showing images, same like press "no". The same on O2 mail.

I have some doubts on the function of the redirection option in new version of IER. Most of my mail now not show anymore a redirection warning. On some mails like from amazon I got before always a message about redirection images, but with new version not anymore, images will be shown directly. Not sure if this is wanted? And in one mail from O2 when I press "yes" on show redirect images, then I get the same error 12017 as when I press "no". So the images where not shows correctly. P.S. I have made now a test with version 2655 from archive and with this version I do get again a redirection warning with amazon mails and also the mail from O2 show now correctly the images when press yes. ^^ version 2656 will show still a warning in amazon mails but when press yes the it leads to error on images and not showing images, same like press "no". The same on O2 mail.

Pegasus v4.81 Beta

edited Feb 12 '22 at 6:40 am

I have some doubts on the function of the redirection option in new version of IER.

First of all: Don't switch IER versions because if things have changed it was on purpose, i.e. comparing older with newer versions doesn't make any sense. Using an older one is only really required as an emergency solution in case of anything really important goes wrong.
Secondly: If you change nevertheless you need to wipe the cache before doing any tests since - I assume you know what caches are for - you might get cached results instead of new ones.

Most of my mail now not show anymore a redirection warning.

This might have the following reasons: Since people were getting annoyed by too many of these messages IER now provides a block list allowing permanent or temporary exceptions based on the sender domain instead of image domains, i.e. if you already allowed image downloads previously either permanently or during a Pegasus Mail session you won't get asked again. This might also cover image domains you wouldn't expect which would then also appear or be blocked in other messages, recurring sample (sorry for the ads but I'm sure everyone knows them anyway, it's just a screenshot):
6207f15caecf0

And in one mail from O2 when I press "yes" on show redirect images, then I get the same error 12017 as when I press "no". So the images where not shows correctly.

Wipe the image cache before trying again!

And, BTW, Brian Fluet just notified me about the message dialog for blocking downloads: Unfortunatly it's currently misleading because it doesn't mention the blocking redirection by sender instead of by domain which I'm going to fix now. But: Technically I'm blocking download domains, of course, just if you happen to take a look at you BlockList.ini file, but it may affect several ones for a single email address.

[quote="pid:53372, uid:29380"]I have some doubts on the function of the redirection option in new version of IER.[/quote] First of all: Don't switch IER versions because _if_ things have changed it was on purpose, i.e. comparing older with newer versions doesn't make any sense. Using an older one is only really required as an emergency solution in case of anything really important goes wrong. Secondly: _If you change nevertheless_ you need to wipe the cache before doing any tests since - I assume you know what caches are for - you might get cached results instead of new ones. [quote="pid:53372, uid:29380"]Most of my mail now not show anymore a redirection warning.[/quote] This might have the following reasons: Since people were getting annoyed by too many of these messages IER now provides a block list allowing permanent or temporary exceptions based on the _sender_ domain instead of image domains, i.e. if you already allowed image downloads previously either permanently or during a Pegasus Mail session you won't get asked again. This might also cover image domains you wouldn't expect which would then also appear or be blocked in other messages, recurring sample (sorry for the ads but I'm sure everyone knows them anyway, it's just a screenshot): ![6207f15caecf0](serve/attachment&path=6207f15caecf0) [quote="pid:53372, uid:29380"]And in one mail from O2 when I press "yes" on show redirect images, then I get the same error 12017 as when I press "no". So the images where not shows correctly.[/quote] Wipe the image cache before trying again! And, BTW, Brian Fluet just notified me about the message dialog for blocking downloads: Unfortunatly it's currently misleading because it doesn't mention the blocking redirection _by sender_ instead of by domain which I'm going to fix now. But: Technically I'm blocking download domains, of course, just if you happen to take a look at you BlockList.ini file, but it may affect several ones for a single email address.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
edited Feb 12 '22 at 6:05 pm

Just for info for my test the cache was wiped and I had no entries in the blocklist.

But after some tests I still get no redirection dialog anymore for amazon order mails.

And for the O2 Billing mail I see instead of the images only 620811eba0fc2

There must be a change from version 2655 to 2656 and 2657 which causing this errors.

If you want I can send you some examples by mail but I do not want to post them public in forum.

Just for info for my test the cache was wiped and I had no entries in the blocklist. But after some tests I still get no redirection dialog anymore for amazon order mails. And for the O2 Billing mail I see instead of the images only ![620811eba0fc2](serve/attachment&path=620811eba0fc2) There must be a change from version 2655 to 2656 and 2657 which causing this errors. If you want I can send you some examples by mail but I do not want to post them public in forum.

Pegasus v4.81 Beta

edited Feb 12 '22 at 8:20 pm

Did you clear the image cache using a file explorer or did you confirm the image cache had been cleared after using the "Wipe image cache" option?

That option is not working for me.

Did you clear the image cache using a file explorer or did you confirm the image cache had been cleared after using the "Wipe image cache" option? That option is not working for me.

I tested as well and wiping works for me on both Win7 and Win10. Next thing is: I checked my code and can only say that there's nothing since version 2.6.5.5 which would have the effects described here, I didn't touch the code dealing with redirection handling and caching since new year's eve at least - unless there's some weird side effect of something I did elsewhere. All my tests are running the same way they did before. So I guess I need these ttest mails, yes, please zip them up and forward them to <beta-reports [@] pmail.gen.nz>.

I tested as well and wiping works for me on both Win7 and Win10. Next thing is: I checked my code and can only say that there&#039;s nothing since version 2.6.5.5 which would have the effects described here, I didn&#039;t touch the code dealing with redirection handling and caching since new year&#039;s eve at least - unless there&#039;s some weird side effect of something I did elsewhere. All my tests are running the same way they did before. So I guess I need these ttest mails, yes, please zip them up and forward them to &lt;beta-reports [@] pmail.gen.nz&gt;.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

OK, there is something wrong - and I would like to continue this thread combined with the other one at https://community.pmail.com/index.php?u=/category/pegasus-mail-community-support, please!

OK, there _is_ something wrong - and I would like to continue this thread combined with the other one at https://community.pmail.com/index.php?u=/category/pegasus-mail-community-support, please!
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

please zip them up and forward them to <beta-reports [@] pmail.gen.nz>.

Done, you should have the html part of the mails in your postbox. Or do you need the whole mail with header etc.?
And for Info, I use Win10 Pro - 21H2

[quote=&quot;pid:53384, uid:2133&quot;]please zip them up and forward them to &lt;beta-reports [@] pmail.gen.nz&gt;.[/quote] Done, you should have the html part of the mails in your postbox. Or do you need the whole mail with header etc.? And for Info, I use Win10 Pro - 21H2

Pegasus v4.81 Beta

edited Feb 13 '22 at 7:54 am

Done, you should have the html part of the mails in your postbox. Or do you need the whole mail with header etc.?

I might not need them anymore at all, see the other thread, but I'll get back to you if I do, thanks.

[quote=&quot;pid:53390, uid:29380&quot;]Done, you should have the html part of the mails in your postbox. Or do you need the whole mail with header etc.?[/quote] I might not need them anymore at all, see the other thread, but I&#039;ll get back to you if I do, thanks.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Hi, with version 2.6.5.8 now the loading of redirected images on my amazon and O2 seems to be correct again.

But there is a display bug.
You seems to forgot to make a screen refresh after loading the images with IER.
After loading manually images in a mail, IER download them correctly but not show them inside the mail. I have then to open another mail and go back to the first mail to see the images.
This behaviour is appears in preview screen and also when open the mail.

Hi, with version 2.6.5.8 now the loading of redirected images on my amazon and O2 seems to be correct again. But there is a display bug. You seems to forgot to make a screen refresh after loading the images with IER. After loading manually images in a mail, IER download them correctly but not show them inside the mail. I have then to open another mail and go back to the first mail to see the images. This behaviour is appears in preview screen and also when open the mail.

Pegasus v4.81 Beta

You seems to forgot to make a screen refresh after loading the images with IER.

It's a caching issue and shouldn't happen anymore after fixing this issue. Wiping the cache once before starting new downloads should avoid it from happening any further, it's not just a screen refresh issue.

Damn'it, you're right, that's a weird thing, no idea where this comes from ...

[quote=&quot;pid:53403, uid:29380&quot;]You seems to forgot to make a screen refresh after loading the images with IER.[/quote] It&#039;s a caching issue and shouldn&#039;t happen anymore after fixing this issue. Wiping the cache once before starting new downloads should avoid it from happening any further, it&#039;s not just a screen refresh issue. Damn&#039;it, you&#039;re right, that&#039;s a weird thing, no idea where this comes from ...
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
edited Feb 14 '22 at 5:47 am

Damn'it, you're right, that's a weird thing, no idea where this comes from ...

Fixed, I'm about to upload the fixed version ...

[quote=&quot;pid:53405, uid:2133&quot;]Damn&#039;it, you&#039;re right, that&#039;s a weird thing, no idea where this comes from ...[/quote] Fixed, I&#039;m about to upload the fixed version ...
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft