Community Discussions and Support
Script for multi mails

Does anyone have a solution for this?
I would like to send a small number of mails to several different people.
From a list (a file) I must send eg. 25 Invitations.
Instead of sending almost the same mail 25 times to different people, I could imagine that in a file is basic info, and then Pegasus mail it to the 25 automatically.
The file contains "Name", "Mail Address" "Subject Text", "1. Line text", "Text" and which files to attach, which are also listed in the script file. It is the same files for all mails. For example.:
The script must then send a mail so that the following stands in the mail
To: Prince Andrew Prince@somewhere.com
Subject: Invitation to my Birthday

1.Line in Mail: Dear Prince Andrew and Family
You are hereby invited ..... and Several Lines Follows.

• Attachement.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I would like to send a small number of mails to several different people. From a list (a file) I must send eg. 25 Invitations. Instead of sending almost the same mail 25 times to different people, I could imagine that in a file is basic info, and then Pegasus mail it to the 25 automatically. The file contains "Name", "Mail Address" "Subject Text", "1. Line text", "Text" and which files to attach, which are also listed in the script file. It is the same files for all mails. For example.: The script must then send a mail so that the following stands in the mail To: Prince Andrew <Prince@somewhere.com> Subject: Invitation to my Birthday 1.Line in Mail: Dear Prince Andrew and Family You are hereby invited ..... and Several Lines Follows. + Attachement.

Look into the mail merge capability of Pegasus Mail. Details are in the manual and help file. I don't know if it is worth it for 25 messages but it may be the way to go if you are a data geek.

I don't know of any other way to automate changing the recipient name in the body of the message.

Look into the mail merge capability of Pegasus Mail. Details are in the manual and help file. I don't know if it is worth it for 25 messages but it may be the way to go if you are a data geek. I don't know of any other way to automate changing the recipient name in the body of the message.

Thank you very much for the proposal for this solution that I did not know.
Now it was only a suggestion with the 25 emails, but I can use it in several other contexts.
Therefore, I immediately started trying it out, and it seems very easy to work with.
I export from an Excel to CSV, and the text has several paragraphs, so I have to create a new ~ k ~ for each paragraph. But that's not a problem.

Only problem is that the export of the text is longer than one line, so I have to manually edit all the exported lines to one line, otherwise it will not work in Pegasus.
Maybe someone knows how to get Excel to export everything in one line?

Thank you very much for the proposal for this solution that I did not know. Now it was only a suggestion with the 25 emails, but I can use it in several other contexts. Therefore, I immediately started trying it out, and it seems very easy to work with. I export from an Excel to CSV, and the text has several paragraphs, so I have to create a new ~ k ~ for each paragraph. But that's not a problem. Only problem is that the export of the text is longer than one line, so I have to manually edit all the exported lines to one line, otherwise it will not work in Pegasus. Maybe someone knows how to get Excel to export everything in one line?
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft