Community Discussions and Support
windows 10 version 4.73. Main screen window partitioning problem

In the main screen area with preview mode operating there are three panes, mailbox tree on the upper left; messages list on the upper right; preview of message lower right. Window sizing seems to be problematic, the area devoted to message list can be sized but the new size is never remembered and upon relaunching Pegasus it defaults back to an oversize pane that can be temporarily resized but which does not persist when the system is closed and then reopened. Resizing the pane everytime is a pain, is this a bug? Can it be fixed? Is there a workaround?

Ted in NY

In the main screen area with preview mode operating there are three panes, mailbox tree on the upper left; messages list on the upper right; preview of message lower right. Window sizing seems to be problematic, the area devoted to message list can be sized but the new size is never remembered and upon relaunching Pegasus it defaults back to an oversize pane that can be temporarily resized but which does not persist when the system is closed and then reopened. Resizing the pane everytime is a pain, is this a bug? Can it be fixed? Is there a workaround? Ted in NY

when the system is closed

What exactly does that mean? Do you shutdown Windows (and this means real shutdown, no stand-by, hibernate, switch user or the like) without closing Pegasus Mail first or do you just close Pegasus Mail? If shutting Windows down with Pegasus Mail running it may not have been able to write all its configuration data to file before the system shuts down.

[quote="pid:53321, uid:5838"]when the system is closed[/quote] What exactly does that mean? Do you shutdown Windows (and this means _real_ shutdown, no stand-by, hibernate, switch user or the like) without closing Pegasus Mail first or do you just close Pegasus Mail? If shutting Windows down with Pegasus Mail running it may not have been able to write all its configuration data to file before the system shuts down.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
edited Feb 6 '22 at 10:42 pm

Also, is the main Pegasus Mail window maximized? If so, try un-maximizing the main window, stretching it to full screen, resizing the panes, and then restarting Pegasus Mail. We know that window sizes and positions are not saved when running in List mode with the main window maximized. Perhaps this is true in Preview mode as well.

Also, is the main Pegasus Mail window maximized? If so, try un-maximizing the main window, stretching it to full screen, resizing the panes, and then restarting Pegasus Mail. We know that window sizes and positions are not saved when running in List mode with the main window maximized. Perhaps this is true in Preview mode as well.

Thank you gentlemen. 'system is closed' means closure of Pegasus only.
I have tried, many times, resizing panes, closing and reopening Pegasus however the new pane size is not remembered, it seems to have lost its 'stickiness'. This is likely to be something very simple that can be reset in a flash, but I'm stumped.

Thank you gentlemen. 'system is closed' means closure of Pegasus only. I have tried, many times, resizing panes, closing and reopening Pegasus however the new pane size is not remembered, it seems to have lost its 'stickiness'. This is likely to be something very simple that can be reset in a flash, but I'm stumped.

Do you have "Tools => Options => Basic settings => Save the Pegasus Mail desktop state between sessions" enabled?

Do you have "Tools => Options => Basic settings => Save the Pegasus Mail desktop state between sessions" enabled?
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
edited Feb 7 '22 at 3:27 am

I'm prefering working in list mode. But just tried, in preview mode Pmail is saving the windows settings on shutdown. No problem. Check for Michael's hint, whether the option "desktop settings always to be saved" is activated.

I'm prefering working in list mode. But just tried, in preview mode Pmail is saving the windows settings on shutdown. No problem. Check for Michael's hint, whether the option "desktop settings always to be saved" is activated.

Thank you, the save on exit setting option is important isn't it! When I went there to check it was already activated, however, Pegasus is now saving the pane layout upon exit as I wish so the issue is solved. thanks again.

Thank you, the save on exit setting option is important isn't it! When I went there to check it was already activated, however, Pegasus is now saving the pane layout upon exit as I wish so the issue is solved. thanks again.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft