Community Discussions and Support
Graphics Don't Show, Are Marked as "Moved Permanently (301)

Using Pegasus v4.73 and I've right clicked on an email > Add sender's address to > Add remote graphics list and now I keep getting the 301 message. (above)

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

PS: So happy to see that we have a community forum again!!!!!!!

Using Pegasus v4.73 and I've right clicked on an email > Add sender's address to > Add remote graphics list and now I keep getting the 301 message. (above) Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks PS: So happy to see that we have a community forum again!!!!!!!

Using Pegasus v4.73 and I've right clicked on an email > Add sender's address to > Add remote graphics list and now I keep getting the 301 message. (above)

Get the latest IER version and try again, it should show you a dialog offering some options you may select from. See my signature below for the URL.

[quote="pid:53371, uid:4544"]Using Pegasus v4.73 and I've right clicked on an email > Add sender's address to > Add remote graphics list and now I keep getting the 301 message. (above)[/quote] Get the latest IER version and try again, it should show you a dialog offering some options you may select from. See my signature below for the URL.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

OK, I've installed the latest IER version. Now when I try to view the remote graphics, each shows a gray square with a little red "?" in the upper left.

(Interesting....One of my accounts that was displaying graphics in these identical emails properly, now shows these gray squares with a little red "?" in the upper left instead of the graphics!!??)

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!!!!!

OK, I've installed the latest IER version. Now when I try to view the remote graphics, each shows a gray square with a little red "?" in the upper left. (Interesting....One of my accounts that was displaying graphics in these identical emails properly, now shows these gray squares with a little red "?" in the upper left instead of the graphics!!??) Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!!!!!

Wipe the image cache and reload the images.

Wipe the image cache and reload the images.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

OK, so I use Ctrl-Shift-Y and it says Image Cache Successfully Wiped!

Then I use Ctrl-Shift-U and it says Loading Images has been cancelled and then the gray box with the red "?" shows wherever a graphic should appear.

I should point out that this problem seems to only involve emails that I personally send out to my distribution list using Constant Contact and send to myself to double check them. (Maybe I have to contact Constant Contact?)

OK, so I use Ctrl-Shift-Y and it says Image Cache Successfully Wiped! Then I use Ctrl-Shift-U and it says Loading Images has been cancelled and then the gray box with the red "?" shows wherever a graphic should appear. I should point out that this problem seems to only involve emails that I personally send out to my distribution list using Constant Contact and send to myself to double check them. (Maybe I have to contact Constant Contact?)

The "Wipe image cache" option (Ctrl+Shift+Y) is not working for me. I see the "Image cache successfully wiped" verbiage but the image cache remains intact.

philherz, use a file explorer to delete the contents of the image cache directory for now.

The "Wipe image cache" option (Ctrl+Shift+Y) is not working for me. I see the "Image cache successfully wiped" verbiage but the image cache remains intact. philherz, use a file explorer to delete the contents of the image cache directory for now.

Well, just did a couple of more tests myself, it's really difficult to keep things sorted meanwhile: Due to the fact that IER now both stores and caches the blocking options it's really necessary to clean up all places if you want to start from scratch, the best way to do so would be closing alle HTML messages after wiping the cache (you can't wipe without one open), and then restart Pegasus Mail even after removing all entries from BlockList.ini (if wanting to test features with messages you know will redirect). After doing so I can at least reconfirm that everything works here as expected including wiping the cache (both on Win7 and Win10).

Well, just did a couple of more tests myself, it's really difficult to keep things sorted meanwhile: Due to the fact that IER now both stores _and_ caches the blocking options it's really necessary to clean up all places if you want to start from scratch, the best way to do so would be closing alle HTML messages after wiping the cache (you can't wipe without one open), and then restart Pegasus Mail even after removing all entries from BlockList.ini (if wanting to test features with messages you know will redirect). After doing so I can at least reconfirm that everything works here as expected including wiping the cache (both on Win7 and Win10).
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

OK, I have 4 Pegasus users on my computer and I close all 4.

I open one and then open an email and wipe the graphics. (Ctrl-Shift-Y)

I close Pegasus and then delete Blocklist.ini

I reopen Pegasus and I keep getting the gray square with the red "?"

Maybe I'm doing something wrong????

Thanks for patiently trying to help!

PS: I'm using Windows 10

PPS: When I open Blocklist.ini in Notepad, it shows:

; pmail.com=0
; pmpgp.de=1

OK, I have 4 Pegasus users on my computer and I close all 4. I open one and then open an email and wipe the graphics. (Ctrl-Shift-Y) I close Pegasus and then delete Blocklist.ini I reopen Pegasus and I keep getting the gray square with the red "?" Maybe I'm doing something wrong???? Thanks for patiently trying to help! PS: I'm using Windows 10 PPS: When I open Blocklist.ini in Notepad, it shows: ; pmail.com=0 ; pmpgp.de=1

Brian Fluet - I'd be happy to use a file explorer to delete the contents of the image cache directory if I knew where to find that file or files

Brian Fluet - I'd be happy to use a file explorer to delete the contents of the image cache directory if I knew where to find that file or files

There's a help file and the configuration dialog, both accessible via the IER button. The easiest way is to get into the configuration dialog and open the Cache-Path item's context help for details (the same text as in the help file). Aside from this it already shows half of the path (please read what else). Down at the bottom you can open help on help for reading about accessing context help etc. pp. ...

But there's no need to do any further research on your side, I've meanwhile figured out something which probably helps me in finding the solution. I'v also redirected the other thread to this one here since it's the more proper topic and the shorter one ;-)

And one more: Please don't work on the BlockList file in the IERenderer subdirectory, your personal one is to be located in your NewMail directory, and lines starting with a semicolon are disabled anyway (= samples/comments).

[quote="pid:53386, uid:4544"]Brian Fluet - I'd be happy to use a file explorer to delete the contents of the image cache directory if I knew where to find that file or files[/quote]There's a help file and the configuration dialog, both accessible via the IER button. The easiest way is to get into the configuration dialog and open the Cache-Path item's context help for details (the same text as in the help file). Aside from this it already shows half of the path (please read what else). Down at the bottom you can open help on help for reading about accessing context help etc. pp. ... But there's no need to do any further research on your side, I've meanwhile figured out something which probably helps me in finding the solution. I'v also redirected the other thread to this one here since it's the more proper topic and the shorter one ;-) And one more: Please don't work on the BlockList file in the IERenderer subdirectory, your personal one is to be located in your NewMail directory, and lines starting with a semicolon are disabled anyway (= samples/comments).
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
edited Feb 13 '22 at 2:56 am

I think I finally figured out this issue and what went wrong exactly on Jan 10th. causing these weird results you've reported. I also adjusted the confirmation dialog to ask the proper question now (for sender instead of image domain confirmation) and I extended the wipe cache processing to include a reset of the redirection blocking cache so it ensures that reloading images will exactly start from scratch if you don't have any BlockList file entries at all - this will avoid a restart in these cases and for testing. Brian's wipe cache issue remains a mystery to me, though ...
I'm not sure how to deal with these changes quite yet since we're very close to the release of PM's v4.8 now and I really don't want to cause another last minute delay so I'm considering a "beta" release (i.e. without using the new update notification by using a different download location) unless the release still takes another couple of days ...

I think I finally figured out this issue and what went wrong exactly on Jan 10th. causing these weird results you've reported. I also adjusted the confirmation dialog to ask the proper question now (for sender instead of image domain confirmation) and I extended the _wipe cache_ processing to include a reset of the redirection blocking cache so it ensures that reloading images will exactly start from scratch if you don't have any BlockList file entries at all - this will avoid a restart in these cases and for testing. Brian's _wipe cache_ issue remains a mystery to me, though ... I'm not sure how to deal with these changes quite yet since we're very close to the release of PM's v4.8 now and I really don't want to cause another last minute delay so I'm considering a "beta" release (i.e. without using the new update notification by using a different download location) unless the release still takes another couple of days ...
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

I've now decided to ask David Harris for another timeout in releasing Pegasus Mail 4.8 since I just think there would be too many users running into issues like you without knowing how to deal with this and honestly speaking: there is no real work-around. It just doesn't make sense to get out Pegasus Mail with such an annoying issue for lots of people, I personally wouldn't mind since I'm subscribed to only about five newsletters with image downloads enabled, and as soon as I'd run into troubles I would simply disable image downloads, but too many users appear to care. So expect to see an update later today.

I've now decided to ask David Harris for another timeout in releasing Pegasus Mail 4.8 since I just think there would be too many users running into issues like you without knowing how to deal with this and honestly speaking: there is no real work-around. It just doesn't make sense to get out Pegasus Mail with such an annoying issue for lots of people, I personally wouldn't mind since I'm subscribed to only about five newsletters with image downloads enabled, and as soon as I'd run into troubles I would simply disable image downloads, but too many users appear to care. So expect to see an update later today.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

So if I understand this correctly, you may have solved this but that is on hold awaiting the release of v4.8?

(I've just discovered that I can right click these emails and choose to open them in a browser which isn't perfect, but solves my problem for now.)

As an aside, my account works fine with gmail, but gmail has blocked Pegasus from downloading messages in my wife's account for many months. Is it possible that v4.8 might fix this or should I post the specifics of her problem in this forum?

(With the forum down back then, I couldn't solve her problem and she's done gmail online since this problem started.)

So if I understand this correctly, you may have solved this but that is on hold awaiting the release of v4.8? (I've just discovered that I can right click these emails and choose to open them in a browser which isn't perfect, but solves my problem for now.) As an aside, my account works fine with gmail, but gmail has blocked Pegasus from downloading messages in my wife's account for many months. Is it possible that v4.8 might fix this or should I post the specifics of her problem in this forum? (With the forum down back then, I couldn't solve her problem and she's done gmail online since this problem started.)

Just saw your second post after I'd typed mine. (above)

I'll be watching for an update to try!!!

Just saw your second post after I'd typed mine. (above) I'll be watching for an update to try!!!

As an aside, my account works fine with gmail, but gmail has blocked Pegasus from downloading messages in my wife's account for many months. Is it possible that v4.8 might fix this or should I post the specifics of her problem in this forum?

I think this is fixable. Please start a new discussion about it.

[quote="pid:53394, uid:4544"]As an aside, my account works fine with gmail, but gmail has blocked Pegasus from downloading messages in my wife's account for many months. Is it possible that v4.8 might fix this or should I post the specifics of her problem in this forum?[/quote] I think this is fixable. Please start a new discussion about it.

Brian's wipe cache issue remains a mystery to me, though ...

Michael, I have tried your suggestion and everything I can think of. I wonder if forum member PM-1 has the same problem considering a post by him in the other forum indicated that he sees 'gray box/red question mark' images after using the wipe image cache function.

We can chase this off-forum if you think it worthwhile.

[quote="pid:53389, uid:2133"]Brian's wipe cache issue remains a mystery to me, though ...[/quote] Michael, I have tried your suggestion and everything I can think of. I wonder if forum member PM-1 has the same problem considering a post by him in the other forum indicated that he sees 'gray box/red question mark' images after using the wipe image cache function. We can chase this off-forum if you think it worthwhile.

No rush, but I was wondering if there's any progress on this?

No rush, but I was wondering if there's any progress on this?

Thanks!!! I've been watching for the next version about once per week, so I appreciate this suggestion.

Thanks!!! I've been watching for the next version about once per week, so I appreciate this suggestion.

Upgraded to Pegasus v4.80 and I've right clicked on an email > Add sender's address to > Add remote graphics list and I keep getting those little gray boxes with the red "?"

Do I still have to install the latest IER version?

Upgraded to Pegasus v4.80 and I've right clicked on an email > Add sender's address to > Add remote graphics list and I keep getting those little gray boxes with the red "?" Do I still have to install the latest IER version?
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft