Community Discussions and Support
find multiple phrases

i am trying to search webmail with multiple phrases. i tried quotation marks separated by a comma.

i tried content control.

i want to search about 10 phrases and all go into 1 folder for further processing. i can do it by searching 1 phrase at a time but tedious.
heres a proposed list:
couldn't be found
does not exist
Host or domain name not found
Invalid Recipient
mailbox is full
mailbox full
Not our Customer
permanent failure
Recipient address rejected
recipient rejected
wasn't found
User unknown

whats the secret?

i am trying to search webmail with multiple phrases. i tried quotation marks separated by a comma. i tried content control. i want to search about 10 phrases and all go into 1 folder for further processing. i can do it by searching 1 phrase at a time but tedious. heres a proposed list: couldn't be found does not exist Host or domain name not found Invalid Recipient mailbox is full mailbox full Not our Customer permanent failure Recipient address rejected recipient rejected wasn't found User unknown whats the secret?

I don't believe this kind of search is possible from within Pegasus Mail although I admit that my knowledge of searches using the regular expression syntax is minimal. Besides, search results folders are link folders; they only contain links to the actual messages. The only additional processing that would be feasible in a search folder is deletes and that would require the option be enabled that deletes the original message when the link one is deleted. It is located in Tools>Options>Incoming mail>Folder behaviours.

Filter rules might do what you want. We would need to know the number of folders you need to search and what the ultimate goals of the additional processing are in order to offer advice on whether they are practical.

I don't believe this kind of search is possible from within Pegasus Mail although I admit that my knowledge of searches using the regular expression syntax is minimal. Besides, search results folders are link folders; they only contain links to the actual messages. The only additional processing that would be feasible in a search folder is deletes and that would require the option be enabled that deletes the original message when the link one is deleted. It is located in Tools>Options>Incoming mail>Folder behaviours. Filter rules might do what you want. We would need to know the number of folders you need to search and what the ultimate goals of the additional processing are in order to offer advice on whether they are practical.

i tried filters but was unable to use multiple phrases. i tried quotes, commas to no avail. no synstax guidance.

also tried the HAS search but wont work with multiple phrases

i only search new mail.

i will extract results to 1 data file and process outside pegasus. i can do 1 phrase at a time thru find but quite tedious

i tried filters but was unable to use multiple phrases. i tried quotes, commas to no avail. no synstax guidance. also tried the HAS search but wont work with multiple phrases i only search new mail. i will extract results to 1 data file and process outside pegasus. i can do 1 phrase at a time thru find but quite tedious

A filter rule set would require one rule per search parameter. The parameters in your proposed list look like they would be in the body of messages so you would use expression filters. So, a new mail filter rule would act on messages as they arrive (also on unread messages whenever the new mail folder is opened) and would contain rules that look something like this.

If expression body matches couldn't be found move to <folder name>
If expression body matches does not exist move to <folder name>
If expression body matches Host or domain name not found move to <folder name>

You say that you want to extract the results to a data file to process outside of Pegasus Mail. There isn't an action that will produce data. There is a recent discussion on the PM-Win listserv list about trying to extract content for use as data that is over my head but the gist is to use tools to extract data from a Pegasus Mail folder file.

Getting back to the rule set, if you want to run it on demand then you would create a general rule set instead of a new mail filter set. That general rules set could then be attached to the new mail folder as a folder-open or folder-close filter set.

A filter rule set would require one rule per search parameter. The parameters in your proposed list look like they would be in the body of messages so you would use expression filters. So, a new mail filter rule would act on messages as they arrive (also on unread messages whenever the new mail folder is opened) and would contain rules that look something like this. If expression body matches *couldn&#039;t be found* move to &lt;folder name&gt; If expression body matches *does not exist* move to &lt;folder name&gt; If expression body matches *Host or domain name not found* move to &lt;folder name&gt; . . . You say that you want to extract the results to a data file to process outside of Pegasus Mail. There isn&#039;t an action that will produce data. There is a recent discussion on the PM-Win listserv list about trying to extract content for use as data that is over my head but the gist is to use tools to extract data from a Pegasus Mail folder file. Getting back to the rule set, if you want to run it on demand then you would create a general rule set instead of a new mail filter set. That general rules set could then be attached to the new mail folder as a folder-open or folder-close filter set.

found a solution for MY needs. i use searchmyfiles from nirsoft (free version). it allows multiple search phrases, comma separated. i then copy & paste to explorer window, where i can process the search results.

found a solution for MY needs. i use searchmyfiles from nirsoft (free version). it allows multiple search phrases, comma separated. i then copy &amp; paste to explorer window, where i can process the search results.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft