Community Discussions and Support
IERenderer Version 2.6.5.8
  • This version mainly fixes an issue with image download redirection causing download failures even if opting otherwise per confirmation dialog.
  • It also corrects the wording in the respective dialog for asking whether to download images by sender instead of download domain to avoid multiple prompts for a single message. This may include selected up to all download domains depending on which ones are redirected and at what position in a certain message.
  • Wiping the image file cache will now also reset the redirection block list to the entries from the BlockList.ini file stored in the current Pegasus Mail user's New mailbox location (see Help => About Pegasus Mail => Info for the file path). The temporary block list maintained per session will be flushed.
  • IER's Cache-path selection dialog has been enhanced to allow creation and editing of new paths by users.
  • Another image URL verification issue causing a "SafeCallException" has been fixed.

I'm just appending another note here about the results of redirection blocking: You will certainly every now and then be wondering about the somewhat erratic download results you're going to see, but since there's no way to tell in advance which downloads will be redirected unless doing pretty time consuming pre-scans of all image URLs in a message you may see messages showing up with all sorts of mixed download results. I'm further open to suggestions if anyone has a brilliant idea about what else to do about this.

Please put this version through your tests so we quickly know whether there's still a need for any urgent pre-release fixes before getting out Pegasus Mail v4.8.

- This version mainly fixes an issue with image download redirection causing download failures even if opting otherwise per confirmation dialog. - It also corrects the wording in the respective dialog for asking whether to download images _by sender_ instead of download domain to avoid multiple prompts for a single message. This may include _selected up to all_ download domains depending on which ones are redirected and at what position in a certain message. - Wiping the image file cache will now also reset the redirection block list to the entries from the _BlockList.ini_ file stored in the current Pegasus Mail user's _New mailbox location_ (see _Help => About Pegasus Mail => Info_ for the file path). The temporary block list maintained per session will be flushed. - IER's _Cache-path_ selection dialog has been enhanced to allow creation and editing of new paths by users. - Another image URL verification issue causing a "SafeCallException" has been fixed. I'm just appending another note here about the results of redirection blocking: You will certainly every now and then be wondering about the somewhat erratic download results you're going to see, but since there's no way to tell in advance which downloads will be redirected unless doing pretty time consuming pre-scans of all image URLs in a message you may see messages showing up with all sorts of mixed download results. I'm further open to suggestions if anyone has a brilliant idea about what else to do about this. Please put this version through your tests so we quickly know whether there's still a need for any urgent pre-release fixes before getting out Pegasus Mail v4.8.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Ok, there appears to be a new issue, but I need to go to bed now, more later, sorry ...

Ok, there appears to be a new issue, but I need to go to bed now, more later, sorry ...
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Found and fixed it, will upload it ASAP.

Ok, there appears to be a new issue, but I need to go to bed now, more later, sorry ... [quote="pid:53406, uid:2133"]Ok, there appears to be a new issue, but I need to go to bed now, more later, sorry ...[/quote] Found and fixed it, will upload it ASAP.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

With new version it is ok again, images will be shown directly after loading. thx

I have just one funny thing with my amazon mails. The buggy version this .5.8 showed me this morning that amazon redirect images and I have to agree.
The version .5.9 now directly load this images, no dialog for redirection.
On other mails redirection dialog will be shown normal.

So not sure if this is a bug or just normal.
Could be that it was no real redirection and now it is correct? Or redirection will not be recognized anymore. You have my mail there is one html sample of this amazon mails inside.

And not that I have before some problems on that but for info the wipe cache function works correctly, all data will be deleted.

With new version it is ok again, images will be shown directly after loading. thx I have just one funny thing with my amazon mails. The buggy version this .5.8 showed me this morning that amazon redirect images and I have to agree. The version .5.9 now directly load this images, no dialog for redirection. On other mails redirection dialog will be shown normal. So not sure if this is a bug or just normal. Could be that it was no real redirection and now it is correct? Or redirection will not be recognized anymore. You have my mail there is one html sample of this amazon mails inside. And not that I have before some problems on that but for info the wipe cache function works correctly, all data will be deleted.

Pegasus v4.81 Beta

edited Feb 14 '22 at 6:52 am

Could be that it was no real redirection and now it is correct? Or redirection will not be recognized anymore. You have my mail there is one html sample of this amazon mails inside.

Nope, I've added some new code for blocking tracking pixels (also known as Web beacons) which are 1x1 size graphics used for tracking purposes: Your Amazon message contains two of these, one at its beginning and the other one at its end. They aren't displayed and the URLs replaced with a resource URL (a pixel within IER itself) so IER doesn't attempt to download them anymore which is most probably why you don't get prompted for redirection either, so I guess we're now "killing two birds with one stone" (in Germany we're only killing flies, though ...smile).

[quote="pid:53409, uid:29380"]Could be that it was no real redirection and now it is correct? Or redirection will not be recognized anymore. You have my mail there is one html sample of this amazon mails inside.[/quote] Nope, I've added some new code for blocking _tracking pixels_ (also known as [Web beacons](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_beacon)) which are 1x1 size graphics used for tracking purposes: Your Amazon message contains two of these, one at its beginning and the other one at its end. They aren't displayed and the URLs replaced with a resource URL (a pixel within IER itself) so IER doesn't attempt to download them anymore which is most probably why you don't get prompted for redirection either, so I guess we're now "killing two birds with one stone" (in Germany we're only killing flies, though ...;)).
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Ok, super smile
Until now for me new version of IER works fine and I not found any further issues.

Ok, super :) Until now for me new version of IER works fine and I not found any further issues.

Pegasus v4.81 Beta

Hi Michael,
is there a reason why IER 2.6.5.9 is included in English and not in German in the package of the new German version of PMail 4.8?

Hi Michael, is there a reason why IER 2.6.5.9 is included in English and not in German in the package of the new German version of PMail 4.8?

Pegasus v4.81 Beta

is there a reason why IER 2.6.5.9 is included in English and not in German in the package of the new German version of PMail 4.8?

I'm sorry, I didn't test with the German version, it's all there but doesn't get loaded for whatever reason. But anyway, David Harris need to release another update anyway and I'm having several minor fixes and enhancements already prepared as well. Thanks for reporting!

[quote="pid:53445, uid:29380"]is there a reason why IER 2.6.5.9 is included in English and not in German in the package of the new German version of PMail 4.8?[/quote] I'm sorry, I didn't test with the German version, it's all there but doesn't get loaded for whatever reason. But anyway, David Harris need to release another update anyway and I'm having several minor fixes and enhancements already prepared as well. Thanks for reporting!
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

I'm sorry, I didn't test with the German version,

OK, I didn't have a chance to figure out that the German language module had been renamed for the release after testing the first German beta version (at least that's what I remember), that's why IER doesn't recognize the German version.

[quote="pid:53448, uid:2133"]I'm sorry, I didn't test with the German version,[/quote] OK, I didn't have a chance to figure out that the German language module had been renamed for the release after testing the first German beta version (at least that's what I remember), that's why IER doesn't recognize the German version.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
edited Mar 3 '22 at 10:18 am
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft