Community Discussions and Support
Web based email client for Mercury

FWIW Pegasus & Thunderbird (custom version from portableapps.com) can be installed on a USB thumbdrive so you can have your mail client in your pocket [:D]

Will work from any PC you plug it into without installing. (Local firewall & USB security policy may be an issue in some cases though.) 

<p>FWIW Pegasus & Thunderbird (custom version from portableapps.com) can be installed on a USB thumbdrive so you can have your mail client in your pocket [:D]</p><p>Will work from any PC you plug it into without installing. (Local firewall & USB security policy may be an issue in some cases though.) </p>

Hello,

Now I how I word this stuff right.  I would like to have a webbased email type of service for my email  Right now I have Mercury on a computer at my home, I have a domain name of ventronicpcsys.com.  I've tryed several different web based server programs but I still like Mercury, the simplicity. 

I like to know if there is a different type of web based email 'client' that will use mercury's settings and I'd be able to my email from any where. I'm at several places and I don't think they would like me to install thunderbird or Outlook everywhere.  I've seen mail2web.com, but I'd like to have my own web based service.

Thank you

<P>Hello,</P> <P>Now I how I word this stuff right.  I would like to have a webbased email type of service for my email  Right now I have Mercury on a computer at my home, I have a domain name of ventronicpcsys.com.  I've tryed several different web based server programs but I still like Mercury, the simplicity.  </P> <P>I like to know if there is a different type of web based email 'client' that will use mercury's settings and I'd be able to my email from any where. I'm at several places and I don't think they would like me to install thunderbird or Outlook everywhere.  I've seen mail2web.com, but I'd like to have my own web based service.</P> <P>Thank you</P>

> Hello,
>
> Now I how I word this stuff right.  I would like to have a webbased
> email type of service for my email  Right now I have Mercury on a
> computer at my home, I have a domain name of ventronicpcsys.com.
> I've tryed several different web based server programs but I still
> like Mercury, the simplicity.
>
> I like to know if there is a different type of web based email
> 'client' that will use mercury's settings and I'd be able to my
> email from any where. I'm at several places and I don't think they
> would like me to install thunderbird or Outlook everywhere.  I've
> seen mail2web.com, but I'd like to have my own web based service.

Does Mail2Web work for you?  The you might want to go with the Apache, PHP, SquirrelMail setup.  You can find packages that will install Apache and PHP on your system and then you can install SquirrelMail.  There are other packages available that work with a web server and IMAP4 type mail host.  There are even commercial versions like IceWarp that do not need a web server at all and connect via IMAP4 to Mercury/32.  

>
> Thank you

> Hello, > > Now I how I word this stuff right.  I would like to have a webbased > email type of service for my email  Right now I have Mercury on a > computer at my home, I have a domain name of ventronicpcsys.com. > I've tryed several different web based server programs but I still > like Mercury, the simplicity. > > I like to know if there is a different type of web based email > 'client' that will use mercury's settings and I'd be able to my > email from any where. I'm at several places and I don't think they > would like me to install thunderbird or Outlook everywhere.  I've > seen mail2web.com, but I'd like to have my own web based service. Does Mail2Web work for you?  The you might want to go with the Apache, PHP, SquirrelMail setup.  You can find packages that will install Apache and PHP on your system and then you can install SquirrelMail.  There are other packages available that work with a web server and IMAP4 type mail host.  There are even commercial versions like IceWarp that do not need a web server at all and connect via IMAP4 to Mercury/32.   > > Thank you
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft