Community Discussions and Support
Google to stop allowing less secure apps on May 30

I just received this in an email from Google:

On May 30, you may lose access to apps that are using less secure sign-in technology.

To help keep your account secure, Google will no longer support the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password. Instead, you’ll need to sign in using Sign in with Google or other more secure technologies, like OAuth 2.0. Learn more

They will still support app passwords according to the support site accessed by the "Learn more" link.

I have posted this on the PM-Win listserv as well.

--
Brian Fluet

I just received this in an email from Google: > On May 30, you may lose access to apps that are using less secure sign-in technology. > To help keep your account secure, Google will no longer support the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password. Instead, you’ll need to sign in using [Sign in with Google](https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/112802) or other more secure technologies, like OAuth 2.0. [Learn more](https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255) They will still support app passwords according to the support site accessed by the "Learn more" link. I have posted this on the PM-Win listserv as well. -- Brian Fluet

I have not found anything that indicates the end of Google app passwords so I believe we are ok with an app password, at least for now.

I have not found anything that indicates the end of Google app passwords so I believe we are ok with an app password, at least for now.

I also received a notice about less secure apps but when I log in to locate the screen that will generate a 3rd party password it does not seem to be displaying anywhere. Am I missing something? The page with their instructions that I read several times says to go to Security and pull down to where less secure apps are turned on but the text for generating the 3rd party app passwords is not to be found.

I planned to start using Pegasus due to an older program going dark but does it support Oath2?

Clearly I am missing something on the Google web site or it is not showing for me.

I also received a notice about less secure apps but when I log in to locate the screen that will generate a 3rd party password it does not seem to be displaying anywhere. Am I missing something? The page with their instructions that I read several times says to go to Security and pull down to where less secure apps are turned on but the text for generating the 3rd party app passwords is not to be found. I planned to start using Pegasus due to an older program going dark but does it support Oath2? Clearly I am missing something on the Google web site or it is not showing for me.

Creating an app password in Google is dependent on 2-Step Verification being enabled. Once you turn it on you will see the option for creating an app password.

Creating an app password in Google is dependent on 2-Step Verification being enabled. Once you turn it on you will see the option for creating an app password.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft