Community Discussions and Support
The ugly look of MDI windows, is there a solution?

Hi,
I use pmail since the very beginning. Recently I had to change my computer and I am now on a fresh install of Windows 10. There is a known problem in all modern OSes of that sort with the look of MDI windows. Does anybody happen to know any workaround? Pmail in the multiple window mode looks really ugly, displaying all the inner windows in "aerolite" theme instead of the selected system-wide theme. The active window controls look particularly out-of-place.

I know this s not strictly pmail issue, it is discussed for example here:
https://github.com/dotnet/winforms/issues/3691

622348447dc27

Hi, I use pmail since the very beginning. Recently I had to change my computer and I am now on a fresh install of Windows 10. There is a known problem in all modern OSes of that sort with the look of MDI windows. Does anybody happen to know any workaround? Pmail in the multiple window mode looks really ugly, displaying all the inner windows in "aerolite" theme instead of the selected system-wide theme. The active window controls look particularly out-of-place. I know this s not strictly pmail issue, it is discussed for example here: https://github.com/dotnet/winforms/issues/3691 ![622348447dc27](serve/attachment&path=622348447dc27)

It's an MS design, so can you please direct your complaints against them?

It's an MS design, so can you please direct your complaints against them?
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
edited Mar 6 '22 at 3:44 pm

Dear Michael,
I do realize it is a MS design flaw or rather a MS Windows bug. What makes you think that me filing a complain would make Microsoft fix a several years old, well known bug is a mystery to me. BTW, I did.

Are you implying that I should not have posted this question to the pmail community? But perhaps there is a doable workaround, after all pmail users utilizing MDI setup are obviously affected by this bug. I would be much obliged if anyone could share his experience. Isn't that what community is all about?

Sorry if I was mistaken.

Dear Michael, I do realize it is a MS design flaw or rather a MS Windows bug. What makes you think that me filing a complain would make Microsoft fix a several years old, well known bug is a mystery to me. BTW, I did. Are you implying that I should not have posted this question to the pmail community? But perhaps there is a doable workaround, after all pmail users utilizing MDI setup are obviously affected by this bug. I would be much obliged if anyone could share his experience. Isn't that what community is all about? Sorry if I was mistaken.

Are you implying that I should not have posted this question to the pmail community?

There's a forum for suggestions, and what you are complaining about is a matter of taste plus we are already buried in a lot of very much more important issues than this one, so maybe you can take this into account as well? Additionally this has been around ever since and I haven't seen anyone complain about it anytime before ... maybe you start a poll about it in the suggestions forum to figure out its priority for other users?

[quote="pid:53509, uid:4607"]Are you implying that I should not have posted this question to the pmail community?[/quote] There's a forum for [suggestions](https://community.pmail.com/index.php?u=/category/pegasus-mail-suggestions), and what you are complaining about is a matter of taste plus we are already buried in a lot of very much more important issues than this one, so maybe you can take this into account as well? Additionally this has been around ever since and I haven't seen anyone complain about it anytime before ... maybe you start a poll about it in the suggestions forum to figure out its priority for other users?
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Have I offended you? Why are you so aggressive? If you are so busy then by all means, please just ignore my posts. I don't mind.

Have I offended you? Why are you so aggressive? If you are so busy then by all means, please just ignore my posts. I don't mind.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft