Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus via Wine

Yes there is a known problem with multi-column tables drawn by using CSS rather than standard html tables. There is no immediate hope for a fix, but as there is a simple bypass by registering with Yahoo to use Traditional format, you should get a better display.

Martin 

<p>Yes there is a known problem with multi-column tables drawn by using CSS rather than standard html tables. There is no immediate hope for a fix, but as there is a simple bypass by registering with Yahoo to use Traditional format, you should get a better display.</p><p>Martin </p>

I am running Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 on my laptop. I have installed Pegasus 4.41 (standalone) via Wine version 0.9.43. I am able to open Pegasus via Wine after the installation only the first time I try. Any other time I try Pegasus simply doesn't start. Sometimes it brings the splash screen with the Pegasus icon up and freezes there never starting Pegasus. When it happens  a message shows at the panel saying that "the mailbox is blocked".

Is there anyone running Pegasus via Wine successfully? Has anyone in the community put a tutorial or howto on this subject? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Eliel

<p>I am running Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 on my laptop. I have installed Pegasus 4.41 (standalone) via Wine version 0.9.43. I am able to open Pegasus via Wine after the installation only the first time I try. Any other time I try Pegasus simply doesn't start. Sometimes it brings the splash screen with the Pegasus icon up and freezes there never starting Pegasus. When it happens  a message shows at the panel saying that "the mailbox is blocked". </p><p>Is there anyone running Pegasus via Wine successfully? Has anyone in the community put a tutorial or howto on this subject? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Eliel </p>

[quote user="Eliel Salles"]

I am running Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 on my laptop. I have installed Pegasus 4.41 (standalone) via Wine version 0.9.43. I am able to open Pegasus via Wine after the installation only the first time I try. Any other time I try Pegasus simply doesn't start. Sometimes it brings the splash screen with the Pegasus icon up and freezes there never starting Pegasus. When it happens  a message shows at the panel saying that "the mailbox is blocked".

Is there anyone running Pegasus via Wine successfully? Has anyone in the community put a tutorial or howto on this subject? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Eliel

[/quote]

I'm currently using Ubuntu v7.04 and Wine v0.9.44 but it worked the same with Wine v0.9.43.  Pretty much works out of the box but I do have a problem at times with the program "going away" after sending a reply.  There is not must to say abiout the tutorial, I just set Ubuntu, added Wine and then ran the WinPMail installer.  With Wine v0.9.43 the splash screen covered any popup screen and I had to move it out of the way to answer the query.  This was fixed with v0.9.44.

[quote user="Eliel Salles"]<p>I am running Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 on my laptop. I have installed Pegasus 4.41 (standalone) via Wine version 0.9.43. I am able to open Pegasus via Wine after the installation only the first time I try. Any other time I try Pegasus simply doesn't start. Sometimes it brings the splash screen with the Pegasus icon up and freezes there never starting Pegasus. When it happens  a message shows at the panel saying that "the mailbox is blocked". </p><p>Is there anyone running Pegasus via Wine successfully? Has anyone in the community put a tutorial or howto on this subject? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Eliel </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>I'm currently using Ubuntu v7.04 and Wine v0.9.44 but it worked the same with Wine v0.9.43.  Pretty much works out of the box but I do have a problem at times with the program "going away" after sending a reply.  There is not must to say abiout the tutorial, I just set Ubuntu, added Wine and then ran the WinPMail installer.  With Wine v0.9.43 the splash screen covered any popup screen and I had to move it out of the way to answer the query.  This was fixed with v0.9.44.</p><p> </p><p> </p>

Thank you for your reply Thomas.

I have just updated Wine to the version 0.9.45 and now I am able to open Pegasus and work on it. But when I attempt to send a message or close any window in the program Pegasus exit. Do you know of any workaround to solve this problem? I've done some Google search but found nothing to help on this matter. Thanks in advance.

<p>Thank you for your reply Thomas.</p><p>I have just updated Wine to the version 0.9.45 and now I am able to open Pegasus and work on it. But when I attempt to send a message or close any window in the program Pegasus exit. Do you know of any workaround to solve this problem? I've done some Google search but found nothing to help on this matter. Thanks in advance. </p>

I can duplicate the sending problem but I cannot duplicate the closing the windows problem.  This is some sort of Ubuntu (Debian) problem it appears since this is not common on all Linux distributions.  I'm simply too new to the Linux area to help much here.

<p>I can duplicate the sending problem but I cannot duplicate the closing the windows problem.  This is some sort of Ubuntu (Debian) problem it appears since this is not common on all Linux distributions.  I'm simply too new to the Linux area to help much here.</p><p> </p><p> </p>

The closing the window problem is gone. I downloaded some ubuntu packages updates recently and it seems like these packages is what solved the problem. The sending problem still remains though.

The closing the window problem is gone. I downloaded some ubuntu packages updates recently and it seems like these packages is what solved the problem. The sending problem still remains though.

I have the same setup and the same problem: sending a mail to the queue closes Pmail immediately.
I can then open it again and the sent mail is sitting in the queue, ready for delivery.
Sending mail from the queue and receiving works.

I have not tried more in the moment, because if this problem is not solved the usability is not sufficient. 

Werner 

I have the same setup and the same problem: sending a mail to the queue closes Pmail immediately. I can then open it again and the sent mail is sitting in the queue, ready for delivery. Sending mail from the queue and receiving works. I have not tried more in the moment, because if this problem is not solved the usability is not sufficient.  Werner   

Thomas,

I read a notice from you on a Wine board, that for you it is working after updating to Ubuntu 7.10.
For me it is worse than before, when the main window of Pegasus opens the program hangs completely.

The issue with the hidden "locked" window is gone.

Werner

<p>Thomas, </p><p> I read a notice from you on a Wine board, that for you it is working after updating to Ubuntu 7.10. For me it is worse than before, when the main window of Pegasus opens the program hangs completely.</p><p>The issue with the hidden "locked" window is gone.</p><p>  Werner </p><p>  </p>

[quote user="furlan"]

Thomas,

I read a notice from you on a Wine board, that for you it is working after updating to Ubuntu 7.10.
For me it is worse than before, when the main window of Pegasus opens the program hangs completely.

The issue with the hidden "locked" window is gone.

Werner

[/quote]

I have noted a problem with the Yahoo "enhanced" HTML and BearHTML.   I use the "traditional" Yahoo stuff without problems.  I passed this along to Martin.

[quote user="furlan"]<p>Thomas, </p><p> I read a notice from you on a Wine board, that for you it is working after updating to Ubuntu 7.10. For me it is worse than before, when the main window of Pegasus opens the program hangs completely.</p><p>The issue with the hidden "locked" window is gone.</p><p>  Werner </p><p>  </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>I have noted a problem with the Yahoo "enhanced" HTML and BearHTML.   I use the "traditional" Yahoo stuff without problems.  I passed this along to Martin.</p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft