Community Discussions and Support
Copy/paste errors

I have installed the debugging program but I am too stupid to find the 'readme' file in the new folder...
If you didn't deselect it (I don't remember whether the setup permits so, should check it) the installer should have created a Start menu group with a link to the ReadMe file (among others).

[quote="pid:54034, uid:35042"]I have installed the debugging program but I am too stupid to find the 'readme' file in the new folder...[/quote]If you didn't deselect it (I don't remember whether the setup permits so, should check it) the installer should have created a Start menu group with a link to the ReadMe file (among others).
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

But if the copied text is converted into the same fonts when sending anyway this should be fine (I thought the different format would be visible to the recipient of the mail).
PS: As long as the editor's Rich text box isn't ticked it gets converted.

[quote="pid:54034, uid:35042"]But if the copied text is converted into the same fonts when sending anyway this should be fine (I thought the different format would be visible to the recipient of the mail).[/quote]PS: As long as the editor's _Rich text_ box isn't ticked it gets converted.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Thanks again - I can find a 'Lies mich' link in the start menu, but it does not find the corresponding file.

Thanks again - I can find a 'Lies mich' link in the start menu, but it does not find the corresponding file.

That's weird: If you right-click the that link and open its properties there should be the path displayed where it's supposed to be copied to: Does it display the same path as the other MiniDump links do in this menu? If you open this path you should be able to locate the text file(s) for all supported languages, at least ...

[quote="pid:54037, uid:35042"]Thanks again - I can find a 'Lies mich' link in the start menu, but it does not find the corresponding file.[/quote] That's weird: If you right-click the that link and open its properties there should be the path displayed where it's supposed to be copied to: Does it display the same path as the other MiniDump links do in this menu? If you open this path you should be able to locate the text file(s) for all supported languages, at least ...
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

I found the file path and searching manually for MDReadMede.txt turned out to be successful. Thank you!

I found the file path and searching manually for MDReadMede.txt turned out to be successful. Thank you!

Thanks for reporting all these difficulties, turned out that the installer just didn't do anymore what it was supposed to do so I fixed it and recompiled the MiniDump setup which now displays the licence info and the ReadMe stuff during installation properly and nobody needs to search for it again. The Start menu group shortcuts should work properly now as well.

[quote="pid:54039, uid:35042"]I found the file path and searching manually for MDReadMede.txt turned out to be successful. Thank you![/quote] Thanks for reporting all these difficulties, turned out that the installer just didn't do anymore what it was supposed to do so I fixed it and recompiled the MiniDump setup which now displays the licence info and the ReadMe stuff during installation properly and nobody needs to search for it again. The Start menu group shortcuts should work properly now as well.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

... and please report back about your paste issues after updating, Bernd, I've reworked some code dealing with it as you can figure out by reading IER's history file ...

... and please report back about your paste issues after updating, Bernd, I've reworked some code dealing with it as you can figure out by reading [IER's history file ...](https://www.pmpgp.de/renderer/History.htm)
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Hello Michael,
Thanks very much!

Copy and paste from the subject line now works again without the need to do any 'special pasting'.

Presumably, I do not have to re-install the debug program? It seems to work as intended, as everytime I close and re-start the program I get an automatically created email with some system information. Since installing the debug program, PMail has not crashed again - I am not complaining about that, though!

Hello Michael, Thanks very much! Copy and paste from the subject line now works again without the need to do any 'special pasting'. Presumably, I do not have to re-install the debug program? It seems to work as intended, as everytime I close and re-start the program I get an automatically created email with some system information. Since installing the debug program, PMail has not crashed again - I am not complaining about that, though!

Copy and paste from the subject line now works again without the need to do any 'special pasting'.

Good to know, but there appear to be some new issues with copying URLs to clipboard and handling mail addresses via context menu even in plain text, I'm starting to look into it.

Presumably, I do not have to re-install the debug program? It seems to work as intended, as everytime I close and re-start the program I get an automatically created email with some system information. Since installing the debug program, PMail has not crashed again - I am not complaining about that, though!

I'm not so sure since the previous version might not have installed properly (and yes, in some cases it can even protect Pegasus Mail from crashing): These automatically created emails, though, are supposed to be sent to < beta-reports [at] pmail.gen.nz> and not kept on your machine, how else should do something about your issues without looking at the contents of the crash report? That's what they are for. And please don't send them to my personal address because my email provider (T-On...) might block them. If yours does as well not matter what address you need to unpack the CAB archive and try to compress the DMP files in there into a ZIP archive. I would also recommend to change their file extension to .txt in such cases. They aren't malware and no virus, definitely!

[quote=&quot;pid:54058, uid:35042&quot;]Copy and paste from the subject line now works again without the need to do any &#039;special pasting&#039;.[/quote] Good to know, but there appear to be some new issues with copying URLs to clipboard and handling mail addresses via context menu even in plain text, I&#039;m starting to look into it. [quote=&quot;pid:54058, uid:35042&quot;]Presumably, I do not have to re-install the debug program? It seems to work as intended, as everytime I close and re-start the program I get an automatically created email with some system information. Since installing the debug program, PMail has not crashed again - I am not complaining about that, though![/quote] I&#039;m not so sure since the previous version might not have installed properly (and yes, in some cases it can even protect Pegasus Mail from crashing): These automatically created emails, though, are supposed to be sent to &lt; beta-reports [at] pmail.gen.nz&gt; and not kept on your machine, how else should do something about your issues without looking at the contents of the crash report? That&#039;s what they are for. And please don&#039;t send them to my personal address because my email provider (T-On...) might block them. If yours does as well not matter what address you need to unpack the CAB archive and try to compress the DMP files in there into a ZIP archive. I would also recommend to change their file extension to .txt in such cases. They aren&#039;t malware and no virus, definitely!
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Hi Michael,
As I wrote in my last reply, PMail has not crashed again, so I thought there would be no point in sending on the automatically-generated emails to beta-reports [at] pmail.gen.nz.
Thanks and best regards,
Bernd

Hi Michael, As I wrote in my last reply, PMail has not crashed again, so I thought there would be no point in sending on the automatically-generated emails to beta-reports [at] pmail.gen.nz. Thanks and best regards, Bernd

As I wrote in my last reply, PMail has not crashed again, so I thought there would be no point in sending on the automatically-generated emails to beta-reports [at] pmail.gen.nz.

I understand your reasoning, Bernd, but if MinDump can catch something it might still crash without it and for other users. Some of the so-called "exceptions" MiniDump can possibly fix might just be alerts to the developer that something goes wrong which (s)he didn't expect to occur. Although they aren't supposed to crash an application they sometimes do depending on the context.

If MiniDump doesn't jump in anymore after the update we're done, of course.

[quote=&quot;pid:54061, uid:35042&quot;]As I wrote in my last reply, PMail has not crashed again, so I thought there would be no point in sending on the automatically-generated emails to beta-reports [at] pmail.gen.nz.[/quote] I understand your reasoning, Bernd, but _if_ MinDump can catch something it might still crash without it and for other users. Some of the so-called &quot;exceptions&quot; MiniDump can possibly fix might just be alerts to the developer that something goes wrong which (s)he didn&#039;t expect to occur. Although they aren&#039;t supposed to crash an application they sometimes do depending on the context. If MiniDump doesn&#039;t jump in anymore after the update we&#039;re done, of course.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Hi Michael,
All right, I de-installed the previous version of the debug program and re-installed the new version. From now on, I will send the report to New Zealand.
Thanks and best regards,
Bernd

Hi Michael, All right, I de-installed the previous version of the debug program and re-installed the new version. From now on, I will send the report to New Zealand. Thanks and best regards, Bernd

All right, I de-installed the previous version of the debug program and re-installed the new version. From now on, I will send the report to New Zealand.

Thanks for helping us to enhance Pegasus Mail (no, this isn't a joke!)!

[quote=&quot;pid:54063, uid:35042&quot;]All right, I de-installed the previous version of the debug program and re-installed the new version. From now on, I will send the report to New Zealand.[/quote] Thanks for helping us to enhance Pegasus Mail (no, this isn&#039;t a joke!)!
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft