Community Discussions and Support
IERenderer Version 2.6.5.11

In case the auto-notification didn't work for you:

• The small and easy things first: The installer does now automatically detect the German language module again like it used to (especially important for silent first time installs of Pegasus Mail).

• Various kinds of incomplete Urls are now properly completed and handled accordingly.

• The reformat and word-wrap reader options make a difference now with respect to breaking long strings (like Urls, e.g.).

• There's a new option on IER's button menu for disabling the auto-update-check on program launch. And Pegasus Mail's status bar will display the results of checking if enabled. Otherwise the Update item will be re-enabled for checking manually.

• If starting a message from IER's About... dialog the status report does now include whether BearHtml and graphics download are enabled by default.

• Horizontal scroll wheel support has been implemented.The biggest issue was image handling: I certainly can't get it right since today's point is responsiveness (see samples ), in short: One design fits all devices. While web designers in former times were supposed to provide fixed sizes for fast rendering they are now supposed to keep it as flexible as possible, so if IER doesn't download graphics on purpose or due to errors they are substituted by some visual indicator of arbitrary size which will either be modified itself or modify the design no matter what - as it is supposed to. Anyway, I'm sure you'll notice yourself and propably like it or not ;-).

• And there's just one thing left which didn't fit in my time schedule: I couldn't look deep enough into the various TER editor issues reported by several people, so be prepared for further updates to come!

In case the auto-notification didn't work for you: - The small and easy things first: The installer does now automatically detect the German language module again like it used to (especially important for silent first time installs of Pegasus Mail). - Various kinds of incomplete Urls are now properly completed and handled accordingly. - The _reformat_ and _word-wrap_ reader options make a _difference_ now with respect to breaking long strings (like Urls, e.g.). - There's a new option on IER's button menu for disabling the auto-update-check on program launch. And Pegasus Mail's status bar will display the results of checking if enabled. Otherwise the _Update_ item will be re-enabled for checking manually. - If starting a message from IER's _About..._ dialog the status report does now include whether BearHtml and graphics download are enabled by default. - Horizontal scroll wheel support has been implemented. The biggest issue was image handling: I certainly can't get it right since today's point is _responsiveness_ ([see samples](https://blog.froont.com/9-basic-principles-of-responsive-web-design/) ), in short: One design fits all devices. While web designers in former times were supposed to provide fixed sizes for fast rendering they are now supposed to keep it as flexible as possible, so if IER doesn't download graphics on purpose or due to errors they are substituted by some visual indicator of arbitrary size which will either be modified itself or modify the design no matter what - as it is supposed to. Anyway, I'm sure you'll notice yourself and propably like it or not ;-). - And there's just one thing left which didn't fit in my time schedule: I couldn't look deep enough into the various TER editor issues reported by several people, so be prepared for further updates to come!
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Thanks Michael, it's a pleasure to see your reaction times to user claims. Highly appreciated.
I take for granted that all IER updates are working with v4.80 and previous Pmail versions as well, since we have not updated yet.

Thanks Michael, it's a pleasure to see your reaction times to user claims. Highly appreciated. I take for granted that all IER updates are working with v4.80 and previous Pmail versions as well, since we have not updated yet.

I take for granted that all IER updates are working with v4.80 and previous Pmail versions as well, since we have not updated yet.

If you haven't downgraded MS IE there shouldn't be any issues ;-). Language detection should still work with both, I've just "extended" it for detecting the new module name which already did an Is it loaded? check before.

[quote="pid:53633, uid:3785"]I take for granted that all IER updates are working with v4.80 and previous Pmail versions as well, since we have not updated yet.[/quote] If you haven't downgraded MS IE there shouldn't be any issues ;-). Language detection should still work with both, I've just "extended" it for detecting the new module name which already did an _Is it loaded?_ check before.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
edited Mar 22 '22 at 5:48 pm

Hello & good day - I'm trying to update IErenderer but keep getting 'Setup has detected that Pegasus Mail is running...please close to continue etc'. This is happening when no instances of Pegasus are running.I'm on ver 4.8 Pegasus on a windows network & 2.6.5.9 ver IERenderer.
I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious......any workaround for this?
Thanks
George

Hello & good day - I'm trying to update IErenderer but keep getting 'Setup has detected that Pegasus Mail is running...please close to continue etc'. This is happening when no instances of Pegasus are running.I'm on ver 4.8 Pegasus on a windows network & 2.6.5.9 ver IERenderer. I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious......any workaround for this? Thanks George

I'm trying to update IErenderer but keep getting 'Setup has detected that Pegasus Mail is running...please close to continue etc'. This is happening when no instances of Pegasus are running.I'm on ver 4.8 Pegasus on a windows network & 2.6.5.9 ver IERenderer.

Our Pmail is also running in a multi-user network environment. As long as at least one user has Pmail running (using IER as html viewer), you are not able to update. This is quite normal.
Here with us I'm always checking my Domain Controller to see who is logged-in and has opened what kind of files. Usually I'm able to update in the evening when all users are gone.
If you are operating Pmail from a Windows Server OS, you should check which files are kept open by which user.

[quote="pid:53644, uid:7268"]I'm trying to update IErenderer but keep getting 'Setup has detected that Pegasus Mail is running...please close to continue etc'. This is happening when no instances of Pegasus are running.I'm on ver 4.8 Pegasus on a windows network & 2.6.5.9 ver IERenderer.[/quote] Our Pmail is also running in a multi-user network environment. As long as at least one user has Pmail running (using IER as html viewer), you are not able to update. This is quite normal. Here with us I'm always checking my Domain Controller to see who is logged-in and has opened what kind of files. Usually I'm able to update in the evening when all users are gone. If you are operating Pmail from a Windows Server OS, you should check which files are kept open by which user.

Thanks Joerg - that makes complete sense....I'll have another go when everyone's off the system.
Thanks
George

Thanks Joerg - that makes complete sense....I'll have another go when everyone's off the system. Thanks George

Hi Michael,
I'm using this "IER Version 2.6.5.11" thread to avoid a new one for IER 2.6.5.11 problems.

We just received an (html) email from a greek business partner which let Pmail immediately crashing when opening. Bearhtml is able to handle it as well as Thunderbird. But IER not. Don't know whether it's a known issue or something brand new. I don't have time for further investigations. Due to Covid we have a reduced crew and the work have to go on. Concerned users switched over to TB and were able to proceed their work.

If you are interested in, I could forward the mail to you in trust of confidence.

Joerg

Hi Michael, I'm using this "IER Version 2.6.5.11" thread to avoid a new one for IER 2.6.5.11 problems. We just received an (html) email from a greek business partner which let Pmail immediately crashing when opening. Bearhtml is able to handle it as well as Thunderbird. But IER not. Don't know whether it's a known issue or something brand new. I don't have time for further investigations. Due to Covid we have a reduced crew and the work have to go on. Concerned users switched over to TB and were able to proceed their work. If you are interested in, I could forward the mail to you in trust of confidence. Joerg

Good morning...we're having similar problems with certain emails [with attachments] causing immediate crash [with no dump]for some users. We have a work around with Roundcube/TB/Outlook, but I have loads of users who love Pegasus. I have another similar prob to Joerg in that we have a skeleton IT crew that's stretched as it is. Attachments that cause crash seem to be confined to pdf & odt.
Cheers
George

Good morning...we're having similar problems with certain emails [with attachments] causing immediate crash [with no dump]for some users. We have a work around with Roundcube/TB/Outlook, but I have loads of users who love Pegasus. I have another similar prob to Joerg in that we have a skeleton IT crew that's stretched as it is. Attachments that cause crash seem to be confined to pdf & odt. Cheers George

Good morning...we're having similar problems with certain emails [with attachments] causing immediate crash [with no dump]for some users. We have a work around with Roundcube/TB/Outlook, but I have loads of users who love Pegasus. I have another similar prob to Joerg in that we have a skeleton IT crew that's stretched as it is. Attachments that cause crash seem to be confined to pdf & odt.

Same with us, many users switching over to Thunderbird or Roundcube - and, that's the pity - remain with the other mail clients, since they are working so much smoother with less oddities in a modern design - and they are "eating" every mail.

Only a few older guys which got used to Pegasus for decades, are not able to switch over. But at least when they are retired, Pmail will die in our Company.smile

[quote="pid:53745, uid:7268"]Good morning...we're having similar problems with certain emails [with attachments] causing immediate crash [with no dump]for some users. We have a work around with Roundcube/TB/Outlook, but I have loads of users who love Pegasus. I have another similar prob to Joerg in that we have a skeleton IT crew that's stretched as it is. Attachments that cause crash seem to be confined to pdf & odt.[/quote] Same with us, many users switching over to Thunderbird or Roundcube - and, that's the pity - remain with the other mail clients, since they are working so much smoother with less oddities in a modern design - and they are "eating" every mail. Only a few older guys which got used to Pegasus for decades, are not able to switch over. But at least when they are retired, Pmail will die in our Company.;(

If you are interested in, I could forward the mail to you in trust of confidence.

Joerg, you don't need to ask in such cases, you're always welcome to submit any samples. I've already fixed lots of issues anyway and am about to release another update, so testing and checking against further issues is always a better done beforehand.

[quote="pid:53743, uid:3785"]If you are interested in, I could forward the mail to you in trust of confidence.[/quote] Joerg, you don't need to ask in such cases, you're always welcome to submit any samples. I've already fixed lots of issues anyway and am about to release another update, so testing and checking against further issues is always a better done beforehand.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Attachments that cause crash seem to be confined to pdf & odt.

Well, this one makes me wonder what you're actually doing with these attachments since Pegasus Mail isn't supposed to open them anyway so how would they crash it? Aren't you saving them to disk for opening them with a proper application or does this already cause crashes?

[quote="pid:53745, uid:7268"]Attachments that cause crash seem to be confined to pdf & odt.[/quote] Well, this one makes me wonder what you're actually doing with these attachments since Pegasus Mail isn't supposed to open them anyway so how would they crash it? Aren't you saving them to disk for opening them with a proper application or does this already cause crashes?
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Hello - I think you misunderstood or I was not clear enough - the only common denominator was that these messages had such attachments - Peg crashed down on opening the message not any attachments.....sometimes it will be ok for that function [reading] but shut down if one attempts to reply to that message.
Look forward to the next update.
Thankyou
George

Hello - I think you misunderstood or I was not clear enough - the only common denominator was that these messages had such attachments - Peg crashed down on opening the message not any attachments.....sometimes it will be ok for that function [reading] but shut down if one attempts to reply to that message. Look forward to the next update. Thankyou George

Follow-up on this: I opened a test message submitted by Joerg using my latest (to be released soon) version of IER without crashing so I'm pretty confident I've already fixed this issue in due course.

[quote="pid:53743, uid:3785"]If you are interested in, I could forward the mail to you in trust of confidence.[/quote] Follow-up on this: I opened a test message submitted by Joerg using my latest (to be released soon) version of IER without crashing so I'm pretty confident I've already fixed this issue in due course.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

We just received an (html) email from a greek business partner which let Pmail immediately crashing when opening. Bearhtml is able to handle it as well as Thunderbird. But IER not. Don't know whether it's a known issue or something brand new. I don't have time for further investigations. Due to Covid we have a reduced crew and the work have to go on. Concerned users switched over to TB and were able to proceed their work.

Moin Michael,

Little feedback from me ... just installed the new IER 2.6.5.12. and directly counterchecked with the concerned email from Greece which reproducably caused a Pmail crash. Now Pmail/IER are working and no further crashs occured. Thanks for your work and effort.

Joerg

[quote="pid:53743, uid:3785"]We just received an (html) email from a greek business partner which let Pmail immediately crashing when opening. Bearhtml is able to handle it as well as Thunderbird. But IER not. Don't know whether it's a known issue or something brand new. I don't have time for further investigations. Due to Covid we have a reduced crew and the work have to go on. Concerned users switched over to TB and were able to proceed their work.[/quote] Moin Michael, Little feedback from me ... just installed the new IER 2.6.5.12. and directly counterchecked with the concerned email from Greece which reproducably caused a Pmail crash. Now Pmail/IER are working and no further crashs occured. Thanks for your work and effort. Joerg

Little feedback from me ...

Thanks for this, Joerg!

[quote="pid:53820, uid:3785"]Little feedback from me ...[/quote] Thanks for this, Joerg!
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft