Community Discussions and Support
"Html not initialized" error and crash

After displaying few mails i got "Html not initialized" error and app is crushing. I`m working on newest Windows 10 Pro.

After displaying few mails i got "Html not initialized" error and app is crushing. I`m working on newest Windows 10 Pro.

Back in 2014 there was a discussion about the "Html not initialized" error but it wasn't associated with a crash. Here is the URL to that discussion in the hopes that it is relevant.
https://community.pmail.com/index.php?u=/topic/9211/aw-error-html-not-initialized-when-trying-to-import-html-file/post-40870#post-40870

Back in 2014 there was a discussion about the "Html not initialized" error but it wasn't associated with a crash. Here is the URL to that discussion in the hopes that it is relevant. https://community.pmail.com/index.php?u=/topic/9211/aw-error-html-not-initialized-when-trying-to-import-html-file/post-40870#post-40870

Html not initialized

As I already suspected this pretty much sounds like a typical TER/HTS error (hiding it's orgin), and in fact I could locate the message string in HTS.dll - which raises the question how you encountered it to begin with since TER/HTS should not be involved in default HTML message rendering and display?

IOW: Which version of Pegasus Mail are you using? Which HTML renderer is enabled? Where (in which window on which message pane) did you attempt to display the message (supposedly its HTML)? How did you install Pegasus Mail on your "newest Windows 10 Pro"? Copy from another system resp. machine or using the installer?

[quote="pid:53724, uid:33363"]Html not initialized[/quote] As I already suspected this pretty much sounds like a typical TER/HTS error (hiding it's orgin), and in fact I could locate the message string in HTS.dll - which raises the question how you encountered it to begin with since TER/HTS should not be involved in default HTML message rendering and display? IOW: Which version of Pegasus Mail are you using? Which HTML renderer is enabled? Where (in which window on which message pane) did you attempt to display the message (supposedly its HTML)? How did you install Pegasus Mail on your "newest Windows 10 Pro"? Copy from another system resp. machine or using the installer?
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

IOW: Which version of Pegasus Mail are you using? Which HTML renderer is enabled? Where (in which window on which message pane) did you attempt to display the message (supposedly its HTML)? How did you install Pegasus Mail on your "newest Windows 10 Pro"? Copy from another system resp. machine or using the installer?

We have PM version 4.80.1028, IE renderer version 2.6.5.11

We installed it with fresh installation, then copy PMAIL folder from the old computer. Recently we updated PM and IErenderer with newset version (by installers).

[quote="pid:53731, uid:2133"]IOW: Which version of Pegasus Mail are you using? Which HTML renderer is enabled? Where (in which window on which message pane) did you attempt to display the message (supposedly its HTML)? How did you install Pegasus Mail on your "newest Windows 10 Pro"? Copy from another system resp. machine or using the installer?[/quote] We have PM version 4.80.1028, IE renderer version 2.6.5.11 We installed it with fresh installation, then copy PMAIL folder from the old computer. Recently we updated PM and IErenderer with newset version (by installers).

Thanks, but unfortunately you didn't provide the most important information: How do you open the HTML part of a message? As I said, by default Pegasus Mail won't ever use the HTS module for rendering to begin with, so there must be a certain way you do other than common users do: Opening it in the attachment preview would be such an exception, e.g., and for avoiding these kinds of issues BearHtml and IERenderer have been introduced in the past. The attachment preview (and forwarding, replying or printing) might involve HTS, though.

And if you can spot a certain message causing this in a duplicatable way outside any of these special situations we would like to get a sample of it (the details to provide once you figure it out).

Thanks, but unfortunately you didn't provide the most important information: How do you open the HTML part of a message? As I said, by default Pegasus Mail won't ever use the HTS module for rendering to begin with, so there must be a certain way you do other than common users do: Opening it in the attachment preview would be such an exception, e.g., and for avoiding these kinds of issues BearHtml and IERenderer have been introduced in the past. The attachment preview (and forwarding, replying or printing) might involve HTS, though. And if you can spot a certain message causing this in a duplicatable way outside any of these special situations we would like to get a sample of it (the details to provide once you figure it out).
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Thanks, but unfortunately you didn't provide the most important information: How do you open the HTML part of a message? As I said, by default Pegasus Mail won't ever use the HTS module for rendering to begin with, so there must be a certain way you do other than common users do: Opening it in the attachment preview would be such an exception, e.g., and for avoiding these kinds of issues BearHtml and IERenderer have been introduced in the past. The attachment preview (and forwarding, replying or printing) might involve HTS, though.

And if you can spot a certain message causing this in a duplicatable way outside any of these special situations we would like to get a sample of it (the details to provide once you figure it out).

We usually open it in "Message" pane, but sometimes we go to "Attachments" pane to open i.e. excel attachement.

[quote="pid:53738, uid:2133"]Thanks, but unfortunately you didn't provide the most important information: How do you open the HTML part of a message? As I said, by default Pegasus Mail won't ever use the HTS module for rendering to begin with, so there must be a certain way you do other than common users do: Opening it in the attachment preview would be such an exception, e.g., and for avoiding these kinds of issues BearHtml and IERenderer have been introduced in the past. The attachment preview (and forwarding, replying or printing) might involve HTS, though. And if you can spot a certain message causing this in a duplicatable way outside any of these special situations we would like to get a sample of it (the details to provide once you figure it out).[/quote] We usually open it in "Message" pane, but sometimes we go to "Attachments" pane to open i.e. excel attachement.

We usually open it in "Message" pane, but sometimes we go to "Attachments" pane to open i.e. excel attachement.

Would it be possible for you to be more specific, please? There can't be anything done about issues if we have to guess what exactly you're doing, so: Does this mean you've been trying to open Excel files in the attachment preview pane? If so please understand that this won't ever work since Pegasus Mail can't handle files it hasn't been created for. MS Mail or whatever it's current name is (at least the professional version) can since it's part of MSO so it can embed MSO rendering (or do so via browser in MSO 365), but Pegasus Mail can't (well, it actually could but IMO it shouldn't since this opens a large window for all sorts of attacks against MSO, there are still macro attacks out in the wild). IOW: If that's what you're trying to do there's an easy way to avoid crashes: Don't open any files in the attachment preview unless you're absolutely sure they only contain plain text, Richt Text, HTML or image files (and this doesn't apply to all sorts of the latter). If this isn't your issue then you have to give it another try for making me understand what it is, I'm afraid.

[quote="pid:53747, uid:33363"]We usually open it in "Message" pane, but sometimes we go to "Attachments" pane to open i.e. excel attachement.[/quote] Would it be possible for you to be more specific, please? There can't be anything done about issues if we have to guess what exactly you're doing, so: Does this mean you've been trying to open Excel files in the attachment preview pane? If so please understand that this won't ever work since Pegasus Mail can't handle files it hasn't been created for. MS Mail or whatever it's current name is (at least the professional version) can since it's part of MSO so it can embed MSO rendering (or do so via browser in MSO 365), but Pegasus Mail can't (well, it actually _could_ but IMO it shouldn't since this opens a large window for all sorts of attacks against MSO, there are still macro attacks out in the wild). IOW: If that's what you're trying to do there's an easy way to avoid crashes: Don't open any files in the attachment preview unless you're absolutely sure they only contain plain text, Richt Text, HTML or image files (and this doesn't apply to _all_ sorts of the latter). If this isn't your issue then you have to give it another try for making me understand _what_ it is, I'm afraid.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft