Community Discussions and Support
Using MercuryD (Mercury32) to fetch Hotmail

Nope.  Sadly, I'm paying for this honor.  That does make sense though.

<p>Nope.  Sadly, I'm paying for this honor.  That does make sense though.</p><p> </p>

If this has been addressed before I apologize.  I don't see it anywhere.

I'm trying to get MercuryD to use the information in http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r18532599-Qwest-DSL-with-MSN-and-Vista-Windows-Mail to retrieve Hotmail/MSN/Live mail, but it doesn't seem to work.  Selecting "SSL encryption using direct connection" creates an error in the session log as "22: Error -32 activating SSL session (locus 6014, type 4, code 0, 'Server provided a broken/invalid certifi')"  I'm not all that surprised that Microsoft has created something that is broken, BTW.  Selecting "SSL encryption using STLS command" just results in a timeout.

I hardly ever use the stupid thing, but it's my ISP's mailbox (Qwest with MSN here in the USA) and they do occassionally send announcement stuff there that I should read.  Any ideas on getting MSN to play nice with MercuryD, or is the Microsoft non-standard going to do me in?

(Side note: ever since I started playing with the SSL settings Mercury will crash periodically.  I see that's been mentioned in other posts and I'll deal with that if I can get past the first hurdle.  It must have something to do with the SSL since Mercury has been running rock solid for years here.)

<P>If this has been addressed before I apologize.  I don't see it anywhere.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>I'm trying to get MercuryD to use the information in <A href="http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r18532599-Qwest-DSL-with-MSN-and-Vista-Windows-Mail">http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r18532599-Qwest-DSL-with-MSN-and-Vista-Windows-Mail</A> to retrieve Hotmail/MSN/Live mail, but it doesn't seem to work.  Selecting "SSL encryption using direct connection" creates an error in the session log as "22: Error -32 activating SSL session (locus 6014, type 4, code 0, 'Server provided a broken/invalid certifi')"  I'm not all that surprised that Microsoft has created something that is broken, BTW.  Selecting "SSL encryption using STLS command" just results in a timeout.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>I hardly ever use the stupid thing, but it's my ISP's mailbox (Qwest with MSN here in the USA) and they do occassionally send announcement stuff there that I should read.  Any ideas on getting MSN to play nice with MercuryD, or is the Microsoft non-standard going to do me in?</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>(Side note: ever since I started playing with the SSL settings Mercury will crash periodically.  I see that's been mentioned in other posts and I'll deal with that if I can get past the first hurdle.  It must have something to do with the SSL since Mercury has been running rock solid for years here.)</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Are you trying to collect mail from a free MSN/Hotmail account by any chance? AFAIK, remote collection is only possible on the "Premium" or "paid" accounts.

<p>Are you trying to collect mail from a free MSN/Hotmail account by any chance? AFAIK, remote collection is only possible on the "Premium" or "paid" accounts.</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft