Community Discussions and Support
Any issues with the latest IER release anyone?

Since David Harris is about to release his OAUTH2-ready (for GMail) release I would like to know whether anyone updating to my latest IER release (three days ago) - as announced by its auto-update notification - encountered any bigger issues which I would need to fix before he includes this version with his Pegasus Mail update, please.

TIA

Since David Harris is about to release his OAUTH2-ready (for GMail) release I would like to know whether anyone updating to my latest IER release (three days ago) - as announced by its auto-update notification - encountered any bigger issues which I would need to fix before he includes this version with his Pegasus Mail update, please. TIA
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
edited May 8 '22 at 3:15 am

No issues so far. Good job.

Thanks!

[quote="pid:53818, uid:29380"]No issues so far. Good job.[/quote] Thanks!
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

After upgrading to .12 Pegasus crashed whenever I tried to open an email that had an attachment. Uninstalling and reinstalling IER fixed the problem, so something weird must have happened with the initial install.

(Incidentally I skipped the previous version because Acronis identified it as a virus and kept moving it to quarantine.)

After upgrading to .12 Pegasus crashed whenever I tried to open an email that had an attachment. Uninstalling and reinstalling IER fixed the problem, so something weird must have happened with the initial install. (Incidentally I skipped the previous version because Acronis identified it as a virus and kept moving it to quarantine.)

Since I updated (last weekend) to .12 no further issues occured. Well done.

Only one noticable thing: Since a few days or weeks (must not related to 2.6.5.12) I didn't see your newly created popup window anymore, which is asking for the handling of pictures to be loaded or redirections from further domains. Allthough not listed in my user blocklist.ini, pictures neither being loaded nor asked what to do.

627917c89dbaa

Since I updated (last weekend) to .12 no further issues occured. Well done. Only one noticable thing: Since a few days or weeks (must not related to 2.6.5.12) I didn't see your newly created popup window anymore, which is asking for the handling of pictures to be loaded or redirections from further domains. Allthough not listed in my user blocklist.ini, pictures neither being loaded nor asked what to do. ![627917c89dbaa](serve/attachment&path=627917c89dbaa)

Since a few days or weeks (must not related to 2.6.5.12)

If it really isn't related to updating it might just be the sender having changed the address: Assuming you're white-listing image downloads via Pegasus Mail's respective Exceptions list (see below) you might just need to add this new address to the list on Tools => Options => Message reader so the auto-download gets enabled again. And IER's options dialog will only show up on redirection errors, of course, maybe with this new address (if any) it might not occur anymore at all.

62797cb9e8672

[quote="pid:53833, uid:3785"]Since a few days or weeks (must not related to 2.6.5.12)[/quote] If it really isn't related to updating it might just be the sender having changed the address: Assuming you're white-listing image downloads via Pegasus Mail's respective _Exceptions_ list (see below) you might just need to add this new address to the list on _Tools => Options => Message reader_ so the auto-download gets enabled again. And IER's options dialog will only show up on redirection errors, of course, maybe with this new address (if any) it might not occur anymore at all. ![62797cb9e8672](serve/attachment&path=62797cb9e8672)
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
edited May 9 '22 at 9:47 pm

I've installed IERenderer 2.6.5.12 - but only just now (20 minutes ago) because I didn't notice the red i on the icon until catching up on this community board messages. Installation seems to have worked without any problems - I keep my Pegasus Mail installation in a non-standard folder and it found that correctly. So far, no problems reading HTML messages.

I've installed IERenderer 2.6.5.12 - but only just now (20 minutes ago) because I didn't notice the red **i** on the icon until catching up on this community board messages. Installation seems to have worked without any problems - I keep my Pegasus Mail installation in a non-standard folder and it found that correctly. So far, no problems reading HTML messages.

So far, no problems reading HTML messages

Thanks for reporting back (and believe it or not, there are users around getting annoyed by this little visual sign on the button: I can't get it right for everyone ...)

[quote="pid:53841, uid:2925"]So far, no problems reading HTML messages[/quote] Thanks for reporting back (and believe it or not, there are users around getting annoyed by this little visual sign on the button: I can't get it right for everyone ...)
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Thanks for reporting back (and believe it or not, there are users around getting annoyed by this little visual sign on the button: I can't get it right for everyone ...)

You got it right Michael. You provided an option to disable automatic update checking.

[quote="pid:53842, uid:2133"]Thanks for reporting back (and believe it or not, there are users around getting annoyed by this little visual sign on the button: I can't get it right for everyone ...)[/quote] You got it right Michael. You provided an option to disable automatic update checking.

Michael,

FYI, when there is a ierenderer.ini file in \Pmail\Programs\IERenderer in which the entry "UpdateNotification=NO" exists for the purpose of disabling Auto Update for all users, a hover over the grayed-out Auto Update menu item produces a tooltip containing the German word for Access Restriction per the screen shot below. This is an English installation of IER.

627bef8911d9d

Michael, FYI, when there is a ierenderer.ini file in \Pmail\Programs\IERenderer in which the entry "UpdateNotification=NO" exists for the purpose of disabling Auto Update for all users, a hover over the grayed-out Auto Update menu item produces a tooltip containing the German word for Access Restriction per the screen shot below. This is an English installation of IER. ![627bef8911d9d](serve/attachment&path=627bef8911d9d)

the German word for Access Restriction per the screen shot below. This is an English installation of IER.

It must have been too late that night ;-), thanks for reporting, Brian!

[quote="pid:53844, uid:28772"]the German word for Access Restriction per the screen shot below. This is an English installation of IER.[/quote] It must have been too late that night ;-), thanks for reporting, Brian!
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

thanks for reporting, Brian!

Turns out I switched them, the German version contains the English translation.

[quote="pid:53845, uid:2133"]thanks for reporting, Brian![/quote] Turns out I switched them, the German version contains the English translation.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft