Community Discussions and Support
Font size

I enlarged the DPI settings of my computer but somehow it seems that the userface in Pegasus became tiny. How do you make the size of the font from the words highlighted in yellow to the size of the words highlighted in green?62d33654c7323

I also have this problem with Draft Messages and other stuff.

I enlarged the DPI settings of my computer but somehow it seems that the userface in Pegasus became tiny. How do you make the size of the font from the words highlighted in yellow to the size of the words highlighted in green?![62d33654c7323](serve/attachment&path=62d33654c7323) I also have this problem with Draft Messages and other stuff.

I enlarged the DPI settings of my computer but somehow it seems that the userface in Pegasus became tiny. How do you make the size of the font from the words highlighted in yellow to the size of the words highlighted in green?

The fonts highlighted in yellow are fixed size fonts as are the same sized ones found throughout Pegasus Mail. Version 4.80 improved these somewhat. Beyond v4.80, the only options are to decrease screen resolution or use a magnifier app.

FWIW, prior to v4.80 I ran my 1920x1080 laptop at 1366x768. I now run it at 1920x1080 with scale set at the Win10 recommended 125%.

[quote="pid:54121, uid:27257"]I enlarged the DPI settings of my computer but somehow it seems that the userface in Pegasus became tiny. How do you make the size of the font from the words highlighted in yellow to the size of the words highlighted in green?[/quote] The fonts highlighted in yellow are fixed size fonts as are the same sized ones found throughout Pegasus Mail. Version 4.80 improved these somewhat. Beyond v4.80, the only options are to decrease screen resolution or use a magnifier app. FWIW, prior to v4.80 I ran my 1920x1080 laptop at 1366x768. I now run it at 1920x1080 with scale set at the Win10 recommended 125%.

Thank you Brian for your response. I did both of your suggestions; installed v4.80 as well as decreased the screen resolution and it's much much better. So thank you very much.

One more thing, is there a way to add gridlines in the folders?

Thank you Brian for your response. I did both of your suggestions; installed v4.80 as well as decreased the screen resolution and it's much much better. So thank you very much. One more thing, is there a way to add gridlines in the folders?

Firstly, I want to make sure you are aware of the bugs in v4.80. One is fixed by updating IERenderer. That one is important because it resulted in the mouse wheel causing crashes. The other is with the spell checker. The user words database gets cleared each time the spell checker is invoked. The workaround is to set that database file (USRDICT5.PMD) to read-only. If it has already been cleared, hopefully there is an intact one in a backup that you can restore and mark read-only.
Edit: Although probably obvious, I came back to add that you will not be able to add any more words to the user words until the bug is fixed. The read-only workaround simply allows the spell checker to use the existing database without being allowed to empty it.

As for gridlines in folders, nope. I like the list banding option that is built-in to Pegasus Mail better though. I run multiple instances of Pegasus Mail and have set the banding colors differently in each one to help set them apart. That option is in Tools > Options > User interface > List displays.

Firstly, I want to make sure you are aware of the bugs in v4.80. One is fixed by updating IERenderer. That one is important because it resulted in the mouse wheel causing crashes. The other is with the spell checker. The user words database gets cleared each time the spell checker is invoked. The workaround is to set that database file (USRDICT5.PMD) to read-only. If it has already been cleared, hopefully there is an intact one in a backup that you can restore and mark read-only. Edit: Although probably obvious, I came back to add that you will not be able to add any more words to the user words until the bug is fixed. The read-only workaround simply allows the spell checker to use the existing database without being allowed to empty it. As for gridlines in folders, nope. I like the list banding option that is built-in to Pegasus Mail better though. I run multiple instances of Pegasus Mail and have set the banding colors differently in each one to help set them apart. That option is in Tools > Options > User interface > List displays.
edited Jul 17 '22 at 6:28 pm

Thank you Brian once again. It's so kind of you for giving me all these tips and hints. Although I've been using Pegasus since 1997! I've only updated a few versions. Can you please suggest where I can update IERenderer?

I like the idea of "banding colors" but I never used it because I couldn't understand what it is. Can you send me an image of what it does? Thanks for your assistance.

Thank you Brian once again. It's so kind of you for giving me all these tips and hints. Although I've been using Pegasus since 1997! I've only updated a few versions. Can you please suggest where I can update IERenderer? I like the idea of "banding colors" but I never used it because I couldn't understand what it is. Can you send me an image of what it does? Thanks for your assistance.

Thank you Brian once again. It's so kind of you for giving me all these tips and hints. Although I've been using Pegasus since 1997! I've only updated a few versions. Can you please suggest where I can update IERenderer?

This is the direct url to download the current version: https://www.pmpgp.de/renderer/IERenderer.zip

This is the history page. It contains download links: https://www.pmpgp.de/renderer/History.htm

The download is a zip file. Extract it and then run IERendererSetup.exe. It will replace the existing version with the downloaded one.

quote="pid:54132, uid:27257"]I like the idea of "banding colors" but I never used it because I couldn't understand what it is. Can you send me an image of what it does? Thanks for your assistance.[/quote]

List banding simply adds color bands alternating every two lines. You can select the color and can set a different color for the folder list, message folders, and addressbook.
Here is an example of a light blue banding in a message folder.
62d555d6cd272

[quote="pid:54132, uid:27257"]Thank you Brian once again. It's so kind of you for giving me all these tips and hints. Although I've been using Pegasus since 1997! I've only updated a few versions. Can you please suggest where I can update IERenderer?[/quote] This is the direct url to download the current version: https://www.pmpgp.de/renderer/IERenderer.zip This is the history page. It contains download links: https://www.pmpgp.de/renderer/History.htm The download is a zip file. Extract it and then run IERendererSetup.exe. It will replace the existing version with the downloaded one. quote="pid:54132, uid:27257"]I like the idea of "banding colors" but I never used it because I couldn't understand what it is. Can you send me an image of what it does? Thanks for your assistance.[/quote] List banding simply adds color bands alternating every two lines. You can select the color and can set a different color for the folder list, message folders, and addressbook. Here is an example of a light blue banding in a message folder. ![62d555d6cd272](serve/attachment&path=62d555d6cd272)

I got your email but the image in Pegasus itself did not come through. I see a blank box although I do see it on the URL.
I like that and will implement it right away. Thanks again!

I downloaded and installed IERenderer hoping the major issue I'm having with v4.8 will be solved. It hasn't and these are my MAJOR ISSUES.

Since installing this new version, I do not see on the bottom of the screen (where it has the amount of emails in the New Mail Folder) how many emails are in the queued mail waiting to be sent.

Secondly, I do not see how many new incoming mails are being downloaded. From my Email Notifier I know how many emails I have waiting, but I don't actually see it being downloaded. After they're downloaded it appears in the New Mail Folder.

Thirdly, it also lost showing the percentage of how much was already downloaded from large files. I have no idea whether it's in the process of being downloaded or if it's stuck. Is there an option that I need to set to have these issues work like in the previous versions?

I got your email but the image in Pegasus itself did not come through. I see a blank box although I do see it on the URL. I like that and will implement it right away. Thanks again! I downloaded and installed IERenderer hoping the major issue I'm having with v4.8 will be solved. It hasn't and these are my MAJOR ISSUES. Since installing this new version, I do not see on the bottom of the screen (where it has the amount of emails in the New Mail Folder) how many emails are in the queued mail waiting to be sent. Secondly, I do not see how many new incoming mails are being downloaded. From my Email Notifier I know how many emails I have waiting, but I don't actually see it being downloaded. After they're downloaded it appears in the New Mail Folder. Thirdly, it also lost showing the percentage of how much was already downloaded from large files. I have no idea whether it's in the process of being downloaded or if it's stuck. Is there an option that I need to set to have these issues work like in the previous versions?

Since installing this new version, I do not see on the bottom of the screen (where it has the amount of emails in the New Mail Folder) how many emails are in the queued mail waiting to be sent.

Secondly, I do not see how many new incoming mails are being downloaded. From my Email Notifier I know how many emails I have waiting, but I don't actually see it being downloaded. After they're downloaded it appears in the New Mail Folder.

Thirdly, it also lost showing the percentage of how much was already downloaded from large files. I have no idea whether it's in the process of being downloaded or if it's stuck. Is there an option that I need to set to have these issues work like in the previous versions?

I believe that all of these are info that is displayed at the bottom of the main window.
Nothing changed in v4.80 that affected the info displayed there. There is a blue triangle bottom right that is always visible. If it isn't then it sounds like the bottom of your window is off screen.

[quote="pid:54136, uid:27257"]Since installing this new version, I do not see on the bottom of the screen (where it has the amount of emails in the New Mail Folder) how many emails are in the queued mail waiting to be sent. Secondly, I do not see how many new incoming mails are being downloaded. From my Email Notifier I know how many emails I have waiting, but I don't actually see it being downloaded. After they're downloaded it appears in the New Mail Folder. Thirdly, it also lost showing the percentage of how much was already downloaded from large files. I have no idea whether it's in the process of being downloaded or if it's stuck. Is there an option that I need to set to have these issues work like in the previous versions?[/quote] I believe that all of these are info that is displayed at the bottom of the main window. Nothing changed in v4.80 that affected the info displayed there. There is a blue triangle bottom right that is always visible. If it isn't then it sounds like the bottom of your window is off screen.

Brian, you're the best. I take my hat off for you. You helped me with each and every issue. If only only all my troubles would be solved so quickly... So for now, these are the only snags I had with Pega. Thank you very very much.

I didn't notice that triangle and other icons in that corner. Was it there in previous versions too?

Brian, you're the best. I take my hat off for you. You helped me with each and every issue. If only only all my troubles would be solved so quickly... So for now, these are the only snags I had with Pega. Thank you very very much. I didn't notice that triangle and other icons in that corner. Was it there in previous versions too?

I didn't notice that triangle and other icons in that corner. Was it there in previous versions too?

Yes. The leftmost one toggles offline, the blue triangle toggles the WindowsBar. I believe the center one is an indicator but I don't recall offhand what it indicates.

[quote="pid:54138, uid:27257"]I didn't notice that triangle and other icons in that corner. Was it there in previous versions too?[/quote] Yes. The leftmost one toggles offline, the blue triangle toggles the WindowsBar. I believe the center one is an indicator but I don't recall offhand what it indicates.

Were these 3 icons in the previous versions? I don't remember seeing it.

I don't remember which version they were added but they have been there for awhile, at least in all of the 4.7x versions but I think further back.

[quote="pid:54141, uid:27257"]Were these 3 icons in the previous versions? I don't remember seeing it.[/quote] I don't remember which version they were added but they have been there for awhile, at least in all of the 4.7x versions but I think further back.

I didn't notice it in previous version. Thank you and all the best.

I didn't notice it in previous version. Thank you and all the best.

Since you so kindly helped me with all my issues, I hope you don't mind if I ask you 1 more question.

Since I've updated to 4.80 I'm having trouble sending text with non-English characters although typing in another font is not a problem. Sometimes it would send properly with that font, however, most of the time non-English text would be blank. Also, names of files in non-English would just have the file type without a name. Any idea how to solve this?

Since you so kindly helped me with all my issues, I hope you don't mind if I ask you 1 more question. Since I've updated to 4.80 I'm having trouble sending text with non-English characters although typing in another font is not a problem. Sometimes it would send properly with that font, however, most of the time non-English text would be blank. Also, names of files in non-English would just have the file type without a name. Any idea how to solve this?
edited Jul 28 '22 at 10:08 pm

I suggest starting a new discussion text issue. My suspicion is that the problem has something to do with the Default MIME character set you have chosen. I am not certain about that though. Someone else will know, especially if you include what language you are attempting to send.

I suggest starting a new discussion text issue. My suspicion is that the problem has something to do with the Default MIME character set you have chosen. I am not certain about that though. Someone else will know, especially if you include what language you are attempting to send.

Under Tools Options Advanced Settings what to you have Mime character set as?
I've used UTF-8, but they may or may not work depending on what language you are talking about.
If it is something else, would try that first.

If it turns out to be something odd, you might want to create a separate identity that uses that setting, and use it when you send this type of email message.

Under Tools Options Advanced Settings what to you have Mime character set as? I've used UTF-8, but they may or may not work depending on what language you are talking about. If it is something else, would try that first. If it turns out to be something odd, you might want to create a separate identity that uses that setting, and use it when you send this type of email message.

mikes@guam.net

Thank you Brian and msetzerii for your responses. As per your suggestion, I changed the MIME character set to: ISO-8859-8 for Hebrew and English and now it seems to be working well.

However, Subject Headers and attachments containing Hebrew or Hebrew with English would sometimes appear as codes, symbols or Chinese characters when receiving an email, viewing or sending.

Thank you Brian and msetzerii for your responses. As per your suggestion, I changed the MIME character set to: ISO-8859-8 for Hebrew and English and now it seems to be working well. However, Subject Headers and attachments containing Hebrew or Hebrew with English would sometimes appear as codes, symbols or Chinese characters when receiving an email, viewing or sending.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_8859-8

UTF-8 is a multi-byte system that has huge number of characters.
122357 utf-8codeslook.csv
Last time I did a scan of web for all the ones I would find.
Have a program that scans files and reports all the utf-8 characters.
No font that I know of supports all of them, but it would show what the codes are suppose to be.
So, might want to see if the UTF-8 might work better or not?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_8859-8 UTF-8 is a multi-byte system that has huge number of characters. 122357 utf-8codeslook.csv Last time I did a scan of web for all the ones I would find. Have a program that scans files and reports all the utf-8 characters. No font that I know of supports all of them, but it would show what the codes are suppose to be. So, might want to see if the UTF-8 might work better or not?

mikes@guam.net

You're right. UTF-8 works very well. However, I still do not see the correct characters in Hebrew file attachments that I attach but it does come through properly in the Copies to Self file. I wonder why that is? Thank you very much for your suggestions. You people are great.

You're right. UTF-8 works very well. However, I still do not see the correct characters in Hebrew file attachments that I attach but it does come through properly in the Copies to Self file. I wonder why that is? Thank you very much for your suggestions. You people are great.

Question. How is the file attached? What is the filetype or extension. Could it be when you open the attachment it is using a program that isn't set to use UTF-8 or perhaps uses a different font?

Could also be something needs to be added to the attached file to flag it as UTF-8. Is it text file or html or what?

Question. How is the file attached? What is the filetype or extension. Could it be when you open the attachment it is using a program that isn't set to use UTF-8 or perhaps uses a different font? Could also be something needs to be added to the attached file to flag it as UTF-8. Is it text file or html or what?

mikes@guam.net

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft