Community Discussions and Support
Font size

The files are attached the regular way in the Attachment tab "Add attachment". All filetypes have this problem; jpg, gif, html, pdf, doc, anything and everything. I tried playing around with Encoding but no change. As I said, in the Copies to Self it's fine.

The files are attached the regular way in the Attachment tab "Add attachment". All filetypes have this problem; jpg, gif, html, pdf, doc, anything and everything. I tried playing around with Encoding but no change. As I said, in the Copies to Self it's fine.

All filetypes have this problem; jpg, gif, html, pdf, doc, anything and everything. I tried playing around with Encoding but no change.

Sorry to jump in here, but what are you talking about? jpg & gif are image files, there's not text to get affected by text encoding schemes - and in fact it even would be a desaster if doing so.

Next question: Where do you look at them? Raw data? Attachment preview? Do you refer to the header display of filenames? If looking at the raw data or preview there might yet have no decoding been done which would be quite normal. The most relevant result should always be to display them properly from the final message in their respective application's viewer at the receiver's end or in yours including Pegasus Mail's editor or reader/renderer. Anything in between might just be intermediate states of data you see, i.e. work in progress.

[quote="pid:54200, uid:27257"]All filetypes have this problem; jpg, gif, html, pdf, doc, anything and everything. I tried playing around with Encoding but no change.[/quote] Sorry to jump in here, but what are you talking about? jpg & gif are image files, there's not text to get affected by text encoding schemes - and in fact it even would be a desaster if doing so. Next question: Where do you look at them? Raw data? Attachment preview? Do you refer to the header display of filenames? If looking at the raw data or preview there might yet have no decoding been done which would be quite normal. The most relevant result should always be to display them properly from the final message in their respective application's viewer at the receiver's end or in yours including Pegasus Mail's editor or reader/renderer. Anything in between might just be intermediate states of data you see, i.e. work in progress.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
edited Jul 31 '22 at 5:45 pm

I'm talking about the filenames. Nothing else. All I see is some accented English vowels.
I did not have this problem with version 4.70 nor in 4.21c. See filename in the enclosed image.

62e6e6a9540cf

I'm talking about the filenames. Nothing else. All I see is some accented English vowels. I did not have this problem with version 4.70 nor in 4.21c. See filename in the enclosed image. ![62e6e6a9540cf](serve/attachment&path=62e6e6a9540cf)

I did not have this problem with version 4.70 nor in 4.21c. See filename in the enclosed image.

Ok, now we're getting to the point: Lots of things have changed since the versions you mentioned were created including Windows (i.e. all versions) becoming fully Unicode based and Pegasus Mail supporting different sreen resolutions and character sets. Now it would be more interesting to know whether this changed when updating from 4.73 to 4.8 because that's when David Harris reworked the screen resolution support. Email message character sets shouldn't have a bearing on your issue but you're system's default font set for controls like Window captions, menus, buttons, lists (like in a file explorer window) etc. might have one. I guess I can get a more or less quick answer from David Harris about this, but: I assume you're using PM v4.8 now, is that correct? On which Windows version?

[quote="pid:54202, uid:27257"]I did not have this problem with version 4.70 nor in 4.21c. See filename in the enclosed image.[/quote] Ok, now we're getting to the point: Lots of things have changed since the versions you mentioned were created including Windows (i.e. all versions) becoming fully Unicode based and Pegasus Mail supporting different sreen resolutions and character sets. Now it would be more interesting to know whether this changed when updating from 4.73 to 4.8 because that's when David Harris reworked the screen resolution support. Email message character sets shouldn't have a bearing on your issue but you're system's default font set for controls like Window captions, menus, buttons, lists (like in a file explorer window) etc. might have one. I guess I can get a more or less quick answer from David Harris about this, but: I assume you're using PM v4.8 now, is that correct? On which Windows version?
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
edited Aug 1 '22 at 12:51 am

Yes, I'm using 4.8 which I updated from 4.7 on Windows 7. I very much appreciate your getting to the bottom of this issue.

Yes, I'm using 4.8 which I updated from 4.7 on Windows 7. I very much appreciate your getting to the bottom of this issue.

I think Mr. Harris has added the UTF-8 support to the message body, but the Header lines don't fully support it, as probable filenames for attachments. So the multi-byte utf-8 codes get converted to various weird characters.

I think Mr. Harris has added the UTF-8 support to the message body, but the Header lines don't fully support it, as probable filenames for attachments. So the multi-byte utf-8 codes get converted to various weird characters.

mikes@guam.net

In other words, it cannot be changed until the next version?

MosDavid Harris has been notified about it and

Looks like that's true, David Harris has been notified and said he would look into it.

MosDavid Harris has been notified about it and [quote="pid:54208, uid:27257"]In other words, it cannot be changed until the next version?[/quote] Looks like that's true, David Harris has been notified and said he would look into it.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Oh, well. I guess I'll have to wait. In the meantime, in 4.8 incoming Hebrew headers, Subject and From, often arrive in Chinese, and attachments names with weird characters.

Thank you very much for your quick responses and all the best.

By the way, is there a way to be notified of a new version?

Oh, well. I guess I'll have to wait. In the meantime, in 4.8 incoming Hebrew headers, Subject and From, often arrive in Chinese, and attachments names with weird characters. Thank you very much for your quick responses and all the best. By the way, is there a way to be notified of a new version?

By the way, is there a way to be notified of a new version?

It would be posted in the Announcements category. Setting its notification level to 3 would get you an email notice of each new posts there.

[quote="pid:54216, uid:27257"]By the way, is there a way to be notified of a new version?[/quote] It would be posted in the Announcements category. Setting its notification level to 3 would get you an email notice of each new posts there.

Oh, well. I guess I'll have to wait. In the meantime, in 4.8 incoming Hebrew headers, Subject and From, often arrive in Chinese, and attachments names with weird characters.

No, no, no, please be exact with what you're referring to: Headers, Subject and From are displayed in various places and may be corrupted due to different issues, so what exactly do you mean this time? Header display in the message reader, header display in common folders or header display in the new mail folder? They all have their own processing issues, some are affected by the header encoding being chosen by the sender, some cannot be fixed in the short run because the underlying data storage doesn't currently support it and some might be fixable in the short run. If you want David Harris to fix them all we really need an exact description of where you encounter which issue and maybe a couple of sample messages (I'll get back to you if needed).

[quote="pid:54216, uid:27257"]Oh, well. I guess I'll have to wait. In the meantime, in 4.8 incoming Hebrew headers, Subject and From, often arrive in Chinese, and attachments names with weird characters.[/quote] No, no, no, please be exact with what you're referring to: Headers, Subject and From are displayed in various places and may be corrupted due to different issues, so what exactly do you mean this time? Header display in the message reader, header display in common folders or header display in the new mail folder? They all have their own processing issues, some are affected by the header encoding being chosen by the sender, some cannot be fixed in the short run because the underlying data storage doesn't _currently_ support it and some might be fixable in the short run. If you want David Harris to fix them all we really need an exact description of where you encounter which issue and maybe a couple of sample messages (I'll get back to you if needed).
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Thank you Brian for the Email Notification advice.

Thank you Brian for the Email Notification advice.

Thank you, Michael. Actually there are several issues which I hadn't noticed earlier. I just recently updated to 4.8 so I didn't come across all the problems.
While Hebrew attachments filenames sending and receiving problem is all the time, but, as I said, they do come through properly in the Save folder.

Headers, Subject and From in the New Mail Folder happens too but not always, even from the same senders. Mostly I would see the name and subject in Hebrew, but sometimes in Chinese or weird English vowels.

Thank you, Michael. Actually there are several issues which I hadn't noticed earlier. I just recently updated to 4.8 so I didn't come across all the problems. While Hebrew attachments filenames sending and receiving problem is all the time, but, as I said, they do come through properly in the Save folder. Headers, Subject and From in the New Mail Folder happens too but not always, even from the same senders. Mostly I would see the name and subject in Hebrew, but sometimes in Chinese or weird English vowels.

Headers, Subject and From in the New Mail Folder happens too but not always, even from the same senders. Mostly I would see the name and subject in Hebrew, but sometimes in Chinese or weird English vowels.

Header decoding failure (not regarding the filenames!) in a reader window or new mail folder should only happen if there's an issue with the sender's encoding. If it occurs in any other folder display it's the folder database issue I mentioned and cannot be fixed in the short run. Filename decoding issues should not be mixed up with this, it's a different kind of issues occurring in different places (attachment panes you have to actively switch to for seeing them). Please keep these two categories apart when posting your issues, it's really important for fixing.

[quote="pid:54221, uid:27257"]Headers, Subject and From in the New Mail Folder happens too but not always, even from the same senders. Mostly I would see the name and subject in Hebrew, but sometimes in Chinese or weird English vowels.[/quote] Header decoding failure (_not_ regarding the filenames!) in a reader window or new mail folder should only happen if there's an issue with the sender's encoding. If it occurs in any other folder display it's the folder database issue I mentioned and cannot be fixed in the short run. _Filename_ decoding issues should not be mixed up with this, it's a different kind of issues occurring in different places (attachment panes you have to actively switch to for seeing them). Please keep these two categories apart when posting your issues, it's really important for fixing.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

UTF-8 has about 120,000+ characters in it, but of course each font doesn't support all of those characters.
Pegasus has some places you can select what font to use, but many come from systems settings that Pegasus Takes...

An example of some that you can control.
In preview mode. You can go to Folders Fonts and it has three options you can set.
List of Folders
List of Messages
Preview Area

On my machine I have these set to:
DejaVu Serif 16
DejaVu Serif 16
FreeSerif 12

Had some messages I got that incorrectly displayed UTF-8 characters, actually got empty little boxes. Tried a bunch of fonts, and the FreeSerif seemed to handle them the best for me, but you might not have that, or some other font might work better for you.

UTF-8 has about 120,000+ characters in it, but of course each font doesn't support all of those characters. Pegasus has some places you can select what font to use, but many come from systems settings that Pegasus Takes... An example of some that you can control. In preview mode. You can go to Folders Fonts and it has three options you can set. List of Folders List of Messages Preview Area On my machine I have these set to: DejaVu Serif 16 DejaVu Serif 16 FreeSerif 12 Had some messages I got that incorrectly displayed UTF-8 characters, actually got empty little boxes. Tried a bunch of fonts, and the FreeSerif seemed to handle them the best for me, but you might not have that, or some other font might work better for you.

mikes@guam.net

Don't have knowledge of what characters Hebrew uses.
Had an issue with some files that had UTF-8 characters, and in testing created a file with all the UTF-8 characters I could find. Had to combine it all into one file.
521848 Apr 18 14:27 utf-8codeslook.xz
4526228 Apr 18 14:27 utf-8codeslook.csv
$ wc -l utf-8codeslook.csv
122357 utf-8codeslook.csv

Have a program called
3598 Jun 10 08:41 findnoascii.cpp
That looks at file and creates two report files
Example: uog.csv is data extracted from University of Guam Campus Directory.
83930 Aug 3 11:21 uog.csv
Running program on that file produces to files.
301 Aug 4 03:38 uog.csv.out
248 Aug 4 03:38 uog.csv.out-sum

uog.csv.out has the line in file that have UTF-8 characters
128 28 c3b1 [ñ]
128 70 c3b1 [ñ]
263 15 c3a5 [å]
296 16 c3b1 [ñ]
296 26 c3b1 [ñ]
331 19 c381 [Á]
331 30 c3b1 [ñ]
331 50 c381 [Á]
331 61 c3b1 [ñ]
559 100 e28093 [–]
uog.csv.out-sum has a summary of data with long descriptions
2 c381 [Á] LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A WITH ACUTE (U+00C1)
1 c3a5 [å] LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH RING ABOVE (U+00E5)
6 c3b1 [ñ] LATIN SMALL LETTER N WITH TILDE (U+00F1)
1 e28093 [–] EN DASH (U+2013)

In this case all characters seem to show correctly, don't know if Hebrew would??
Would be interesting to see what it would report on a Hebrew file.

Doesn't help with the Pegasus issue, but would at least show what characters are involved, and might help discover a font that would support most of the characters used.

Don't have knowledge of what characters Hebrew uses. Had an issue with some files that had UTF-8 characters, and in testing created a file with all the UTF-8 characters I could find. Had to combine it all into one file. 521848 Apr 18 14:27 utf-8codeslook.xz 4526228 Apr 18 14:27 utf-8codeslook.csv $ wc -l utf-8codeslook.csv 122357 utf-8codeslook.csv Have a program called 3598 Jun 10 08:41 findnoascii.cpp That looks at file and creates two report files Example: uog.csv is data extracted from University of Guam Campus Directory. 83930 Aug 3 11:21 uog.csv Running program on that file produces to files. 301 Aug 4 03:38 uog.csv.out 248 Aug 4 03:38 uog.csv.out-sum uog.csv.out has the line in file that have UTF-8 characters 128 28 c3b1 [ñ] 128 70 c3b1 [ñ] 263 15 c3a5 [å] 296 16 c3b1 [ñ] 296 26 c3b1 [ñ] 331 19 c381 [Á] 331 30 c3b1 [ñ] 331 50 c381 [Á] 331 61 c3b1 [ñ] 559 100 e28093 [–] uog.csv.out-sum has a summary of data with long descriptions 2 c381 [Á] LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A WITH ACUTE (U+00C1) 1 c3a5 [å] LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH RING ABOVE (U+00E5) 6 c3b1 [ñ] LATIN SMALL LETTER N WITH TILDE (U+00F1) 1 e28093 [–] EN DASH (U+2013) In this case all characters seem to show correctly, don't know if Hebrew would?? Would be interesting to see what it would report on a Hebrew file. Doesn't help with the Pegasus issue, but would at least show what characters are involved, and might help discover a font that would support most of the characters used.

mikes@guam.net

As per your suggestion I went to the uog.csv.out site and links. Boy are they confusing. I would need hours or even days to go through it. Would you be able to give me the exact link where the font can be tested?

The Folder / Font option is useful but in order to test it I have to wait to receive an email with a heading that has weird characters. As I said, most of the time it's fine.

Another interesting issue I came across in this new version 4.8 which I didn't have before: It's not possible to copy text from an email from any folder, whether from the New Mail Folder or Saved Folders, whether I send it or received it, into Microsoft Word. The only solution I found is to copy the text into a new Pegasus message or into a txt file and then copy that into Word.

As per your suggestion I went to the uog.csv.out site and links. Boy are they confusing. I would need hours or even days to go through it. Would you be able to give me the exact link where the font can be tested? The Folder / Font option is useful but in order to test it I have to wait to receive an email with a heading that has weird characters. As I said, most of the time it's fine. Another interesting issue I came across in this new version 4.8 which I didn't have before: It's not possible to copy text from an email from any folder, whether from the New Mail Folder or Saved Folders, whether I send it or received it, into Microsoft Word. The only solution I found is to copy the text into a new Pegasus message or into a txt file and then copy that into Word.

I've put files on my ftp server
Use anonymous ftp to setzco.dyndns.org
I generally use ncftp since many browsers have dropped ftp support.
The file utf-8codeslook.csv is the text file with data
The file utf-8codeslook.xz is same file compressed with xz
4526228 Apr 18 14:27 utf-8codeslook.csv
521848 Apr 18 14:27 utf-8codeslook.xz

findnoascii linux executible file
14792 Aug 4 06:25 findnoascii
source code
3598 Jun 10 08:41 findnoascii.cpp
Windows/Dos executable created with mingw compiler on linux
76800 Aug 4 06:25 findnoascii.exe

My site only has a 2M outgoing, so might take some time. Have 50M incoming.
So only need the csv or xz file and the exe to run.
findnoascii.exe filename
That will create filename.out and filename.out-sum

Should report the utf-8 characters.

If utf-8 characters are encoded, might need to tweak file?

I've put files on my ftp server Use anonymous ftp to setzco.dyndns.org I generally use ncftp since many browsers have dropped ftp support. The file utf-8codeslook.csv is the text file with data The file utf-8codeslook.xz is same file compressed with xz 4526228 Apr 18 14:27 utf-8codeslook.csv 521848 Apr 18 14:27 utf-8codeslook.xz findnoascii linux executible file 14792 Aug 4 06:25 findnoascii source code 3598 Jun 10 08:41 findnoascii.cpp Windows/Dos executable created with mingw compiler on linux 76800 Aug 4 06:25 findnoascii.exe My site only has a 2M outgoing, so might take some time. Have 50M incoming. So only need the csv or xz file and the exe to run. findnoascii.exe filename That will create filename.out and filename.out-sum Should report the utf-8 characters. If utf-8 characters are encoded, might need to tweak file?

mikes@guam.net

Another interesting issue I came across in this new version 4.8 which I didn't have before: It's not possible to copy text from an email from any folder, whether from the New Mail Folder or Saved Folders, whether I send it or received it, into Microsoft Word. The only solution I found is to copy the text into a new Pegasus message or into a txt file and then copy that into Word.

MS vs. MS, this is really a pretty weird issue and I have absolutely no idea where it comes from exactly: Since I don't have, nor use nor will ever buy MSO for any purpose ever I can't test myself (which wouldn't help a lot either because how to debug MSO?), but I can at least say that MS WordPad (Word's little sister available on all Windows versions so at least up to 10) doesn't have such an issue.
And LibreOffice has an issue but that's already known for years and still not really fixed, I've recently added my 2 cents to their bug database: It only pastes in RichText (that's what it's about) clipboard contents from IE (and in our case IER) once per document in their "Writer" module. There's no such issue in their "Calc" (spreadsheets) and "Impress" (presentations) modules, they do it repeatedly without issues. In Writer you can still use other paste options like plain text or HTML from their context menu, though, and I would expect MSO to provide such options as well ...
Some more background info is that IE used to provide it's own (pretty bad) HTML to RTF converter (RTF is an MS invention, BTW) which its new Browser doesn't provide anymore, and I'm now replacing it with the RichText converter coming with Pegasus Mail's third party TER/HTS converter which also enables pasting formatted contents from other browsers into Pegasus Mail (not being perfect either, of course, tables an images are the ususal problems). Side effect is apparently MSO having issues with their own creation when coming via clipboard ...

[quote="pid:54233, uid:27257"]Another interesting issue I came across in this new version 4.8 which I didn't have before: It's not possible to copy text from an email from any folder, whether from the New Mail Folder or Saved Folders, whether I send it or received it, into Microsoft Word. The only solution I found is to copy the text into a new Pegasus message or into a txt file and then copy that into Word.[/quote] MS vs. MS, this is really a pretty weird issue and I have absolutely no idea where it comes from exactly: Since I don't have, nor use nor will ever buy MSO for any purpose ever I can't test myself (which wouldn't help a lot either because how to debug MSO?), but I can at least say that MS WordPad (Word's little sister available on all Windows versions so at least up to 10) doesn't have such an issue. And LibreOffice has an issue but that's already known for years and still not really fixed, I've recently added my 2 cents to their bug database: It only pastes in RichText (that's what it's about) clipboard contents from IE (and in our case IER) once per document in their "Writer" module. There's no such issue in their "Calc" (spreadsheets) and "Impress" (presentations) modules, they do it repeatedly without issues. In Writer you can still use other paste options like plain text or HTML from their context menu, though, and I would expect MSO to provide such options as well ... Some more background info is that IE used to provide it's own (pretty bad) HTML to RTF converter (RTF is an MS invention, BTW) which its new Browser doesn't provide anymore, and I'm now replacing it with the RichText converter coming with Pegasus Mail's third party TER/HTS converter which also enables pasting formatted contents from other browsers into Pegasus Mail (not being perfect either, of course, tables an images are the ususal problems). Side effect is apparently MSO having issues with their own creation when coming via clipboard ...
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Interesting? Just did a test of copying from a message from the Pegasus Mail list.
Did a simple Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C.

Was able to paste it in Libreoffice Writer 7.3
Used Ctrl-V no problem
Used Ctrl-V with RTF option no problem
Used Ctrl-V with unformatted text.

Also did same with Writer 7.2 and no issues.

Pasted same things in Calc using all the options with no problems.
Again, was just a basic message.

03 August 2022 at 14:14, Brian Fluet wrote:
PMAIL Single vs Muli user installat (at least in part)

On 3 Aug 2022 at 12:04, Michael D. Setzer II wrote:

I've used Pegasus going back to the Dos version on
Novell 2.2 servers. Don't recall when they made change
from mail being in C:\PMAIL\MAIL to
C:\PMAIL\MAIL\user directory, and ADMIN was default.

Just an aside, "if" you have / had any other HIERARCH (that has worked for you)
you can move it on as you upgrade hardware and/or OS

I have since day one (back in DOS Peg ver 2.x days) used

WINPMAIL.EXE directory: D:\<MyDir>\Mail
Home mailbox location: D:\<MyDir>\MAIL\<MyMailUserDir>
New mailbox location: D:\<MyDir>\MAIL\<MyMailUserDir>

On some boxes D:\ is (on can be) Z:\

But I am using Linux, so don't have some of the MS issues.
What versions of libreoffice have you tried?
I've got the 7.3 version. (Actually 7.3.5.2)
They have a 7.4 in beta, but haven't looked at it.

Their process to send document via email doesn't work with Pegasus, but created a simple macro that does work. Should work in windows just use C:\PMAIL\Programs\WSENTO.EXE instead of linux path to it.

Sub Mailto
Dim oDoc As Object
Dim Path$, sendto$,cmd$,space$
oDoc = ThisComponent
Path$ = mid(oDoc.getURL(),8,100)
space$=" "
cmd$="wine64 /home/msetzerii/.wine/drive_c/PMAIL/Programs/WSENDTO.EXE"&space$
sendto$ = InputBox ("Enter TO: address(s)/Subject ","Enter TO: / Subject"smile
If oDoc.HasLocation() Then
sendto$=replace(sendto$,"/","?subject=",1,1)
sendto$=replace(sendto$," ","%20"smile
cmd$=cmd$&Path$&space$&"mailto:"&sendto$&"&body=SENDING%20"&Path$
print cmd$
shell(cmd$)
Else
Print "The document has not yet been stored"
End If
End Sub

Have another one that creates a pdf file of current document to send, but that code is lot more.

Interesting? Just did a test of copying from a message from the Pegasus Mail list. Did a simple Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C. Was able to paste it in Libreoffice Writer 7.3 Used Ctrl-V no problem Used Ctrl-V with RTF option no problem Used Ctrl-V with unformatted text. Also did same with Writer 7.2 and no issues. Pasted same things in Calc using all the options with no problems. Again, was just a basic message. 03 August 2022 at 14:14, Brian Fluet wrote: PMAIL Single vs Muli user installat (at least in part) &gt;On 3 Aug 2022 at 12:04, Michael D. Setzer II wrote: &gt; &gt;&gt; I&#039;ve used Pegasus going back to the Dos version on &gt;&gt; Novell 2.2 servers. Don&#039;t recall when they made change &gt;&gt; from mail being in C:\PMAIL\MAIL to &gt;&gt; C:\PMAIL\MAIL\user directory, and ADMIN was default. Just an aside, &quot;if&quot; you have / had any other HIERARCH (that has worked for you) you can move it on as you upgrade hardware and/or OS I have since day one (back in DOS Peg ver 2.x days) used WINPMAIL.EXE directory: D:\&lt;MyDir&gt;\Mail Home mailbox location: D:\&lt;MyDir&gt;\MAIL\&lt;MyMailUserDir&gt; New mailbox location: D:\&lt;MyDir&gt;\MAIL\&lt;MyMailUserDir&gt; On some boxes D:\ is (on can be) Z:\ But I am using Linux, so don&#039;t have some of the MS issues. What versions of libreoffice have you tried? I&#039;ve got the 7.3 version. (Actually 7.3.5.2) They have a 7.4 in beta, but haven&#039;t looked at it. Their process to send document via email doesn&#039;t work with Pegasus, but created a simple macro that does work. Should work in windows just use C:\PMAIL\Programs\WSENTO.EXE instead of linux path to it. Sub Mailto Dim oDoc As Object Dim Path$, sendto$,cmd$,space$ oDoc = ThisComponent Path$ = mid(oDoc.getURL(),8,100) space$=&quot; &quot; cmd$=&quot;wine64 /home/msetzerii/.wine/drive_c/PMAIL/Programs/WSENDTO.EXE&quot;&amp;space$ sendto$ = InputBox (&quot;Enter TO: address(s)/Subject &quot;,&quot;Enter TO: / Subject&quot;) If oDoc.HasLocation() Then sendto$=replace(sendto$,&quot;/&quot;,&quot;?subject=&quot;,1,1) sendto$=replace(sendto$,&quot; &quot;,&quot;%20&quot;) cmd$=cmd$&amp;Path$&amp;space$&amp;&quot;mailto:&quot;&amp;sendto$&amp;&quot;&amp;body=SENDING%20&quot;&amp;Path$ print cmd$ shell(cmd$) Else Print &quot;The document has not yet been stored&quot; End If End Sub Have another one that creates a pdf file of current document to send, but that code is lot more.

mikes@guam.net

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft