Community Discussions and Support
Font size

http://setzco.dyndns.org:8081/findnoascii.zip
Made findnoascii.zip with source exe and csv file
Is about 1.2M since zip isn't a good as xz, but most people have zip support.
Not sure which versions of windows support or don't support it.

http://setzco.dyndns.org:8081/findnoascii.zip Made findnoascii.zip with source exe and csv file Is about 1.2M since zip isn't a good as xz, but most people have zip support. Not sure which versions of windows support or don't support it.

mikes@guam.net

Their process to send document via email doesn't work with Pegasus, but created a simple macro that does work. Should work in windows just use C:\PMAIL\Programs\WSENTO.EXE instead of linux path to it.

Haven't tested with Win10 - or maybe need to reconfirm, but there's no macro required on Windows, just run Pegasus Mail's own Tools => Options => Hyperlinks => System mailer option and LibreOffice will use the system default which will be WSENTO then. This is all with LO 7.2.7.2 on Win7, the copy/paste issue as well.

[quote="pid:54236, uid:2546"]Their process to send document via email doesn't work with Pegasus, but created a simple macro that does work. Should work in windows just use C:\PMAIL\Programs\WSENTO.EXE instead of linux path to it.[/quote] Haven't tested with Win10 - or maybe need to reconfirm, but there's no macro required on Windows, just run Pegasus Mail's own Tools => Options => Hyperlinks => System mailer option and LibreOffice will use the system default which will be WSENTO then. This is all with LO 7.2.7.2 on Win7, the copy/paste issue as well.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

The Send >Email functions work fine for me with Libre Office on Win10 as does pasting content copied from Pegasus Mail. As Michael mentioned, the context menu > Paste special option is required for some formatted pastes. Remote graphics that were downloaded will not copy and in some of my tests the paste failed when the copied content included a remote graphic.

The Send >Email functions work fine for me with Libre Office on Win10 as does pasting content copied from Pegasus Mail. As Michael mentioned, the context menu > Paste special option is required for some formatted pastes. Remote graphics that were downloaded will not copy and in some of my tests the paste failed when the copied content included a remote graphic.

Remote graphics that were downloaded will not copy and in some of my tests the paste failed when the copied content included a remote graphic.

Just had another interesting experience with downoaded remote graphics which I copied from a newsletter in Pegasus Mail: Although they didn't show up in LO Writer when pasted they did in Pegasus Mail's editor (seems I forgot about implementing that among all the fixes I always have to apply smile )! With regard to the coding details: I'm creating embedded PNGs for inserting the pictures without linking the message to external files which is why they are even displayed in the editor as soon as they are inserted. Looks like at least some of my attempts are successful one in a while ... smile

[quote="pid:54244, uid:28772"]Remote graphics that were downloaded will not copy and in some of my tests the paste failed when the copied content included a remote graphic.[/quote] Just had another interesting experience with downoaded remote graphics which I copied from a newsletter in Pegasus Mail: Although they didn't show up in LO Writer when pasted they did in Pegasus Mail's editor (seems I forgot about implementing that among all the fixes I always have to apply ;) )! With regard to the coding details: I'm creating embedded PNGs for inserting the pictures without linking the message to external files which is why they are even displayed in the editor as soon as they are inserted. Looks like at least _some_ of my attempts are successful one in a while ... :)
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Just to clarify. The mailto with libreoffice on linux doesn't work as is to wsentdo. Think it is because it is being processed by a script called xdg-email that has options for a number of possible linux email mailto options, but of course Pegasus isn't one, so it defaults to a generic one that does work.

In the libreoffice I set config option to use wsendto as internet email, but it calls that xdg-email script.

Found if I replace the xdg-email script with this the option would work.
The parameter is passed with file:// with the linux path that the wsendto doesn't like. By just removing the file:// the wsendto would work.

WSENDTO.EXE $(echo "$1" |sed 's_^.*file://__g'smile

Note for some reason this setup is change right parentheses to a smiley face??

Didn't know if anything else might use the xdg-email, so I restored the original setup, and created the script, and added option to pass subject and body info.

With firefox I had no issue with getting wsendto to work for mailto links.

Just to clarify. The mailto with libreoffice on linux doesn't work as is to wsentdo. Think it is because it is being processed by a script called xdg-email that has options for a number of possible linux email mailto options, but of course Pegasus isn't one, so it defaults to a generic one that does work. In the libreoffice I set config option to use wsendto as internet email, but it calls that xdg-email script. Found if I replace the xdg-email script with this the option would work. The parameter is passed with file:// with the linux path that the wsendto doesn't like. By just removing the file:// the wsendto would work. WSENDTO.EXE $(echo "$1" |sed 's_^.*file://__g') Note for some reason this setup is change right parentheses to a smiley face?? Didn't know if anything else might use the xdg-email, so I restored the original setup, and created the script, and added option to pass subject and body info. With firefox I had no issue with getting wsendto to work for mailto links.

mikes@guam.net

Looked at stuff again.
Libreoffice calls the xdg-email script even thou the option has internet email set to wsendto.

/usr/bin/xdg-email mailto:?subject=testemail&attach=file:///tmp/lu141945u5kbd.tmp/lu141945u5kbh.tmp/testemail.odt

The libreoffice sends the mailto line with subject being name of file without extension, and then path to a copy it makes of the file??

Seems the &attach option isn't supported by wsendto it wants file to be first option.

Not sure what windows version of libreoffice passes to wsendto.

Looked at stuff again. Libreoffice calls the xdg-email script even thou the option has internet email set to wsendto. /usr/bin/xdg-email mailto:?subject=testemail&attach=file:///tmp/lu141945u5kbd.tmp/lu141945u5kbh.tmp/testemail.odt The libreoffice sends the mailto line with subject being name of file without extension, and then path to a copy it makes of the file?? Seems the &attach option isn't supported by wsendto it wants file to be first option. Not sure what windows version of libreoffice passes to wsendto.

mikes@guam.net

Tried a strange test.
Took an email that had graphic.
Did option to how graphics.
Did a copy and paste into libreoffice writer and got html source code.
Looked in the Temp directory and found the processed file created by pegasus
WPM$Z9YX.PM$

Did a conversion to get something closer. convert doesn't work unless extension is htm

cp WPM\$Z9YX.PM\$ WPMZ9YX.htm
soffice --headless --convert-to odt:writerweb8_writer WPMZ9YX.htm
libreoffice WPMZ9YX.htm

Formatting isn't 100% but close.

Interesting. If you have Pegasus view in browser, it create a file with the .HTM extension that is exactly the same as .PM$ one.

Get better result viewing in browser (firefox) and copying that to libreoffice..
But interesting.

Tried a strange test. Took an email that had graphic. Did option to how graphics. Did a copy and paste into libreoffice writer and got html source code. Looked in the Temp directory and found the processed file created by pegasus WPM$Z9YX.PM$ Did a conversion to get something closer. convert doesn't work unless extension is htm cp WPM\$Z9YX.PM\$ WPMZ9YX.htm soffice --headless --convert-to odt:writerweb8_writer WPMZ9YX.htm libreoffice WPMZ9YX.htm Formatting isn't 100% but close. Interesting. If you have Pegasus view in browser, it create a file with the .HTM extension that is exactly the same as .PM$ one. Get better result viewing in browser (firefox) and copying that to libreoffice.. But interesting.

mikes@guam.net

Note for some reason this setup is change right parentheses to a smiley face??

It's the semicolon + parentheses: Just noticed that it can be avoided by using use the Code Block icon from the editor's toolbar:

;););)
[quote="pid:54247, uid:2546"]Note for some reason this setup is change right parentheses to a smiley face??[/quote] It's the semicolon + parentheses: Just noticed that it can be avoided by using use the Code Block icon from the editor's toolbar: ```` ;););) ````
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

setzco.dyndns.org "This site can’t be reached"

Correct, text from Pegasus to LibreOffice and WordPad work well too but I basically use MS. Think it's worthwhile changing to LO?
Curious, what's the reason you're so anti MS?

setzco.dyndns.org "This site can’t be reached" Correct, text from Pegasus to LibreOffice and WordPad work well too but I basically use MS. Think it's worthwhile changing to LO? Curious, what's the reason you're so anti MS?

First: http://setzco.dyndns.org:8081/findnoascii.zip is the link. My ISP blocks port 80 for non-static IP addresses. My IP address remains the same for about 3 or more years now, but it isn't in the IP block, so run the web server on port 8081 instead of port 80. Also, it is http not https, so sometimes browsers try to make the connection via https even when one enters http:.

When I was still teaching at the College (retired after 36+ years) had an http and ftp servers running on there network. The ftp works on standard port, but now many browsers have blocked or stop supporting ftp.

Not super anti-M$, but have worked with lots of other OS's over years and seen many things push the Only One OS of Windows. Started in mid 70's with an IBM 1130 with 4K of Ram, 5M removable disk, punched cards, and no crt. Teletype terminal and 132 line printer. Single user machine. That was High school and only computer in whole school system.
Later worked on IBM System 34, 96K Ram and 63.9M disk. 8" Diskettes. Had 12 terminals (Green Screen 12"smile IBM 5251s and also IBM 5252s that gave half screens to users...
First, PC was a Heathkit h120 with Amber monitor and dual 320K floppiies. (Zenith Dos version 1.01 I think). 20M hard disk was a $2000 at on at time.
College eventually upgraded to an AS/400, first one had 8192M of Ram and 640M of disk space. Also got 8088 PCs and Novell 2.2 Network that connect with AS/400 via gateways that supported 21 terminals. Later go a new AS/400 with 256M of Ram and bigger disk. College also got more PC labs and had them all interconnected using Novell Servers and Had Pegasus supported Email to all users.
Most labs MS OS only, but for a long time support other apps as well, but eventually got MIS admin that was an only MS OS person. Got rid of the Novell servers, but didn't continue email support at all, so Pegasus died, and all email went to outside Web based. He didn't want to bother with supporting anything. could go on.
But I'm been a Linux/Unix/AS400 user for long time, and like the multiple options. Had Unixware, Redhat, and have done Fedora from beginning to the latest Fedora 35. Had my lab with windows 10 and Fedora up till I retired, but heard it all went away once I retired. No one in MIS would support anything but Windows... Also, used Linux for most of my classes, and the Linux compilers..
So, not a fan of M$ power over users, and users acceptance of it for most part. Pegasus is one of those thing not following the M$ solution. Like Mr. Harris early statement, he was looking for email solution, and found companies wanted $20,000 for a solution, so he wrote his own, and gave it away. Old Pegasus Mail for DOS.. Like open source, and prefer it. Last windows I bought was XP, thou did use it up to 10 with college machine. Last AS/400 was never updated by college, since MIS head didn't like anything non-M$. Got in a program with IBM, and they gave us free access to a huge AS/400 in Arizona that had 2TB of Ram and 48 CPUs. Guam was 61st college in program. System had all the latest software, and students could access it from any web connected machine.
But that also was killed after I retired. Now if is all M$ only, except for Visual communications department that is Mac. Well went on way to long. Have a nice day.

First: http://setzco.dyndns.org:8081/findnoascii.zip is the link. My ISP blocks port 80 for non-static IP addresses. My IP address remains the same for about 3 or more years now, but it isn't in the IP block, so run the web server on port 8081 instead of port 80. Also, it is http not https, so sometimes browsers try to make the connection via https even when one enters http:. When I was still teaching at the College (retired after 36+ years) had an http and ftp servers running on there network. The ftp works on standard port, but now many browsers have blocked or stop supporting ftp. Not super anti-M$, but have worked with lots of other OS's over years and seen many things push the Only One OS of Windows. Started in mid 70's with an IBM 1130 with 4K of Ram, 5M removable disk, punched cards, and no crt. Teletype terminal and 132 line printer. Single user machine. That was High school and only computer in whole school system. Later worked on IBM System 34, 96K Ram and 63.9M disk. 8" Diskettes. Had 12 terminals (Green Screen 12") IBM 5251s and also IBM 5252s that gave half screens to users... First, PC was a Heathkit h120 with Amber monitor and dual 320K floppiies. (Zenith Dos version 1.01 I think). 20M hard disk was a $2000 at on at time. College eventually upgraded to an AS/400, first one had 8192M of Ram and 640M of disk space. Also got 8088 PCs and Novell 2.2 Network that connect with AS/400 via gateways that supported 21 terminals. Later go a new AS/400 with 256M of Ram and bigger disk. College also got more PC labs and had them all interconnected using Novell Servers and Had Pegasus supported Email to all users. Most labs MS OS only, but for a long time support other apps as well, but eventually got MIS admin that was an only MS OS person. Got rid of the Novell servers, but didn't continue email support at all, so Pegasus died, and all email went to outside Web based. He didn't want to bother with supporting anything. could go on. But I'm been a Linux/Unix/AS400 user for long time, and like the multiple options. Had Unixware, Redhat, and have done Fedora from beginning to the latest Fedora 35. Had my lab with windows 10 and Fedora up till I retired, but heard it all went away once I retired. No one in MIS would support anything but Windows... Also, used Linux for most of my classes, and the Linux compilers.. So, not a fan of M$ power over users, and users acceptance of it for most part. Pegasus is one of those thing not following the M$ solution. Like Mr. Harris early statement, he was looking for email solution, and found companies wanted $20,000 for a solution, so he wrote his own, and gave it away. Old Pegasus Mail for DOS.. Like open source, and prefer it. Last windows I bought was XP, thou did use it up to 10 with college machine. Last AS/400 was never updated by college, since MIS head didn't like anything non-M$. Got in a program with IBM, and they gave us free access to a huge AS/400 in Arizona that had 2TB of Ram and 48 CPUs. Guam was 61st college in program. System had all the latest software, and students could access it from any web connected machine. But that also was killed after I retired. Now if is all M$ only, except for Visual communications department that is Mac. Well went on way to long. Have a nice day.

mikes@guam.net

Curious, what's the reason you're so anti MS?

Like @msetzerii, I feel MS is too controlling. AFAIK, you can't buy an MS Office Suite or just Word and Excel. They are forcing the subscription model and the use of cloud storage. Those of us who want just local storage must figure out how to accomplish that. Heck, Win11 almost forces you to have an MS account to use it. You MUST have an MS account when setting it up unless you know the trick of setting it up while it isn't connected to the internet. That is the only way I know of to create a local user account. Once you accomplish that you then get to deal with the 'reminders' to set up an MS account. Besides, LO is free. Donations can be made; you free to determine your perceived value.

[quote="pid:54251, uid:27257"]Curious, what's the reason you're so anti MS?[/quote] Like @msetzerii, I feel MS is too controlling. AFAIK, you can't buy an MS Office Suite or just Word and Excel. They are forcing the subscription model and the use of cloud storage. Those of us who want just local storage must figure out how to accomplish that. Heck, Win11 almost forces you to have an MS account to use it. You MUST have an MS account when setting it up unless you know the trick of setting it up while it isn't connected to the internet. That is the only way I know of to create a local user account. Once you accomplish that you then get to deal with the 'reminders' to set up an MS account. Besides, LO is free. Donations can be made; you free to determine your perceived value.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft