Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus Mail freezes

Hi,

My Pegasus Mail app freezes with errors 0xc0000094 and 0xc000041d

I am running the latest version of PM on Windows 10 Pro system (with latest updates)

Hi, My Pegasus Mail app freezes with errors 0xc0000094 and 0xc000041d I am running the latest version of PM on Windows 10 Pro system (with latest updates)

You haven't provided us with any information from which we can help. Exception codes don't help without relevant information and even then they usually aren't of value other than to identify the executable that triggered the error.

What action causes the problem?
What executables are identified by the exception codes?
What version of Pegasus Mail?
What version of IERenderer?
Is the problem reproducible after the PC has been cold booted?
Anything else come to mind that might help us help you?

You haven't provided us with any information from which we can help. Exception codes don't help without relevant information and even then they usually aren't of value other than to identify the executable that triggered the error. What action causes the problem? What executables are identified by the exception codes? What version of Pegasus Mail? What version of IERenderer? Is the problem reproducible after the PC has been cold booted? Anything else come to mind that might help us help you?

Exact errors:

Faulting application name: winpm-32.exe, version: 4.8.0.1028, time stamp: 0x61e3dbc2
Faulting module name: IERenderer.dll, version: 2.6.5.18, time stamp: 0x62e72c89
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0013f81f
Faulting process id: 0x3648
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8a724d9202cc2
Faulting application path: C:\PMAIL\Programs\winpm-32.exe
Faulting module path: C:\PMAIL\Programs\IERenderer\IERenderer.dll
Report Id: 8a7ad099-f8e7-494c-bd0c-83824edd3b75
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: winpm-32.exe, version: 4.8.0.1028, time stamp: 0x61e3dbc2
Faulting module name: IERenderer.dll, version: 2.6.5.18, time stamp: 0x62e72c89
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0013f81f
Faulting process id: 0x3648
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8a724d9202cc2
Faulting module path: C:\PMAIL\Programs\IERenderer\IERenderer.dll
Report Id: 0688aeff-9909-4281-b29b-d537870c752e

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1826, time stamp: 0x617d5271
Exception code: 0x0eedfade
Fault offset: 0x0012ca42
Faulting process id: 0x4b94
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8a71fe500e931
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: e0b571d3-7bd7-4305-ae6e-f6c70ce88dcc

Faulting module name: winpm-32.exe, version: 4.8.0.1028, time stamp: 0x61e3dbc2
Exception code: 0xc0000094
Fault offset: 0x001ceaad
Faulting process id: 0x471c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8a673397e7d74
Faulting module path: C:\PMAIL\Programs\winpm-32.exe
Report Id: 8c0cfb7f-cfaa-4c99-9265-20e09ceace4e

Exact errors: Faulting application name: winpm-32.exe, version: 4.8.0.1028, time stamp: 0x61e3dbc2 Faulting module name: IERenderer.dll, version: 2.6.5.18, time stamp: 0x62e72c89 Exception code: 0xc000041d Fault offset: 0x0013f81f Faulting process id: 0x3648 Faulting application start time: 0x01d8a724d9202cc2 Faulting application path: C:\PMAIL\Programs\winpm-32.exe Faulting module path: C:\PMAIL\Programs\IERenderer\IERenderer.dll Report Id: 8a7ad099-f8e7-494c-bd0c-83824edd3b75 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID: Faulting application name: winpm-32.exe, version: 4.8.0.1028, time stamp: 0x61e3dbc2 Faulting module name: IERenderer.dll, version: 2.6.5.18, time stamp: 0x62e72c89 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x0013f81f Faulting process id: 0x3648 Faulting application start time: 0x01d8a724d9202cc2 Faulting application path: C:\PMAIL\Programs\winpm-32.exe Faulting module path: C:\PMAIL\Programs\IERenderer\IERenderer.dll Report Id: 0688aeff-9909-4281-b29b-d537870c752e Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID: Faulting application name: winpm-32.exe, version: 4.8.0.1028, time stamp: 0x61e3dbc2 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1826, time stamp: 0x617d5271 Exception code: 0x0eedfade Fault offset: 0x0012ca42 Faulting process id: 0x4b94 Faulting application start time: 0x01d8a71fe500e931 Faulting application path: C:\PMAIL\Programs\winpm-32.exe Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll Report Id: e0b571d3-7bd7-4305-ae6e-f6c70ce88dcc Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID: Faulting application name: winpm-32.exe, version: 4.8.0.1028, time stamp: 0x61e3dbc2 Faulting module name: winpm-32.exe, version: 4.8.0.1028, time stamp: 0x61e3dbc2 Exception code: 0xc0000094 Fault offset: 0x001ceaad Faulting process id: 0x471c Faulting application start time: 0x01d8a673397e7d74 Faulting application path: C:\PMAIL\Programs\winpm-32.exe Faulting module path: C:\PMAIL\Programs\winpm-32.exe Report Id: 8c0cfb7f-cfaa-4c99-9265-20e09ceace4e Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

Problem occurs with randomly viewing e-mails. We have most recent PM and IERenderer versions. Yes, after cold boot, the problem is repeatable.

Problem occurs with randomly viewing e-mails. We have most recent PM and IERenderer versions. Yes, after cold boot, the problem is repeatable.

Well, this isn't enough information either: What does "we" mean, is this a network install, are these reports from several users or only a single setup on a single machine? What does "randomly" mean? Does this occur with several messages in an unpredictable way or can it be duplicated with the same message? If it affects several messages, do they have something in common?

To me this sounds like a somehow broken installation, so how did you install Pegasus Mail? Is it a new install or an update? If the latter, did you copy an old one from another machine and do the update on top of it or copy an old mailbox into a new install?

[quote="pid:54223, uid:33363"]Problem occurs with randomly viewing e-mails. We have most recent PM and IERenderer versions. Yes, after cold boot, the problem is repeatable.[/quote] Well, this isn't enough information either: What does "we" mean, is this a network install, are these reports from several users or only a single setup on a single machine? What does "randomly" mean? Does this occur with several messages in an unpredictable way or can it be duplicated with the same message? If it affects several messages, do they have something in common? To me this sounds like a somehow broken installation, so how did you install Pegasus Mail? Is it a new install or an update? If the latter, did you copy an old one from another machine and do the update on top of it or copy an old mailbox into a new install?
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Pegasus Mail is on one computer only. Randomly means that i cant found any specific pattern, when it is crashing. It is occur with several messages in an unpredictable way. We can`t duplicated it with the same message.

It was an updated one, but i reinstalled it. I follow your instructions below:

1: Install Pegasus Mail normally on the new machine. Create a mailbox for yourself.

2: Run Pegasus Mail on the new machine, then without doing anything else, select "Help", then "About Pegasus Mail". Click the "Info" button, and find the entry in the list called "Home mailbox location". Note this directory down on a piece of paper, then cancel out of the dialog and quit from Pegasus Mail immediately.

3: Run Pegasus Mail on the old machine. Repeat the steps in (2), noting down your old mail directory.

4: Copy all the files from the directory you found in (3) into the directory you found in (2). The easiest way to do this is usually across a network if you have one, or via a PC-connection program such as PC-Anywhere, but you can also do it using floppies or backup programs.

The next time you run Pegasus Mail on the new machine, it should see all the same mail files and settings that you previously used on your old system.

_

Pegasus Mail is on one computer only. Randomly means that i cant found any specific pattern, when it is crashing. It is occur with several messages in an unpredictable way. We can`t duplicated it with the same message. It was an updated one, but i reinstalled it. I follow your instructions below: 1: Install Pegasus Mail normally on the new machine. Create a mailbox for yourself. 2: Run Pegasus Mail on the new machine, then without doing anything else, select "Help", then "About Pegasus Mail". Click the "Info" button, and find the entry in the list called "Home mailbox location". Note this directory down on a piece of paper, then cancel out of the dialog and quit from Pegasus Mail immediately. 3: Run Pegasus Mail on the old machine. Repeat the steps in (2), noting down your old mail directory. 4: Copy all the files from the directory you found in (3) into the directory you found in (2). The easiest way to do this is usually across a network if you have one, or via a PC-connection program such as PC-Anywhere, but you can also do it using floppies or backup programs. The next time you run Pegasus Mail on the new machine, it should see all the same mail files and settings that you previously used on your old system. _

A reinstall would have by default installed over top of the existing installation so I think it is important that we understand how you did the reinstall (eg: did you select the option to pre-configure a mailbox?) and what the paths were to the old and new home mailbox.

FWIW, I am not a fan of those instructions. AFAIK, they only work when the paths to the old and the new home mailbox directories is identical. The reason is that there are numerous files in the home mailbox directory that contain paths. If the paths to the old and the new home mailbox directories are different then path conflicts are introduced by copying the entire content of one home mailbox directory into another one that is in a different path. That said, the installer now adds the -ROAM option to the command line which may make those path conflicts irrelevant. I don't know for sure though.

A reinstall would have by default installed over top of the existing installation so I think it is important that we understand how you did the reinstall (eg: did you select the option to pre-configure a mailbox?) and what the paths were to the old and new home mailbox. FWIW, I am not a fan of those instructions. AFAIK, they only work when the paths to the old and the new home mailbox directories is identical. The reason is that there are numerous files in the home mailbox directory that contain paths. If the paths to the old and the new home mailbox directories are different then path conflicts are introduced by copying the entire content of one home mailbox directory into another one that is in a different path. That said, the installer now adds the -ROAM option to the command line which may make those path conflicts irrelevant. I don't know for sure though.

Pegasus Mail is on one computer only. Randomly means that i cant found any specific pattern, when it is crashing. It is occur with several messages in an unpredictable way. We can`t duplicated it with the same message.

Well, this sounds like it's going to be impossible to fix your issues without having anything to duplicate even if we can get a bit closer to it, I'm afraid. If you look at the exception reports you posted you'll find three modules being mentioned as the "faulting" ones: IERenderer.dll twice (which might be a valid reason), KERNELBASE.dll and winpm-32.exe itself. This also points us to more or less "random" places with KERNELBASE.dll being one of Windows' core modules and winpm-32.exe Pegasus Mail's main module. While it's certainly not impossible for even a Windows core module causing issues it's rather unlikely, but this is another indicator for something happening because of an invalid installation IMO.

What you can do - although I'm afraid it'll only add more details but nothing really useful to the various issues already reported - is to install my MiniDump extension and run Pegasus Mail launched by it as debugger: If you let MiniDump's setup do its job (and rather install for all Pegasus Mail users when it asks) it will create a Start menu group containing an entry called "Pegasus Mail Debugger" which will then start Pegasus Mail using the parameters you used the last time it ran previously and jump in as soon as an exception occurs. For more details please read its "ReadMe" file which you'll find another Startmenu group entry for as well. You may as well create a new shortcut for starting Pegasus Mail this way so you don't have to always remember to use the Start menu entry, which is also described in the ReadMe file.

Here's the download link, but don't get your hopes too high and please follow the instructions (i.e. don't try to post the results here or to send them to my personal address, this might be blocked by my provider, you should understand how it is supposed to work after reading the ReadMe file):
https://www.pmpgp.de/pmtools/MiniDumpAndSources.zip.

[quote="pid:54226, uid:33363"]Pegasus Mail is on one computer only. Randomly means that i cant found any specific pattern, when it is crashing. It is occur with several messages in an unpredictable way. We can`t duplicated it with the same message.[/quote] Well, this sounds like it's going to be impossible to fix your issues without having anything to duplicate even if we can get a bit closer to it, I'm afraid. If you look at the exception reports you posted you'll find three modules being mentioned as the "faulting" ones: IERenderer.dll twice (which might be a valid reason), KERNELBASE.dll and winpm-32.exe itself. This also points us to more or less "random" places with KERNELBASE.dll being one of Windows' core modules and winpm-32.exe Pegasus Mail's main module. While it's certainly not impossible for even a Windows core module causing issues it's rather unlikely, but this is another indicator for something happening because of an invalid installation IMO. What you can do - although I'm afraid it'll only add more details but nothing really useful to the various issues already reported - is to install my MiniDump extension and run Pegasus Mail launched by it as debugger: If you let MiniDump's setup do its job (and rather install for all Pegasus Mail users when it asks) it will create a Start menu group containing an entry called "Pegasus Mail Debugger" which will then start Pegasus Mail using the parameters you used the last time it ran previously and jump in as soon as an exception occurs. For more details please read its "ReadMe" file which you'll find another Startmenu group entry for as well. You may as well create a new shortcut for starting Pegasus Mail this way so you don't have to always remember to use the Start menu entry, which is also described in the ReadMe file. Here's the download link, but don't get your hopes too high and please follow the instructions (i.e. don't try to post the results here or to send them to my personal address, this might be blocked by my provider, you should understand how it is supposed to work after reading the ReadMe file): <https://www.pmpgp.de/pmtools/MiniDumpAndSources.zip>.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Maybe one additional little idea: Can you open IERenderer's configuration dialog via its toolbar button (the rightmost on PM's main toolbar) without crashing? If so, to what directory points the Cache-path entry? Is it a valid one (by default it should be C:\Users[your Windows user name]\AppData\Roaming)? If this isn't the case it might not be a good idea to try and change it from within the dialog because this might also cause unpredictable issues. It might rather be more successful to delete the IERenderer.ini file in your Home mailbox location directory after closing Pegasus Mail and then restarting it: It will then create a new one with default settings the first time you start Pegasus Mail and open/close IER's configuration dialog. The Home mailbox location can be looked up in Pegasus Mail via menu Help => About Pegasus Mail => Info Button.

Maybe one additional little idea: Can you open IERenderer's configuration dialog via its toolbar button (the rightmost on PM's main toolbar) without crashing? If so, to what directory points the Cache-path entry? Is it a valid one (by default it should be C:\Users\[your Windows user name]\AppData\Roaming)? If this isn't the case it might not be a good idea to try and change it from within the dialog because this might also cause unpredictable issues. It might rather be more successful to delete the IERenderer.ini file in your _Home mailbox location_ directory after closing Pegasus Mail and then restarting it: It will then create a new one with default settings the first time you start Pegasus Mail and open/close IER's configuration dialog. The _Home mailbox location_ can be looked up in Pegasus Mail via menu _Help => About Pegasus Mail => Info_ Button.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

A reinstall would have by default installed over top of the existing installation so I think it is important that we understand how you did the reinstall (eg: did you select the option to pre-configure a mailbox?) and what the paths were to the old and new home mailbox.

FWIW, I am not a fan of those instructions. AFAIK, they only work when the paths to the old and the new home mailbox directories is identical. The reason is that there are numerous files in the home mailbox directory that contain paths. If the paths to the old and the new home mailbox directories are different then path conflicts are introduced by copying the entire content of one home mailbox directory into another one that is in a different path. That said, the installer now adds the -ROAM option to the command line which may make those path conflicts irrelevant. I don't know for sure though.

I always install this program in c:\pmail directory. Here are specific steps for reinstallation:

Pegasus Mail is in directory c:\pmail

1. Make c:\pmail folder backup to another location
  2. Uninstall Pegasus Mail HTML Renderer („IERenderer”) from windows Apps and functions
  3. Uninstall Pegasus Mail v4.80 and Pegasus Mail apps
  4. Restart computer
  5. Delete old c:\pmail folder
  6. Download newest version of Pegasus Mail
  7. Run installer
  8. Keep c:\pmail app path
  9. Run Pegasus Mail from desktop icon, the close
  10. Install latest IERenderer downloaded from website
  11. Copy PMAIL\MAIL folder from backup to C:\PMAIL\MAIL (i left ierenderer.ini file from fresh install)
  12. Run PM

[quote="pid:54229, uid:28772"]A reinstall would have by default installed over top of the existing installation so I think it is important that we understand how you did the reinstall (eg: did you select the option to pre-configure a mailbox?) and what the paths were to the old and new home mailbox. FWIW, I am not a fan of those instructions. AFAIK, they only work when the paths to the old and the new home mailbox directories is identical. The reason is that there are numerous files in the home mailbox directory that contain paths. If the paths to the old and the new home mailbox directories are different then path conflicts are introduced by copying the entire content of one home mailbox directory into another one that is in a different path. That said, the installer now adds the -ROAM option to the command line which may make those path conflicts irrelevant. I don't know for sure though.[/quote] I always install this program in c:\pmail directory. Here are specific steps for reinstallation: Pegasus Mail is in directory c:\pmail 1. Make c:\pmail folder backup to another location 2. Uninstall Pegasus Mail HTML Renderer („IERenderer”) from windows Apps and functions 3. Uninstall Pegasus Mail v4.80 and Pegasus Mail apps 5. Restart computer 6. Delete old c:\pmail folder 7. Download newest version of Pegasus Mail 8. Run installer 9. Keep c:\pmail app path 10. Run Pegasus Mail from desktop icon, the close 11. Install latest IERenderer downloaded from website 12. Copy PMAIL\MAIL folder from backup to C:\PMAIL\MAIL (i left ierenderer.ini file from fresh install) 13. Run PM

Maybe one additional little idea: Can you open IERenderer's configuration dialog via its toolbar button (the rightmost on PM's main toolbar) without crashing? If so, to what directory points the Cache-path entry? Is it a valid one (by default it should be C:\Users[your Windows user name]\AppData\Roaming)? If this isn't the case it might not be a good idea to try and change it from within the dialog because this might also cause unpredictable issues. It might rather be more successful to delete the IERenderer.ini file in your Home mailbox location directory after closing Pegasus Mail and then restarting it: It will then create a new one with default settings the first time you start Pegasus Mail and open/close IER's configuration dialog. The Home mailbox location can be looked up in Pegasus Mail via menu Help => About Pegasus Mail => Info Button.

Configuration dialog opens without errors. I can change configuration. Cache-path is C:\Users[your Windows user name]\AppData\Roaming

I`ve reinstalled PM and IERenderer once more, and i left ierenderer.ini file from fresh install, so we will test if it will help.

[quote="pid:54232, uid:2133"]Maybe one additional little idea: Can you open IERenderer's configuration dialog via its toolbar button (the rightmost on PM's main toolbar) without crashing? If so, to what directory points the Cache-path entry? Is it a valid one (by default it should be C:\Users[your Windows user name]\AppData\Roaming)? If this isn't the case it might not be a good idea to try and change it from within the dialog because this might also cause unpredictable issues. It might rather be more successful to delete the IERenderer.ini file in your Home mailbox location directory after closing Pegasus Mail and then restarting it: It will then create a new one with default settings the first time you start Pegasus Mail and open/close IER's configuration dialog. The Home mailbox location can be looked up in Pegasus Mail via menu Help => About Pegasus Mail => Info Button.[/quote] Configuration dialog opens without errors. I can change configuration. Cache-path is C:\Users[your Windows user name]\AppData\Roaming I`ve reinstalled PM and IERenderer once more, and i left ierenderer.ini file from fresh install, so we will test if it will help.

[quote="pid:54238, uid:33363"]I always install this program in c:\pmail directory. Here are specific steps for reinstallation:

Pegasus Mail is in directory c:\pmail

Make c:\pmail folder backup to another location
Uninstall Pegasus Mail HTML Renderer („IERenderer”) from windows Apps and functions
Uninstall Pegasus Mail v4.80 and Pegasus Mail apps
Restart computer
Delete old c:\pmail folder
Download newest version of Pegasus Mail
Run installer
Keep c:\pmail app path
Run Pegasus Mail from desktop icon, the close
Install latest IERenderer downloaded from website
Copy PMAIL\MAIL folder from backup to C:\PMAIL\MAIL (i left ierenderer.ini file from fresh install)
Run PM[/quote]

And it didnt help. Program crashes again.

[quote="pid:54238, uid:33363"]I always install this program in c:\pmail directory. Here are specific steps for reinstallation: Pegasus Mail is in directory c:\pmail Make c:\pmail folder backup to another location Uninstall Pegasus Mail HTML Renderer („IERenderer”) from windows Apps and functions Uninstall Pegasus Mail v4.80 and Pegasus Mail apps Restart computer Delete old c:\pmail folder Download newest version of Pegasus Mail Run installer Keep c:\pmail app path Run Pegasus Mail from desktop icon, the close Install latest IERenderer downloaded from website Copy PMAIL\MAIL folder from backup to C:\PMAIL\MAIL (i left ierenderer.ini file from fresh install) Run PM[/quote] And it didnt help. Program crashes again.

Here's the download link, but don't get your hopes too high and please follow the instructions (i.e. don't try to post the results here or to send them to my personal address, this might be blocked by my provider, you should understand how it is supposed to work after reading the ReadMe file):

Iv`e installed it. We will check erros

[quote="pid:54231, uid:2133"]Here's the download link, but don't get your hopes too high and please follow the instructions (i.e. don't try to post the results here or to send them to my personal address, this might be blocked by my provider, you should understand how it is supposed to work after reading the ReadMe file): https://www.pmpgp.de/pmtools/MiniDumpAndSources.zip.[/quote] Iv`e installed it. We will check erros

If your old installation had the PMail user mailboxes as subdirectories of \MAIL (eg: \PMAIL\MAIL\ADMIN) the I suggest

1. having a bunch of .cnm files available that you can copy to a new install for testing purposes
  2. preconfiguring a mailbox during a clean install
  3. starting Pmail and then shutting it down
  4. installing the latest IER
  5. copying a bunch of .cnm files into the new \PMAIL\MAIL\ADMIN directory
  6. start up Pmail and see if you can get it to crash.

Many problems are the result of a corrupted configuration file so I suspect the problem that exists in the old installation is getting copied to the new installation when copying \MAIL. At this point the better approach might be to configure a new installation from scratch and then copy just the data from the old mailbox. This is not a major ordeal if there is just one PMail user with one identity. The effort level increases proportional to the number of users and identities.
Information on files to copy can be found in this forum post:
https://community.pmail.com/index.php?u=/topic/11490/

If your old installation had the PMail user mailboxes as subdirectories of \MAIL (eg: \PMAIL\MAIL\ADMIN) the I suggest 1. having a bunch of .cnm files available that you can copy to a new install for testing purposes 2. preconfiguring a mailbox during a clean install 3. starting Pmail and then shutting it down 4. installing the latest IER 5. copying a bunch of .cnm files into the new \PMAIL\MAIL\ADMIN directory 6. start up Pmail and see if you can get it to crash. Many problems are the result of a corrupted configuration file so I suspect the problem that exists in the old installation is getting copied to the new installation when copying \MAIL. At this point the better approach might be to configure a new installation from scratch and then copy just the data from the old mailbox. This is not a major ordeal if there is just one PMail user with one identity. The effort level increases proportional to the number of users and identities. Information on files to copy can be found in this forum post: https://community.pmail.com/index.php?u=/topic/11490/

I`ve noticed this scenario:

1. Program hangs partly. There are some graphical glitechs in menus and windows, but i can i.e. move windows and click stuff (menus are lack of icons).
  2. When i want to click IERenderer Settings or info window, all Pegasus Mail crashes (window with PM dissapeard).

So I assume, that there is a IERenderer problem.

[quote="pid:54232, uid:2133"]Maybe one additional little idea: Can you open IERenderer's configuration dialog via its toolbar button (the rightmost on PM's main toolbar) without crashing? If so, to what directory points the Cache-path entry? Is it a valid one (by default it should be C:\Users[your Windows user name]\AppData\Roaming)? If this isn't the case it might not be a good idea to try and change it from within the dialog because this might also cause unpredictable issues. It might rather be more successful to delete the IERenderer.ini file in your Home mailbox location directory after closing Pegasus Mail and then restarting it: It will then create a new one with default settings the first time you start Pegasus Mail and open/close IER's configuration dialog. The Home mailbox location can be looked up in Pegasus Mail via menu Help => About Pegasus Mail => Info Button.[/quote] I`ve noticed this scenario: 1. Program hangs partly. There are some graphical glitechs in menus and windows, but i can i.e. move windows and click stuff (menus are lack of icons). 2. When i want to click IERenderer Settings or info window, all Pegasus Mail crashes (window with PM dissapeard). So I assume, that there is a IERenderer problem.

I have some .cab files from MiniDump app. How can i send it to you?

[quote="pid:54231, uid:2133"]Here's the download link, but don't get your hopes too high and please follow the instructions (i.e. don't try to post the results here or to send them to my personal address, this might be blocked by my provider, you should understand how it is supposed to work after reading the ReadMe file): https://www.pmpgp.de/pmtools/MiniDumpAndSources.zip.[/quote] I have some .cab files from MiniDump app. How can i send it to you?
edited Aug 8 '22 at 8:00 am

I have some .cab files from MiniDump app. How can i send it to you?

Didn't you get prompted for an autosaved email being created when restarting Pegasus Mail after it crashed and wrote a dump? If you did like I suggested in my previous post about using MiniDump it should have. In that autosaved email all you need to know should be prepared for adding some addtional information (which I would pretty much like to have as well) and the proper address to send to. Aside from this you may find the address in the ReadMe file MiniDump installs - and please don't use my personal one if the other one doesn't work because your mail might not get through due to provider's malware checking.

And, BTW: The graphical glitches in menus and windows definitely indicate that your installation is broken to begin with.

[quote="pid:54296, uid:33363"]I have some .cab files from MiniDump app. How can i send it to you?[/quote] Didn't you get prompted for an autosaved email being created when restarting Pegasus Mail after it crashed and wrote a dump? If you did like I suggested in my previous post about using MiniDump it should have. In that autosaved email all you need to know should be prepared for adding some addtional information (which I would pretty much like to have as well) and the proper address to send to. Aside from this you may find the address in the ReadMe file MiniDump installs - and please don't use my personal one if the other one doesn't work because your mail might not get through due to provider's malware checking. And, BTW: The _graphical glitches in menus and windows_ definitely indicate that your installation is broken to begin with.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Got your dumps, I'll get back to you after checking them.

Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Well, it looks like they are all pointing to a single place containing an error message which can only be issued by BearHtml. The context differs, so I'm not sure whether we can really figure out from the dumps where the real cause is to be located, but from what I've seen I'd like to make three suggestions for you to try since they are known to more or less have been involved in problems and the dumps contain hints to them possibly being involved here as well:

1. Ensure Pegasus Mail always loads and keeps WSOCK32.dll loaded: Go to Tools => Options => Advanced settings and enabled Always for Load Windows Internet Services ... if it isn't already: Never might work as well if you have a good reason for doing so, I can't tell for sure, but On demand only is definitely known to cause problems at least in the past: That's why IER has a respective option in its own config dialog and INI file.

2. Ensure you have a printer installed which can be accessed from your local machine: It doesn't need to be running but its printer driver needs to be installed and the printer needs to be available and selected for Pegasus Mail. It can even be a printer to files like PDF printers. Make sure to select it for plain text messages (especially if you've chosen IER's printer to automatically replace it for HTML messages) since this is important for Pegasus Mail's message editor to work properly as well.

3. And finally: Close Pegasus Mail and rename BearHtml.dll to something else so neither Pegasus Mail nor IER can find and load it anymore. As long as IER is available this shouldn't cause any additional issues. This is because of the error message I've seen quoted in the dumps, it comes from a source code module which only BearHtml uses for establishing Internet connections, and since IER loads BearHtml as well for providing it as the fallback option via its menu it might cause problems even if not used for rendering. If being renamed it will become impossible to switch, of course, and there'll be a respective error message explaining why.

So much for now, I'm not sure whether we really found a solution but this is all I can currently suggest.

[quote="pid:54305, uid:2133"]Got your dumps, I'll get back to you after checking them.[/quote] Well, it looks like they are all pointing to a single place containing an error message which can only be issued by BearHtml. The context differs, so I'm not sure whether we can really figure out from the dumps where the real cause is to be located, but from what I've seen I'd like to make three suggestions for you to try since they are known to more or less have been involved in problems and the dumps contain hints to them possibly being involved here as well: 1. Ensure Pegasus Mail always loads and keeps WSOCK32.dll loaded: Go to _Tools => Options => Advanced settings_ and enabled _Always_ for _Load Windows Internet Services ... _ if it isn't already: _Never_ might work as well if you have a good reason for doing so, I can't tell for sure, but _On demand only_ is definitely known to cause problems at least in the past: That's why IER has a respective option in its own config dialog and INI file. 2. Ensure you have a printer installed which can be accessed from your local machine: It doesn't need to be running but its printer driver needs to be installed and the printer needs to be available and selected for Pegasus Mail. It can even be a printer to files like PDF printers. Make sure to select it for plain text messages (especially if you've chosen IER's printer to automatically replace it for HTML messages) since this is important for Pegasus Mail's message editor to work properly as well. 3. And finally: Close Pegasus Mail and rename BearHtml.dll to something else so neither Pegasus Mail nor IER can find and load it anymore. As long as IER is available this shouldn't cause any additional issues. This is because of the error message I've seen quoted in the dumps, it comes from a source code module which only BearHtml uses for establishing Internet connections, and since IER loads BearHtml as well for providing it as the fallback option via its menu it might cause problems even if not used for rendering. If being renamed it will become impossible to switch, of course, and there'll be a respective error message explaining why. So much for now, I'm not sure whether we really found a solution but this is all I can currently suggest.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Ensure Pegasus Mail always loads and keeps WSOCK32.dll loaded: Go to Tools => Options => Advanced settings and enabled Always for Load Windows Internet Services ... if it isn't already: Never might work as well if you have a good reason for doing so, I can't tell for sure, but On demand only is definitely known to cause problems at least in the past: That's why IER has a respective option in its own config dialog and INI file.

Ensure you have a printer installed which can be accessed from your local machine: It doesn't need to be running but its printer driver needs to be installed and the printer needs to be available and selected for Pegasus Mail. It can even be a printer to files like PDF printers. Make sure to select it for plain text messages (especially if you've chosen IER's printer to automatically replace it for HTML messages) since this is important for Pegasus Mail's message editor to work properly as well.

And finally: Close Pegasus Mail and rename BearHtml.dll to something else so neither Pegasus Mail nor IER can find and load it anymore. As long as IER is available this shouldn't cause any additional issues. This is because of the error message I've seen quoted in the dumps, it comes from a source code module which only BearHtml uses for establishing Internet connections, and since IER loads BearHtml as well for providing it as the fallback option via its menu it might cause problems even if not used for rendering. If being renamed it will become impossible to switch, of course, and there'll be a respective error message explaining why.

Thank you for checking my dumps.

1. This option was set to "Always".
  2. Yes, i have printer installed

62f35315c2899

You wrote "Make sure to select it for plain text messages". How to do this?Where to find if "chosen IER's printer to automatically replace it for HTML messages"?

1. Ok, i renamed BearHtml.dll file. Should i choose this option in IER settings?

62f35386aa276

[quote="pid:54310, uid:2133"]Ensure Pegasus Mail always loads and keeps WSOCK32.dll loaded: Go to Tools => Options => Advanced settings and enabled Always for Load Windows Internet Services ... if it isn't already: Never might work as well if you have a good reason for doing so, I can't tell for sure, but On demand only is definitely known to cause problems at least in the past: That's why IER has a respective option in its own config dialog and INI file. Ensure you have a printer installed which can be accessed from your local machine: It doesn't need to be running but its printer driver needs to be installed and the printer needs to be available and selected for Pegasus Mail. It can even be a printer to files like PDF printers. Make sure to select it for plain text messages (especially if you've chosen IER's printer to automatically replace it for HTML messages) since this is important for Pegasus Mail's message editor to work properly as well. And finally: Close Pegasus Mail and rename BearHtml.dll to something else so neither Pegasus Mail nor IER can find and load it anymore. As long as IER is available this shouldn't cause any additional issues. This is because of the error message I've seen quoted in the dumps, it comes from a source code module which only BearHtml uses for establishing Internet connections, and since IER loads BearHtml as well for providing it as the fallback option via its menu it might cause problems even if not used for rendering. If being renamed it will become impossible to switch, of course, and there'll be a respective error message explaining why.[/quote] Thank you for checking my dumps. 1. This option was set to "Always". 2. Yes, i have printer installed ![62f35315c2899](serve/attachment&path=62f35315c2899) You wrote "Make sure to select it for plain text messages". How to do this? Where to find if "chosen IER's printer to automatically replace it for HTML messages"? 3. Ok, i renamed BearHtml.dll file. Should i choose this option in IER settings? ![62f35386aa276](serve/attachment&path=62f35386aa276)
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft