Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus Mail Sending Mail Function (SMTP) disabled

Hello All. The sending function (SMTP) function on my pegasus mail programme is disabled. Every time I attempt to send a message the programme crashes. When I go back in to the programme have done a re-install the problem re-occurs. The programme generates to two usual "ready to send" indicators. In the "admin" file a locked file appears (.lck) and another one I cannot identify tagged as follows : (.pmx). I use two-factor authentication as I am a GMAIL User.

Any help would be most welcome.

The receiving function (.Pop) works fine.

Regards,

John Meehan

Hello All. The sending function (SMTP) function on my pegasus mail programme is disabled. Every time I attempt to send a message the programme crashes. When I go back in to the programme have done a re-install the problem re-occurs. The programme generates to two usual "ready to send" indicators. In the "admin" file a locked file appears (.lck) and another one I cannot identify tagged as follows : (.pmx). I use two-factor authentication as I am a GMAIL User. Any help would be most welcome. The receiving function (.Pop) works fine. Regards, John Meehan

Make sure that you are running the latest version of IERenderer (2.6.5.17). That may sound surprising can be the cause if the message you tried to send contained content from a received message.

The .pmx file you mentioned is the outgoing message file. You should see it when reviewing queued mail.

If you update IER and still experience the crash when you try to send that message, delete it then recreate it and try again.

Make sure that you are running the latest version of IERenderer (2.6.5.17). That may sound surprising can be the cause if the message you tried to send contained content from a received message. The .pmx file you mentioned is the outgoing message file. You should see it when reviewing queued mail. If you update IER and still experience the crash when you try to send that message, delete it then recreate it and try again.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft