Community Discussions and Support
CreateOneFont(b)

I have an email in my New Mail folder that is generating a box with "CreateOneFont(b), Error creating font" and an OK button. Clicking on the button crashes Pegasus.

I went into the mail folder for that userid and deleted all .CMN files with the date tag associated with that email, to no avail. I can't seem to find an online solution.

I confess to being less than current with Pegasus as I'm still using 4.12a. I like it as it does all I want it to and later versions made changes I'd rather not address (ie. multiple user accounts).

I am on Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1.

I have an email in my New Mail folder that is generating a box with "CreateOneFont(b), Error creating font" and an OK button. Clicking on the button crashes Pegasus. I went into the mail folder for that userid and deleted all .CMN files with the date tag associated with that email, to no avail. I can't seem to find an online solution. I confess to being less than current with Pegasus as I'm still using 4.12a. I like it as it does all I want it to and later versions made changes I'd rather not address (ie. multiple user accounts). I am on Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1.

I have an email in my New Mail folder that is generating a box with "CreateOneFont(b), Error creating font" and an OK button. Clicking on the button crashes Pegasus.

Sounds like a typical TER error message, don't know whether even BearHtml was already around in that version. I'm pretty sure a PM upgrade would help, but after skipping so many of them it might be another special case to handle ...

Unfortunately I only have setups for 3.12, 4.02 and then 4.41 in my archives so I can only tell that BearHtml.dll wasn't available in 4.02, IOW: 4.12 might well have had no other HTML renderer either and TER might have thrown this error on rendering HTML ... which would really mean you would need a newer version of Pegasus Mail for getting rid of this error - to the result of fixing old issues and introducing new ones, of course smile

[quote="pid:54279, uid:30157"]I have an email in my New Mail folder that is generating a box with "CreateOneFont(b), Error creating font" and an OK button. Clicking on the button crashes Pegasus.[/quote] Sounds like a typical TER error message, don't know whether even BearHtml was already around in that version. I'm pretty sure a PM upgrade would help, but after skipping so many of them it might be another special case to handle ... Unfortunately I only have setups for 3.12, 4.02 and then 4.41 in my archives so I can only tell that BearHtml.dll wasn't available in 4.02, IOW: 4.12 might well have had no other HTML renderer either and TER might have thrown this error on rendering HTML ... which would really mean you would need a newer version of Pegasus Mail for getting rid of this error - to the result of fixing old issues and introducing new ones, of course ;)
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

You are correct Michael, 4.12 did not contain an HTML Renderer. Bearhtml first appeared in 4.30.

You are correct Michael, 4.12 did not contain an HTML Renderer. Bearhtml first appeared in 4.30.

Thanks to all for their input on the CreateOneFont issue. Ultimately, I was forced to upgrade to 4.73 which resolved the HTML problem but threw me back into the reason I was still at 4.12: loss of ability to change user profiles within a single occurrence of Pegasus.

If people would go back to sending emails as opposed to 'web pages', I would be thrilled and the CreateOneFont problem would cease to exist for me. I may yet go back to 4.12 because the user profile issue looms larger for me than HTML.

Or worse, I may have to find a replacement for Pegasus.

Thanks again.

Thanks to all for their input on the CreateOneFont issue. Ultimately, I was forced to upgrade to 4.73 which resolved the HTML problem but threw me back into the reason I was still at 4.12: loss of ability to change user profiles within a single occurrence of Pegasus. If people would go back to sending emails as opposed to 'web pages', I would be thrilled and the CreateOneFont problem would cease to exist for me. I may yet go back to 4.12 because the user profile issue looms larger for me than HTML. Or worse, I may have to find a replacement for Pegasus. Thanks again.

Thanks to all for their input on the CreateOneFont issue. Ultimately, I was forced to upgrade to 4.73 which resolved the HTML problem but threw me back into the reason I was still at 4.12: loss of ability to change user profiles within a single occurrence of Pegasus.

Consider the following:

• Pegasus Mail can be started as a specific user by using the -I command line option.
  • Multiple instances of Pegasus Mail can be run at the same time by using the -MS command line option (NOT as the same user).

See Help > Commandline options for the details.

Thus:

• Creating multiple desktop shortcuts, one for each Pegasus Mail user, is an option.
  • Creating a script that starts numerous instances of Pegasus Mail, each as a different Pegasus Mail user, is an option.

I have used both of these options for many years at home and at the office.

[quote="pid:54306, uid:30157"]Thanks to all for their input on the CreateOneFont issue. Ultimately, I was forced to upgrade to 4.73 which resolved the HTML problem but threw me back into the reason I was still at 4.12: loss of ability to change user profiles within a single occurrence of Pegasus.[/quote] Consider the following: - Pegasus Mail can be started as a specific user by using the -I command line option. - Multiple instances of Pegasus Mail can be run at the same time by using the -MS command line option (NOT as the same user). See Help > Commandline options for the details. Thus: - Creating multiple desktop shortcuts, one for each Pegasus Mail user, is an option. - Creating a script that starts numerous instances of Pegasus Mail, each as a different Pegasus Mail user, is an option. I have used both of these options for many years at home and at the office.

Wouldn't one be able to just user Address / User management to change user?
On could create short-cuts for each user with the -I and that would be my way, but once in the User Management option would allow one to switch back and forth.

How were you switching with the older method?

What does your C:\PMAIL\Programs\PMAIL.CFG file look like?
If you type PMAIL.CFG it should look like this.

PMAIL\MAIL~NC:\PMAIL\MAIL~N
But that isn't the real file since it contains lots of NULLs.
PCONFIG32.EXE is program that lets you modify it.
But it has something else. Instead of the ~N it might have ~8 or other options.
In single user mode it only C:\PMAIL\MAILC:\PMAIL\MAIL

Then what does the C:\PMAIL\MAIL\PMAIL.USR file contain?
On my test setup I have.
A;Admin;Mail Administrator
U;Jack;Jack Hill
U;Jill;Jill Hill

Wouldn't one be able to just user Address / User management to change user? On could create short-cuts for each user with the -I and that would be my way, but once in the User Management option would allow one to switch back and forth. How were you switching with the older method? What does your C:\PMAIL\Programs\PMAIL.CFG file look like? If you type PMAIL.CFG it should look like this. PMAIL\MAIL\~NC:\PMAIL\MAIL\~N But that isn't the real file since it contains lots of NULLs. PCONFIG32.EXE is program that lets you modify it. But it has something else. Instead of the ~N it might have ~8 or other options. In single user mode it only C:\PMAIL\MAILC:\PMAIL\MAIL Then what does the C:\PMAIL\MAIL\PMAIL.USR file contain? On my test setup I have. A;Admin;Mail Administrator U;Jack;Jack Hill U;Jill;Jill Hill

mikes@guam.net

Wouldn't one be able to just user Address / User management to change user?
On could create short-cuts for each user with the -I and that would be my way, but once in the User Management option would allow one to switch back and forth.

It has been a long time since you have been able to change users via User Management. Shortcuts containing the -I switch is the alternative to specifying a user name at startup. User Management is now useful only for managing users (Add, Delete, Rename, grant admin privilege).

[quote="pid:54308, uid:2546"]Wouldn't one be able to just user Address / User management to change user? On could create short-cuts for each user with the -I and that would be my way, but once in the User Management option would allow one to switch back and forth.[/quote] It has been a long time since you have been able to change users via User Management. Shortcuts containing the -I switch is the alternative to specifying a user name at startup. User Management is now useful only for managing users (Add, Delete, Rename, grant admin privilege).

Interesting? I run in single user mode on my primary setup, so the user management doesn't even show up.
In the test setup, with Admin, Jack, and Jill. It is there and shows the user management and shows change option? So, was assuming the change option would let one change the current user?

So, guess the only option would be to create multiple short-cuts, or have one that doesn't include the -I so that it would prompt each time it is run.

Don't know if setting up multiple Identities would be another way.

My primary setup in single user mode has two identities, and I can switch between them, but uses the same mail box. Use to have 3 identities with one being my college email, but once I retired it disappeared about 2 months later. But depends on how some uses the client..

Interesting..

Interesting? I run in single user mode on my primary setup, so the user management doesn't even show up. In the test setup, with Admin, Jack, and Jill. It is there and shows the user management and shows change option? So, was assuming the change option would let one change the current user? So, guess the only option would be to create multiple short-cuts, or have one that doesn't include the -I so that it would prompt each time it is run. Don't know if setting up multiple Identities would be another way. My primary setup in single user mode has two identities, and I can switch between them, but uses the same mail box. Use to have 3 identities with one being my college email, but once I retired it disappeared about 2 months later. But depends on how some uses the client.. Interesting..

mikes@guam.net

Interesting? I run in single user mode on my primary setup, so the user management doesn't even show up.
In the test setup, with Admin, Jack, and Jill. It is there and shows the user management and shows change option? So, was assuming the change option would let one change the current user?

Single user mode = no user management
The user management "Change" option might have been better labeled as "Edit" or "Modify".

Don't know if setting up multiple Identities would be another way.

Possibly. It depends on whether having each users mail in its own container (mailbox directory) is important. Also, although identities aren't particularly difficult, they require mindfulness around making certain of the correct current or selected identity when sending (if using signatures or a different SMTP) and a willingness to take on the additional complexities required of configuring and maintaining multiple identities (eg: filters, different POP3 and/or SMTP hosts).

I doubt that it would be worth converting a multi-user environment into multiple identities within one user. If just starting out, multiple users vs. multiple identities is worthy of thought.

[quote="pid:54311, uid:2546"]Interesting? I run in single user mode on my primary setup, so the user management doesn't even show up. In the test setup, with Admin, Jack, and Jill. It is there and shows the user management and shows change option? So, was assuming the change option would let one change the current user?[/quote] Single user mode = no user management The user management "Change" option might have been better labeled as "Edit" or "Modify". [quote="pid:54311, uid:2546"]Don't know if setting up multiple Identities would be another way.[/quote] Possibly. It depends on whether having each users mail in its own container (mailbox directory) is important. Also, although identities aren't particularly difficult, they require mindfulness around making certain of the correct current or selected identity when sending (if using signatures or a different SMTP) and a willingness to take on the additional complexities required of configuring and maintaining multiple identities (eg: filters, different POP3 and/or SMTP hosts). I doubt that it would be worth converting a multi-user environment into multiple identities within one user. If just starting out, multiple users vs. multiple identities is worthy of thought.