Community Discussions and Support
V4.80 crashes on one user in the account

A long time user of Pegasus here (since 1999) with never a hiccup before yesterday when I updated to v4.80.

My partner and I are separate users on the same account and since the update hers crashes every time it is opened. Mine works perfectly.

She logs in, tries to read the new mail folder and it instantly shuts down. Logs in again, restores 'preview mode', it crashes again.

Any help would be gratefully received.

A long time user of Pegasus here (since 1999) with never a hiccup before yesterday when I updated to v4.80. My partner and I are separate users on the same account and since the update hers crashes every time it is opened. Mine works perfectly. She logs in, tries to read the new mail folder and it instantly shuts down. Logs in again, restores 'preview mode', it crashes again. Any help would be gratefully received.
edited Aug 17 '22 at 11:12 am

Best method to isolate problem.

1. Go to the users mail directory.cd /PMAIL/MAIL/user
  2. see new mail messagesdir *.CNM
  3. make a directory to move them intomkdir savecnmmove *.CNM savecnm
  4. Then open Pegasus and see it it opens with no new mail messages.Assuming that that works

move a few messages at a time back mail directory.
Depending on number of cnm files, I would move 5 or less and see it the crash happens.
If those messages process ok, then move them out of new mail folder and then try another set.
If you find the set that causes crash, you can move or rename them to isolate which 1 causes crash.

Almost always it is a message with very bad html code in it.
Process does take a while, but once in Pegasus can move the messages into mail folder, and Pegasus will detect depending on how you have it set, or could switch to another folder and back.

Usually, I've found it is a junk mail message, and just delete it after determining what the code is, and perhaps create a filter to automatically delete that type of message.

Good Luck.

Best method to isolate problem. 1. Go to the users mail directory. cd /PMAIL/MAIL/user 2. see new mail messages dir *.CNM 3. make a directory to move them into mkdir savecnm move *.CNM savecnm 4. Then open Pegasus and see it it opens with no new mail messages. Assuming that that works move a few messages at a time back mail directory. Depending on number of cnm files, I would move 5 or less and see it the crash happens. If those messages process ok, then move them out of new mail folder and then try another set. If you find the set that causes crash, you can move or rename them to isolate which 1 causes crash. Almost always it is a message with very bad html code in it. Process does take a while, but once in Pegasus can move the messages into mail folder, and Pegasus will detect depending on how you have it set, or could switch to another folder and back. Usually, I've found it is a junk mail message, and just delete it after determining what the code is, and perhaps create a filter to automatically delete that type of message. Good Luck.

mikes@guam.net

Thanks, but I can't see a new mail directory in the user file.

Also the problem is not restricted to the new mail folder. Clicking on any message with an attachment (even old ones which have been opened before) will cause the program to crash. Plain messages without attachments function normally.

Thanks, but I can't see a new mail directory in the user file. Also the problem is not restricted to the new mail folder. Clicking on any message with an attachment (even old ones which have been opened before) will cause the program to crash. Plain messages without attachments function normally.

Is IERenderer up to date (v2.6.5.18 )? If not, update it.

Check to make sure IERenderer is enabled in her user account.

Is IERenderer up to date (v2.6.5.18 )? If not, update it. Check to make sure IERenderer is enabled in her user account.

There is no new mail folder.
The messages that would make up the new mail folder are the .CNM files.
Other folders are the
.PMM and *.PMI files.

you should have C:\PMAIL\MAIL as the root of you users files.
Under that you would have user mail directories.

Directory of c:\PMAIL\MAIL

3/29/2022 3:50 PM <DIR> .
3/25/2022 7:59 AM <DIR> ..
8/10/2022 11:53 AM <DIR> ADMIN
7/3/2022 8:44 PM <DIR> Jack
8/3/2022 4:16 AM <DIR> Jill
8/10/2022 11:52 AM 64 PMAIL.USR

My test setup has the default directory for admin, and two other users Jack and Jill.
type PMAIL.USR
A;Admin;Mail Administrator
U;Jack;Jack Hill
U;Jill;Jill Hill

Other things than what I previous mentioned. Which version of windows are you using?
Does the computer have a C:\TEMP directory, and does this other user have read/write access to it.

Not sure if you are logged into the system with one userid that access the Pegasus with the -I option to get the correct user, or if you enter the user a start up.

As noted, you should update the IERender program since it has had a number of updates since the 4.80 release.

One other thing might show something.
change to the C:\PMAIL\Programs directory with command prompt.
WINPM-32 -I usersid

Sometime running programs issue some message that is left afterwards, while running from desktop has it just disappear.

There is no new mail folder. The messages that would make up the new mail folder are the *.CNM files. Other folders are the *.PMM and *.PMI files. you should have C:\PMAIL\MAIL as the root of you users files. Under that you would have user mail directories. Directory of c:\PMAIL\MAIL 3/29/2022 3:50 PM &lt;DIR&gt; . 3/25/2022 7:59 AM &lt;DIR&gt; .. 8/10/2022 11:53 AM &lt;DIR&gt; ADMIN 7/3/2022 8:44 PM &lt;DIR&gt; Jack 8/3/2022 4:16 AM &lt;DIR&gt; Jill 8/10/2022 11:52 AM 64 PMAIL.USR My test setup has the default directory for admin, and two other users Jack and Jill. type PMAIL.USR A;Admin;Mail Administrator U;Jack;Jack Hill U;Jill;Jill Hill Other things than what I previous mentioned. Which version of windows are you using? Does the computer have a C:\TEMP directory, and does this other user have read/write access to it. Not sure if you are logged into the system with one userid that access the Pegasus with the -I option to get the correct user, or if you enter the user a start up. As noted, you should update the IERender program since it has had a number of updates since the 4.80 release. One other thing might show something. change to the C:\PMAIL\Programs directory with command prompt. WINPM-32 -I usersid Sometime running programs issue some message that is left afterwards, while running from desktop has it just disappear.

mikes@guam.net

I do not believe the problem is related to a bad .CNM file based on the fact that crashes are occurring only when attempting to open HTML messages, regardless of the folder.

I do not believe the problem is related to a bad .CNM file based on the fact that crashes are occurring only when attempting to open HTML messages, regardless of the folder.

Hooray! Fixed.

I am not totally computer illiterate but haven't a clue what IE Renderer is. However, updated it as suggested and also found it wasn't enabled for her user account. Ticked relevant box and all is good. I do wonder how her account has worked fine for all these years without it though.

You learn something new every day.

Thank you for all your help, much appreciated.

Hooray! Fixed. I am not totally computer illiterate but haven&#039;t a clue what IE Renderer is. However, updated it as suggested and also found it wasn&#039;t enabled for her user account. Ticked relevant box and all is good. I do wonder how her account has worked fine for all these years without it though. You learn something new every day. Thank you for all your help, much appreciated.
edited Aug 17 '22 at 3:23 pm

Sorry to barge in and to necropost, but I do have similar problems, although I'm on Linux (using Wine).
Pegasus Mail 4.73 (and prior) work just fine on Linux if I disable (simply remove) "IERenderer.fff". If I don't, Pegasus Mail still works, but all HTML emails are blank - white page, no letters (text emails appear normally)...
If you remove IERenderer all emails appear, even HTML ones, and while they don't look pretty you can read them (which is all I need).

Now today I saw 4.8 had been released, and made an attempt to upgrade. Unfortunately my Pegasus Mail 4.8 crashes as soon as it starts reading the /MAIL folder. I've put back 4.73, but tomorrow I'll check if it isn't the old "Linux-doesn't-like-IERenderer" problem which has just gotten more violent. In which case the solution should be easy and painless...

Anyway, the reason am I posting this is that Brian says just above that "IERenderer was not enabled". Where do you find that setting? I've been a Pegasus Mail user for 21 years and I never noticed it... smile

Sorry to barge in and to necropost, but I do have similar problems, although I&#039;m on Linux (using Wine). Pegasus Mail 4.73 (and prior) work just fine on Linux _if_ I disable (simply remove) &quot;IERenderer.fff&quot;. If I don&#039;t, Pegasus Mail still works, but all HTML emails are blank - white page, no letters (text emails appear normally)... If you remove IERenderer all emails appear, even HTML ones, and while they don&#039;t look pretty you can read them (which is all I need). Now today I saw 4.8 had been released, and made an attempt to upgrade. Unfortunately my Pegasus Mail 4.8 crashes as soon as it starts reading the /MAIL folder. I&#039;ve put back 4.73, but tomorrow I&#039;ll check if it isn&#039;t the old &quot;Linux-doesn&#039;t-like-IERenderer&quot; problem which has just gotten more violent. In which case the solution should be easy and painless... Anyway, the reason am I posting this is that Brian says just above that &quot;IERenderer was not enabled&quot;. Where do you find that setting? I&#039;ve been a Pegasus Mail user for 21 years and I never noticed it... (blush)

I believe the IERender uses some features that are not supported by WINE, and is unlikely to be added, so best option is to disable it by running the uninstall program.
In the C:\PMAIL\Programs\unins000.exe or ~/.wine/drive_c/PMAIL/Programs/unins000.exe.

just wine unins000.exe should run in directory. Perhaps wine ./unins000.exe?
The will remove the IERENDER almost completely. Sometimes the directory is left over with an htm file. That can be manually removed and directory deleted. The IERender.fff should be gone as well.

The Pegasus 4.80 has a much updated TER and HTS system that is the native viewer and does most HTML stuff very well. Find that it works better than the BEARHTML.DLL, so I remove it as well, and the Pegasus runs with the native TER and HTS rather than using BEARHTML or IERender..

What version of Linux are you using and what version of Wine?
I'm using Fedora 35 and I'm running the wine-devel from winehq version 7.16. The Fedora version of wine worked well till 7.12, then switch to winehq at the time was 7.13, that fixed the issue, but did have an issue with using mouse on scroll bars. Mouse wheel worked fine. They fixed that in 7.14 and came out with further updates 7.15 and 7.16. Very responsive to bug reports.

Only noticed a display issue with some messages from Amazon, that have a table inside a table inside a table. But is poor html code. Found adding a </td> in place fixes that. But even then is minor issue.

Hope that helps.

I believe the IERender uses some features that are not supported by WINE, and is unlikely to be added, so best option is to disable it by running the uninstall program. In the C:\PMAIL\Programs\unins000.exe or ~/.wine/drive_c/PMAIL/Programs/unins000.exe. just wine unins000.exe should run in directory. Perhaps wine ./unins000.exe? The will remove the IERENDER almost completely. Sometimes the directory is left over with an htm file. That can be manually removed and directory deleted. The IERender.fff should be gone as well. The Pegasus 4.80 has a much updated TER and HTS system that is the native viewer and does most HTML stuff very well. Find that it works better than the BEARHTML.DLL, so I remove it as well, and the Pegasus runs with the native TER and HTS rather than using BEARHTML or IERender.. What version of Linux are you using and what version of Wine? I&#039;m using Fedora 35 and I&#039;m running the wine-devel from winehq version 7.16. The Fedora version of wine worked well till 7.12, then switch to winehq at the time was 7.13, that fixed the issue, but did have an issue with using mouse on scroll bars. Mouse wheel worked fine. They fixed that in 7.14 and came out with further updates 7.15 and 7.16. Very responsive to bug reports. Only noticed a display issue with some messages from Amazon, that have a table inside a table inside a table. But is poor html code. Found adding a &lt;/td&gt; in place fixes that. But even then is minor issue. Hope that helps.

mikes@guam.net

Anyway, the reason am I posting this is that Brian says just above that "IERenderer was not enabled". Where do you find that setting? I've been a Pegasus Mail user for 21 years and I never noticed it

In a Windows environment there is an IERenderer icon in the toolbar of the main Pegasus Mail window (furthest icon to the right). I don't use Linux but would not be surprised if that icon does not exist if IERenderer has been uninstalled or its .fff file has been renamed or removed. Anyway, clicking the IERenderer icon will bring up a number of options including "Use IERenderer" which toggles IERenderer on/off (checkmark=enabled, no checkmark=disabled).

I don't see any reason IERenderer in v4.80 should work under Linux since it is still dependent on components of Internet Explorer that don't exist in Linux. We need someone who runs Linux to chime in with Linux-specific comments.

There are some bugs in 4.80. One caused crashes. It was fixed with an update to IERenderer (required even if IERenderer was disabled). Another deletes the user saved words for the spell checker (workaround available, post back or search the forum for details if needed).

[quote=&quot;pid:54413, uid:36421&quot;]Anyway, the reason am I posting this is that Brian says just above that &quot;IERenderer was not enabled&quot;. Where do you find that setting? I&#039;ve been a Pegasus Mail user for 21 years and I never noticed it[/quote] In a Windows environment there is an IERenderer icon in the toolbar of the main Pegasus Mail window (furthest icon to the right). I don&#039;t use Linux but would not be surprised if that icon does not exist if IERenderer has been uninstalled or its .fff file has been renamed or removed. Anyway, clicking the IERenderer icon will bring up a number of options including &quot;Use IERenderer&quot; which toggles IERenderer on/off (checkmark=enabled, no checkmark=disabled). I don&#039;t see any reason IERenderer in v4.80 should work under Linux since it is still dependent on components of Internet Explorer that don&#039;t exist in Linux. We need someone who runs Linux to chime in with Linux-specific comments. There are some bugs in 4.80. One caused crashes. It was fixed with an update to IERenderer (required even if IERenderer was disabled). Another deletes the user saved words for the spell checker (workaround available, post back or search the forum for details if needed).

Just to note: If you do an install of 4.80, atleast what I found was the IERender Icon would appear, but clicking on the icon would shows the option to disable it, but nothing would happen. Only using the uninstall program or manual removing the .fff file would do it. With the Bearhtml there seems to be no way to remove it other than renaming or remove the DLL file. Know there are some things that Bearhtml and IERender do that the old TER and HTS did not do, and that is why they were created. The new TER and HTS in 4.80 seem to handle a lot more than the old ones, but not sure if Bearhtml has parts that were not updated with the TER and HTS. IERender also has a bunch of additional things it does, that I don't think the new TER or HTS does.

Saw a mention that he is looking to redo it using chromium (Edge seems to be based on it), and it is available on Linux. Pegasus Mail has no issues pulling up the firefox or chromium or chrome on my linux running the Linux native versions versus having to install windows versions of programs.

I've also setup my Pegasus to use STUNNEL for the SLL connections, which uses a slightly newer version of OpenSSL.

Just to note: If you do an install of 4.80, atleast what I found was the IERender Icon would appear, but clicking on the icon would shows the option to disable it, but nothing would happen. Only using the uninstall program or manual removing the .fff file would do it. With the Bearhtml there seems to be no way to remove it other than renaming or remove the DLL file. Know there are some things that Bearhtml and IERender do that the old TER and HTS did not do, and that is why they were created. The new TER and HTS in 4.80 seem to handle a lot more than the old ones, but not sure if Bearhtml has parts that were not updated with the TER and HTS. IERender also has a bunch of additional things it does, that I don&#039;t think the new TER or HTS does. Saw a mention that he is looking to redo it using chromium (Edge seems to be based on it), and it is available on Linux. Pegasus Mail has no issues pulling up the firefox or chromium or chrome on my linux running the Linux native versions versus having to install windows versions of programs. I&#039;ve also setup my Pegasus to use STUNNEL for the SLL connections, which uses a slightly newer version of OpenSSL.

mikes@guam.net

What version of Linux are you using and what version of Wine?

Ubuntu 22.04 jammy, Wine is the supplied 6.0.3 (but I plan to eventually upgrade it with the current one from WineHQ. It's just that WineHQ wasn't available when I installed this laptop).
I never had issues running Pegasus Mail with Wine, any version, since IIRC 2014. Everything always worked as required, but then again I have very simple needs: Just being able to receive and send email...

[quote=&quot;pid:54415, uid:2546&quot;]What version of Linux are you using and what version of Wine?[/quote] Ubuntu 22.04 jammy, Wine is the supplied 6.0.3 (but I plan to eventually upgrade it with the current one from WineHQ. It&#039;s just that WineHQ wasn&#039;t available when I installed this laptop). I never had issues running Pegasus Mail with Wine, any version, since IIRC 2014. Everything always worked as required, but then again I have very simple needs: Just being able to receive and send email...

In a Windows environment there is an IERenderer icon in the toolbar of the main Pegasus Mail window

I see. No, I don't have this icon, and I can't say I've ever noticed it. Thanks for the information!

[quote=&quot;pid:54417, uid:28772&quot;]In a Windows environment there is an IERenderer icon in the toolbar of the main Pegasus Mail window[/quote] I see. No, I don&#039;t have this icon, and I can&#039;t say I&#039;ve ever noticed it. Thanks for the information!
edited Sep 6 '22 at 1:19 pm

Just to test, the icon does show up on Linux.
Have Pegasus installed under root user, and just reinstalled the latest IERender.
After starting Pegasus the Icon shows up on bar. It appears as the Pegasus on top of what appears to be the Internet Explorer type e.
Moving the mouse pointer over it, will show the version number of the IERender. 2.6.5.18
Clicking on it will show the IERender menu, but click on the configure causes a crash.

If you rename or remove the IERender.fff or the IERender.dll or if you have uninstalled it, it doesn't show.

Just to test, the icon does show up on Linux. Have Pegasus installed under root user, and just reinstalled the latest IERender. After starting Pegasus the Icon shows up on bar. It appears as the Pegasus on top of what appears to be the Internet Explorer type e. Moving the mouse pointer over it, will show the version number of the IERender. 2.6.5.18 Clicking on it will show the IERender menu, but click on the configure causes a crash. If you rename or remove the IERender.fff or the IERender.dll or if you have uninstalled it, it doesn&#039;t show.

mikes@guam.net

AFAIK, IER has never functioned under Wine. Am I wrong about that? I am not a Linux/
Wine user but have played with it several times and always had to disable IER by renaming its .fff file just to get Pegasus Mail to start up. It has been about 5 years since my last play.

AFAIK, IER has never functioned under Wine. Am I wrong about that? I am not a Linux/ Wine user but have played with it several times and always had to disable IER by renaming its .fff file just to get Pegasus Mail to start up. It has been about 5 years since my last play.

It appears as the Pegasus on top of what appears to be the Internet Explorer type e.

Oh yes, I do remember that. From my Windows days I guess.

always had to disable IER by renaming its .fff file just to get Pegasus Mail to start up

It depends on versions. Back in the day (around 10 years ago) it did indeed crash Pegasus Mail hard, but in 4.73 (maybe earlier too) it just blocked the display of any HTML content (Clearly some sort of a soft crash, since the mouse cursor loses context inside the empty mail body window and doesn't know which shape to take).

Oh well, it's nothing too annoying, if you know about it. This is why I wanted to put it on record here, so people who experience this problem might find the simple solution of renaming/zipping/deleting "IERenderer.fff".

[quote=&quot;pid:54430, uid:2546&quot;]It appears as the Pegasus on top of what appears to be the Internet Explorer type e.[/quote] Oh yes, I do remember that. From my Windows days I guess. [quote=&quot;pid:54431, uid:28772&quot;]always had to disable IER by renaming its .fff file just to get Pegasus Mail to start up[/quote] It depends on versions. Back in the day (around 10 years ago) it did indeed crash Pegasus Mail hard, but in 4.73 (maybe earlier too) it just blocked the display of any HTML content (Clearly some sort of a soft crash, since the mouse cursor loses context inside the empty mail body window and doesn&#039;t know which shape to take). Oh well, it&#039;s nothing too annoying, _if you know about it_. This is why I wanted to put it on record here, so people who experience this problem might find the simple solution of renaming/zipping/deleting &quot;IERenderer.fff&quot;.

Actually, the best way to remove it is run the uninstall C:\PMAIL\Programs\unins000.exe or wine ~/.wine/drive_c/PMAIL/Programs/unins000.exe
That is the official uninstall program for the IERender, and it removes the files and directory completely in latest versions and believe there are some registry entries.

In my desktop short-cut file I have
Name=Pegasus Mail
Exec=env WINEDEBUG=fixme-all,err+all wine /home/msetzerii/.wine/drive_c/PMAIL/Programs/WINPM-32.EXE -A

env WINEDEBUG=fixme-all,err+all wine64 /home/msetzerii/.wine/drive_c/PMAIL/Programs/WINPM-32.EXE -A

in a panel short-cut. That suppresses the fixme messages but displays all error messages.

Also, have the Terminal=true
set so I can always switch to terminal it opens to see what it might show.
MESA-INTEL: warning: Ivy Bridge Vulkan support is incomplete
Is all it shows during startup, which is more info than an error.

Find the winehq-devel seems to run it faster than distro wine, which is at 7.12 rather than 7.16 of winehq.

Might also want to rename bearhtml.dll and run Pegasus and see if it displays html message better or not. For me it is better. If not, just rename it back.

Well, Have Fun.

Actually, the best way to remove it is run the uninstall C:\PMAIL\Programs\unins000.exe or wine ~/.wine/drive_c/PMAIL/Programs/unins000.exe That is the official uninstall program for the IERender, and it removes the files and directory completely in latest versions and believe there are some registry entries. In my desktop short-cut file I have Name=Pegasus Mail Exec=env WINEDEBUG=fixme-all,err+all wine /home/msetzerii/.wine/drive_c/PMAIL/Programs/WINPM-32.EXE -A env WINEDEBUG=fixme-all,err+all wine64 /home/msetzerii/.wine/drive_c/PMAIL/Programs/WINPM-32.EXE -A in a panel short-cut. That suppresses the fixme messages but displays all error messages. Also, have the Terminal=true set so I can always switch to terminal it opens to see what it might show. MESA-INTEL: warning: Ivy Bridge Vulkan support is incomplete Is all it shows during startup, which is more info than an error. Find the winehq-devel seems to run it faster than distro wine, which is at 7.12 rather than 7.16 of winehq. Might also want to rename bearhtml.dll and run Pegasus and see if it displays html message better or not. For me it is better. If not, just rename it back. Well, Have Fun.

mikes@guam.net

Actually, the best way to remove it is run the uninstall

I guess, but since this hack works, I'd rather keep it that way. There is no downside to that, is there? (Genuine question).
I'm always afraid I might break something (else) and I need email, so once I got it to work I don't fiddle with it anymore, more so since I'm not a Linux wizard, just somebody using a Linux computer to get work done...
As I said earlier I don't care about pretty, I'm a fan of text-only email anyway.

warning: Ivy Bridge Vulkan support is incomplete

Yikes, Ivy Bridge is from 2012 IIRC. I don't want to know what it would have to say about my 2022 Alder Lake!...

Yes, I will definitely switch to the WinHQ version, as soon as I figure out how to do it (the on-site instructions don't work, and as I said I'm just an user).

[quote=&quot;pid:54434, uid:2546&quot;]Actually, the best way to remove it is run the uninstall[/quote] I guess, but since this hack works, I&#039;d rather keep it that way. There is no downside to that, is there? (Genuine question). I&#039;m always afraid I might break something (else) and I _need_ email, so once I got it to work I don&#039;t fiddle with it anymore, more so since I&#039;m not a Linux wizard, just somebody using a Linux computer to get work done... As I said earlier I don&#039;t care about pretty, I&#039;m a fan of text-only email anyway. [quote=&quot;pid:54434, uid:2546&quot;]warning: Ivy Bridge Vulkan support is incomplete[/quote] Yikes, Ivy Bridge is from 2012 IIRC. I don&#039;t want to know what it would have to say about my 2022 Alder Lake!... Yes, I will definitely switch to the WinHQ version, as soon as I figure out how to do it (the on-site instructions don&#039;t work, and as I said I&#039;m just an user).

I believe you are using Ubuntu - This should be the instruction page.

https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu

Think that is designed if you have a system with wine not already installed.
With Fedora had to run dnf install winehq-devel --allowerasing
That had it uninstall the current wine version that Fedora repo includes (7.12) and then installed the latest winehq-devel version. I opted for -devel versus -stable

Sure the apt has a similar option, or you could manually uninstall wine then install it using instructions.

Think the renaming or deleting of IERender.fff should work fine, but there might some things in registry that get left..

As a test I sometimes boot to a live usb version of Fedora, and then run things as test just to see. All disappears when your reboot, but shows the process works or doesn't. Sure similar process with other distros.

Well, good luck. I would try renaming the bearhtml.dll just to see if it works better. I've found it does, and the bearhtml is currently a little older.

I believe you are using Ubuntu - This should be the instruction page. https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu Think that is designed if you have a system with wine not already installed. With Fedora had to run dnf install winehq-devel --allowerasing That had it uninstall the current wine version that Fedora repo includes (7.12) and then installed the latest winehq-devel version. I opted for -devel versus -stable Sure the apt has a similar option, or you could manually uninstall wine then install it using instructions. Think the renaming or deleting of IERender.fff should work fine, but there might some things in registry that get left.. As a test I sometimes boot to a live usb version of Fedora, and then run things as test just to see. All disappears when your reboot, but shows the process works or doesn&#039;t. Sure similar process with other distros. Well, good luck. I would try renaming the bearhtml.dll just to see if it works better. I&#039;ve found it does, and the bearhtml is currently a little older.

mikes@guam.net

I guess, but since this hack works, I'd rather keep it that way. There is no downside to that, is there? (Genuine question).

Yes, there is, and although I'm repeating this whenever this topic pops up it's permanently ignored: Pegasus Mail requires another config file for providing the install path of additional HTML renderers like IER, it's called renderer.pm. Although IER can more or less gracefully deal with a missing fff-file I can't guarantee that it doesn't interfere with PM at all as long as Pegasus Mail keeps on loading it because of renderer.pm still existing.

[quote=&quot;pid:54440, uid:36421&quot;]I guess, but since this hack works, I&#039;d rather keep it that way. There is no downside to that, is there? (Genuine question).[/quote] Yes, there is, and although I&#039;m repeating this whenever this topic pops up it&#039;s permanently ignored: Pegasus Mail requires another config file for providing the install path of additional HTML renderers like IER, it&#039;s called renderer.pm. Although IER can more or less gracefully deal with a missing fff-file I can&#039;t guarantee that it doesn&#039;t interfere with PM at all as long as Pegasus Mail keeps on loading it because of renderer.pm still existing.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft