Community Discussions and Support
V4.80 crashes on one user in the account

I believe you are using Ubuntu - This should be the instruction page.

Yes, that's the one which doesn't work (temporarily/for me)... I'll try next weekend, I only have so much time to waste spend fiddling with my laptop... smile

(And yes, I did uninstall the Ubuntu Wine one before trying. The problem I had was some network issue, apt didn't find something, don't remember what.)

there might some things in registry that get left.

Oh my, I had several issues with the Wine registry over the year, but let's not turn the Pegasus Mail forum into a Linux/Wine one... smile

[quote="pid:54443, uid:2546"]I believe you are using Ubuntu - This should be the instruction page.[/quote] Yes, that's the one which doesn't work (temporarily/for me)... I'll try next weekend, I only have so much time to [s]waste[/s] spend fiddling with my laptop... :D (And yes, I did uninstall the Ubuntu Wine one before trying. The problem I had was some network issue, apt didn't find something, don't remember what.) [quote="pid:54443, uid:2546"]there might some things in registry that get left.[/quote] Oh my, I had several issues with the Wine registry over the year, but let's not turn the Pegasus Mail forum into a Linux/Wine one... (wasntme)
edited Sep 7 '22 at 6:23 pm

Pegasus Mail requires another config file for providing the install path of additional HTML renderers like IER, it's called renderer.pm

Mine only states "IERenderer\IERenderer.dll".
Sorry, you lost me. Do you mean that I should remove Renderer.pm too?

That been said I've been using Pegasus Mail without IERenderer.fff for years and never had a problem. Sometimes (rarely), trying to copy the link off a HTML-heavy email did crash Pegasus Mail, but that's all, and I'm not even sure it has to do with HTML rendering since it's right-clicking on the link which creates the crash, not reading the email. Happens at most once a year, so not really annoying, I just have to sift through the "raw view" to get that elusive URL...

[quote="pid:54444, uid:2133"]Pegasus Mail requires another config file for providing the install path of additional HTML renderers like IER, it's called renderer.pm[/quote] Mine only states "IERenderer\IERenderer.dll". Sorry, you lost me. Do you mean that I should remove Renderer.pm too? That been said I've been using Pegasus Mail without IERenderer.fff for years and never had a problem. Sometimes (rarely), trying to copy the link off a HTML-heavy email did crash Pegasus Mail, but that's all, and I'm not even sure it has to do with HTML rendering since it's right-clicking on the link which creates the crash, not reading the email. Happens at most once a year, so not really annoying, I just have to sift through the "raw view" to get that elusive URL...

Renderer.pm? Don't recall hearing about that before.
It doesn't appear in any of my directories, but had used the IERenderer uninstall program, so that is probable why. Did an install of latest IERenderer for root user, and it did create the file and points to the DLL file. In past I had usually removed the fff file and the IERenderer directory. But don't recall anything of the Renderer.pm file? Looked at the Pegasus Program binary file, and it has one reference to the Renderer.pm file. So don't know it would cause issues if it was there or not? If the DLL file was still there, it might get loaded and cause issues.

In past I had found that running Pegasus with depends programs it would find two DLL files that would try to be loaded by TER32, but not there.
TXML2.DLL
SPELL32.DLL

Actually, got the files from creator of TER32, and put them in my directory, but saw no difference. Seems Mr. Harris doesn't have a hooks to them. The Spell32 is TER32 spell checker, but the Pegasus one is much nicer then the demo version program that is included in files I got from Ter32. Not sure what the TXML2.DLL does or might do if used.

depends.exe is old, but showed some interesting things..

Always learning new things...

Thanks for info.

Renderer.pm? Don't recall hearing about that before. It doesn't appear in any of my directories, but had used the IERenderer uninstall program, so that is probable why. Did an install of latest IERenderer for root user, and it did create the file and points to the DLL file. In past I had usually removed the fff file and the IERenderer directory. But don't recall anything of the Renderer.pm file? Looked at the Pegasus Program binary file, and it has one reference to the Renderer.pm file. So don't know it would cause issues if it was there or not? If the DLL file was still there, it might get loaded and cause issues. In past I had found that running Pegasus with depends programs it would find two DLL files that would try to be loaded by TER32, but not there. TXML2.DLL SPELL32.DLL Actually, got the files from creator of TER32, and put them in my directory, but saw no difference. Seems Mr. Harris doesn't have a hooks to them. The Spell32 is TER32 spell checker, but the Pegasus one is much nicer then the demo version program that is included in files I got from Ter32. Not sure what the TXML2.DLL does or might do if used. depends.exe is old, but showed some interesting things.. Always learning new things... Thanks for info.

mikes@guam.net

Mine only states "IERenderer\IERenderer.dll".
Sorry, you lost me. Do you mean that I should remove Renderer.pm too?

Yes, if you don't use the uninstaller. One thing IER still needs to take care of even if not rendering HTML by itself is to enable redirection of HTML related commands to BearHtml (and vice versa) - if actually available - since PM still assumes IER is doing it. It's partly a legacy thing ...

[quote="pid:54450, uid:36421"]Mine only states "IERenderer\IERenderer.dll". Sorry, you lost me. Do you mean that I should remove Renderer.pm too?[/quote] Yes, if you don't use the uninstaller. One thing IER still needs to take care of even if not rendering HTML by itself is to enable redirection of HTML related commands to BearHtml (and vice versa) - if actually available - since PM still assumes IER is doing it. It's partly a legacy thing ...
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
edited Sep 8 '22 at 1:48 am

Yes, if you don't use the uninstaller.

OK thanks, will do.

[quote="pid:54457, uid:2133"]Yes, if you don't use the uninstaller.[/quote] OK thanks, will do.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft