Community Discussions and Support
A newsflash update has been posted to the PMAIL.COM site. RE: GMail+OAUTH2

Questions:

1. Will the 4.81 still work with the app password method is already setup or will one have to use OAUTH2??
  2. Does the 4.81 also have the fix for the spelling dictionary?
  3. Does it have fix to handle the issue of C:\TEMP not existing on some windows setups. Recall some people having that with later versions of windows setup.

I use stunnel to handle the SSL connection, so not sure if OAUTH2 will or will not work with that?

Questions: 1. Will the 4.81 still work with the app password method is already setup or will one have to use OAUTH2?? 2. Does the 4.81 also have the fix for the spelling dictionary? 3. Does it have fix to handle the issue of C:\TEMP not existing on some windows setups. Recall some people having that with later versions of windows setup. I use stunnel to handle the SSL connection, so not sure if OAUTH2 will or will not work with that?

mikes@guam.net

Will the 4.81 still work with the app password method is already setup or will one have to use OAUTH2??

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't.

Does the 4.81 also have the fix for the spelling dictionary?

Since May 3rd.

Does it have fix to handle the issue of C:\TEMP not existing on some windows setups. Recall some people having that with later versions of windows setup.

Martin's job, maybe you can get an answer from him about this; I've already been trying more than once to tell him that there's now reason against using the Windows default TEMP dir but even David's endorsements couldn't really relieve his concerns about writing to a restricted system dir if doing so.

[quote="pid:54364, uid:2546"]Will the 4.81 still work with the app password method is already setup or will one have to use OAUTH2??[/quote] I don't see any reason why it shouldn't. [quote="pid:54364, uid:2546"]Does the 4.81 also have the fix for the spelling dictionary?[/quote] Since May 3rd. [quote="pid:54364, uid:2546"]Does it have fix to handle the issue of C:\TEMP not existing on some windows setups. Recall some people having that with later versions of windows setup.[/quote] Martin's job, maybe you can get an answer from him about this; I've already been trying more than once to tell him that there's now reason against using the Windows default TEMP dir but even David's endorsements couldn't really relieve his concerns about writing to a restricted system dir if doing so.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Thanks. Assuming May 3rd means that in an update in 4.81, since believe the 4.80 download doesn't include it? Or was an updated version of 4.80 with that change made after May 3rd.

Will make a full backup of PMAIL directory before installing 4.81 just to be sure. Thanks for all the Work to make Pegasus even better. Know it is a big project, having to support so many players in the game. Various versions of Windows, ISPs like Google and others, and poorly created emails.

Have a great day.

Thanks. Assuming May 3rd means that in an update in 4.81, since believe the 4.80 download doesn't include it? Or was an updated version of 4.80 with that change made after May 3rd. Will make a full backup of PMAIL directory before installing 4.81 just to be sure. Thanks for all the Work to make Pegasus even better. Know it is a big project, having to support so many players in the game. Various versions of Windows, ISPs like Google and others, and poorly created emails. Have a great day.

mikes@guam.net

Or was an updated version of 4.80 with that change made after May 3rd.

A test version in the pre-release cycle of the darned OAuth2 update to come.

[quote="pid:54369, uid:2546"]Or was an updated version of 4.80 with that change made after May 3rd.[/quote] A test version in the pre-release cycle of the darned OAuth2 update to come.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Brian - many thanks for providing the pointer to the newsflash, which I hadn't seen, about the progress re: GMail & OAUTH2.

I'd like to express my extreme gratitude to David and anyone else involved in the work to implement the OAUTH2 capability within Pegasus Mail. In particular, David has gone an awfully long way above and beyond what might normally be expected of a 'lone' developer in his efforts to ensure that Pegasus Mail users can continue to access their GMail accounts, especially when Google seems to have a great propensity for moving the goalposts and introducing more hurdles on what seems to be a whim. It must have been incredibly annoying and frustrating for David to discover that some of his previous development efforts had become nugatory and that further development work, on the web server function, had become required.

I, and I'm sure a multitude of other Pegasus Mail users, will look forward with eager anticipation to the eventual release of v4.81.

Kind regards and best wishes to all,

--
Martin Davies

Brian - many thanks for providing the pointer to the newsflash, which I hadn't seen, about the progress re: GMail & OAUTH2. I'd like to express my extreme gratitude to David and anyone else involved in the work to implement the OAUTH2 capability within Pegasus Mail. In particular, David has gone an awfully long way above and beyond what might normally be expected of a 'lone' developer in his efforts to ensure that Pegasus Mail users can continue to access their GMail accounts, especially when Google seems to have a great propensity for moving the goalposts and introducing more hurdles on what seems to be a whim. It must have been incredibly annoying and frustrating for David to discover that some of his previous development efforts had become nugatory and that further development work, on the web server function, had become required. I, and I'm sure a multitude of other Pegasus Mail users, will look forward with eager anticipation to the eventual release of v4.81. Kind regards and best wishes to all, -- Martin Davies
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft