Community Discussions and Support
Trays are missing

All of the trays are missing. All of my folders are there. This is what happened:

The Deleted Files folder was missing so I moved HIERARCH.PM from a recent backup and the Deleted Files folder reappeared; but, still no trays. So I moved the FOLSTATE.PM in but trays are still missing.

What's next?

Ver 4.80.1028

All of the trays are missing. All of my folders are there. This is what happened: The Deleted Files folder was missing so I moved HIERARCH.PM from a recent backup and the Deleted Files folder reappeared; but, still no trays. So I moved the FOLSTATE.PM in but trays are still missing. What's next? Ver 4.80.1028

Larry Hess CPA | Albuquerque NM

A restore of HIERARCH.PM from backup normally works when the backup is recent enough. The fact that it didn't indicates that either it was too old or the damage has already been done when it was backed up. There isn't another way to recover trays.

I wonder if whatever affected HIERARCH.PM also affected PMAIL.INI resulting in the "Deleted messages folder persists between sessions" option being set to the default of disabled.

Losing tray structure is not fun. A hint I offered to all of my co-workers was to use some sort of code as a prefix to each tray name and use that code as a prefix in the folder name of each folder in the tray. That way, if tray structure was ever lost, the sort of the resulting folder would have each trays folders grouped together. Figuring out the tray name of each grouping remained a challenge though. We did nightly backups so this recommendation was a backup to the backups.

A restore of HIERARCH.PM from backup normally works when the backup is recent enough. The fact that it didn't indicates that either it was too old or the damage has already been done when it was backed up. There isn't another way to recover trays. I wonder if whatever affected HIERARCH.PM also affected PMAIL.INI resulting in the "Deleted messages folder persists between sessions" option being set to the default of disabled. Losing tray structure is not fun. A hint I offered to all of my co-workers was to use some sort of code as a prefix to each tray name and use that code as a prefix in the folder name of each folder in the tray. That way, if tray structure was ever lost, the sort of the resulting folder would have each trays folders grouped together. Figuring out the tray name of each grouping remained a challenge though. We did nightly backups so this recommendation was a backup to the backups.

Thanks Brian. I have an older HEIRARCH that works.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft