Community Discussions and Support
Spellchecker question

Hello folks....sorry to bother I have a question regarding the spellchecker setup. it seems to me years ago the Pegasus spellchecker when asked (before sending) to check spelling, would identify (automatically) only what was mis-spelled. Now, unless its me, when asked to check it will go word to word until you get to the word you "think" you spelled wrong to correct. isn't there a way to automatically correct as you type along OR when checking at the end to only show what was mis-spelled. Sounds crazy but I think it used to do what I mentioned

Thanks in advance

Hello folks....sorry to bother I have a question regarding the spellchecker setup. it seems to me years ago the Pegasus spellchecker when asked (before sending) to check spelling, would identify (automatically) only what was mis-spelled. Now, unless its me, when asked to check it will go word to word until you get to the word you "think" you spelled wrong to correct. isn't there a way to automatically correct as you type along OR when checking at the end to only show what was mis-spelled. Sounds crazy but I think it used to do what I mentioned Thanks in advance

AFAIK, the spell checker has never auto-corrected. It has always stopped at each word that it thinks is misspelled and listed options to select as corrections or you could enter your own.

Corrections as you type are referred to as autoreplacement. Its configuration and replacements list is located in Tools > Options > User interface > Automatic formatting. Perhaps it has been disabled.

AFAIK, the spell checker has never auto-corrected. It has always stopped at each word that it thinks is misspelled and listed options to select as corrections or you could enter your own. Corrections as you type are referred to as autoreplacement. Its configuration and replacements list is located in Tools > Options > User interface > Automatic formatting. Perhaps it has been disabled.

Wondering if you are talking about Automatic formatting..
It does automatically correct mistyped words, but it is different from spelling checker.

Under outgoing email option you can set to automatically run spelling checker on send.

Also, not that 4.80 has a bug in that words that were added to local dictionary are wiped out, so they will show up as misspelled. If you have a backup of the file. USRDICT5.PMD or the older USRDICT3.PMD you can restore it to mail directory, and flag it as read-only. That way previous words added will still be handled correctly.
Believe they are just regular text files with single words per line.
Can manually add, and I like to sort them. Only the USRDICT5.PMD is currently used, but USRDICT3.PMD was from previous versions. Don't know when it changed.

Hope that helps.

Wondering if you are talking about Automatic formatting.. It does automatically correct mistyped words, but it is different from spelling checker. Under outgoing email option you can set to automatically run spelling checker on send. Also, not that 4.80 has a bug in that words that were added to local dictionary are wiped out, so they will show up as misspelled. If you have a backup of the file. USRDICT5.PMD or the older USRDICT3.PMD you can restore it to mail directory, and flag it as read-only. That way previous words added will still be handled correctly. Believe they are just regular text files with single words per line. Can manually add, and I like to sort them. Only the USRDICT5.PMD is currently used, but USRDICT3.PMD was from previous versions. Don't know when it changed. Hope that helps.

mikes@guam.net

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft