Community Discussions and Support
Folder move from one machine to another.

Hi Team
I have a client who I am moving from an old Win7 box to a Win10 box.
I have successfully installed Pmail on the new box but the clients folders are all still on the old box. How can I move them across?
Rob

Hi Team I have a client who I am moving from an old Win7 box to a Win10 box. I have successfully installed Pmail on the new box but the clients folders are all still on the old box. How can I move them across? Rob

Read the entirety of this post first.
If there is no mail of value in any of the folders on the Win10 installation (New Mail folder does not count) then the easiest thing to do is to...

1. Close Pegasus Mail on both machines
  2. Remove all .PMM and .PMI files in the mailbox directory of the Win10 installation.
  3. Copy all .PMM and .PMI files from the mailbox directory of the Win7 installation to the mailbox directory of the Win10 installation.

You should see all of the folder upon startup of the Win10 installation.
Note: Step #2 is important because Pegasus Mail installs with some default folders. I you don't remove them, the default folders from the mailbox on the Win7 machine will be copied in with the same folder names which can cause problems.

If you don't know where the mailbox directory is on either machine, start Pegasus Mail then go to the Help pull-down menu item. Select "About Pegasus Mail..." then click the Info button. Look for the entry that contains the path to the Home mailbox directory.

Finally, if there is any email in any folders on the Win10 machine that needs to be kept, move the messages to the New Mail folder, follow the procedure above, then move them to an appropriate folder.

Read the entirety of this post first. If there is no mail of value in any of the folders on the Win10 installation (New Mail folder does not count) then the easiest thing to do is to... 1. Close Pegasus Mail on both machines 2. Remove all .PMM and .PMI files in the mailbox directory of the Win10 installation. 3. Copy all .PMM and .PMI files from the mailbox directory of the Win7 installation to the mailbox directory of the Win10 installation. You should see all of the folder upon startup of the Win10 installation. Note: Step #2 is important because Pegasus Mail installs with some default folders. I you don't remove them, the default folders from the mailbox on the Win7 machine will be copied in with the same folder names which can cause problems. If you don't know where the mailbox directory is on either machine, start Pegasus Mail then go to the Help pull-down menu item. Select "About Pegasus Mail..." then click the Info button. Look for the entry that contains the path to the Home mailbox directory. Finally, if there is any email in any folders on the Win10 machine that needs to be kept, move the messages to the New Mail folder, follow the procedure above, then move them to an appropriate folder.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft