Announcements
Network outage - now resolved.

Over the weekend of September 17-18, the wall box that connects me to the New Zealand fibre network failed, effectively cutting me off from the world. Because I'm not in a position to pay several thousand dollars a year for a support contract, the network people would not come out to replace the device until Monday (today), although to give them credit, they turned up very promptly on Monday morning.

The wall box (or "ONT" as it is known in the industry) has now been replaced and access should be back to normal. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Cheers!

-- David --

Over the weekend of September 17-18, the wall box that connects me to the New Zealand fibre network failed, effectively cutting me off from the world. Because I'm not in a position to pay several thousand dollars a year for a support contract, the network people would not come out to replace the device until Monday (today), although to give them credit, they turned up very promptly on Monday morning. The wall box (or "ONT" as it is known in the industry) has now been replaced and access should be back to normal. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused. Cheers! -- David --
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft