Community Discussions and Support
Emails slow to open in Windows11 after Windows Update

After the 2022-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems update, emails in my Pegasus v4.80 are very slow to open -- 10-20 seconds instead of the pre-update 1-2 seconds (for emails without graphics). I have tried setting Compatibility Mode to Windows 8 to see if that might bypass something in the newer Windows 11 code - but no improvement.

Anyone else experience this? Any solution for restoring quick opening?

After the 2022-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems update, emails in my Pegasus v4.80 are very slow to open -- 10-20 seconds instead of the pre-update 1-2 seconds (for emails without graphics). I have tried setting Compatibility Mode to Windows 8 to see if that might bypass something in the newer Windows 11 code - but no improvement. Anyone else experience this? Any solution for restoring quick opening?

Check to make sure the update didn't disable your printer and that the printer is online. Pegasus Mail polls the default printer driver for font information. Some drivers won't respond if it can't contact the printer.

Also, do a cold boot of the system if one hasn't been done since the update.

Check to make sure the update didn't disable your printer and that the printer is online. Pegasus Mail polls the default printer driver for font information. Some drivers won't respond if it can't contact the printer. Also, do a cold boot of the system if one hasn't been done since the update.

I've been printing - including from Pegasus. And reboots - including cold - have been done. No change in email opening (or reply/forward emails loading). thanks.

I've been printing - including from Pegasus. And reboots - including cold - have been done. No change in email opening (or reply/forward emails loading). thanks.

Maybe you're affected by this issue ? Changing your printer to some other like a PDF or Generic/Text only printer for testing might tell.

Maybe you're affected by [this issue](https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/status-windows-11-22h2#2913msgdesc) ? Changing your printer to some other like a PDF or _Generic/Text only_ printer for testing might tell.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Solution (so far) --- Brian and Michael - you pointed me in the right direction -- thanks.

Even though I could print and had designated a Default Printer -- updates must have killed that selection. I used the Windows Printer Troubleshooter to re-select the Default. Once that was done (I guess the secret Microsoft way - rather than my previous manual selection) - emails open almost immediately like they did pre-update.

Solution (so far) --- Brian and Michael - you pointed me in the right direction -- thanks. Even though I could print and had designated a Default Printer -- updates must have killed that selection. I used the Windows Printer Troubleshooter to re-select the Default. Once that was done (I guess the secret Microsoft way - rather than my previous manual selection) - emails open almost immediately like they did pre-update.
edited Oct 31 '22 at 2:06 am

That's amazing! Pegasus has been taking what feels like ages, but probably less than a minute, to launch in Win 11 - it was sitting at Restoring Layout all the time. I think the printer was set as let Windows manage the default printer (not sure). Anyway, I've made my default printer default and Pegasus launches instantly now. So many weird and wonderful things happening

That's amazing! Pegasus has been taking what feels like ages, but probably less than a minute, to launch in Win 11 - it was sitting at Restoring Layout all the time. I think the printer was set as let Windows manage the default printer (not sure). Anyway, I've made my default printer default and Pegasus launches instantly now. So many weird and wonderful things happening
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft