Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus running very slow on Win11 (SOLVED)

My original question is now after this edit about solving the problem.

Problem solved – it will teach me to read other reported problems before posting.

See
https://community.pmail.com/index.php?u=/topic/11748/emails-slow-to-open-in-windows11-after-windows-update

I installed a new printer and made it my default printer (not the problem)
Microsoft installed a new update
My Pegasus mail got very slow (20 seconds to respond)

I went to my printer settings in Windows
Selected troubleshoot on the OneNote(Desktop) printer
Windows suggested I make it my default printer – which I allowed.
Pegasus now works as expected with no 20 second delays.
Changed by default printer back to my new printer.
Pegasus now still works as expected.

As with previous poster I had no problems during the time when Pegasus mail was running slow with either of my printers before or after a cold boot of the computer.

I’m a long time user of Pegasus Mail and I have recently purchased new computer running Win11. I successfully installed Pegasus mail 4.8 and transferred all my data/mail boxes across from my old Win10 machine. Everything was OK for around 3 weeks with fast operation. Now without knowingly changing any configurations it is now running VERY slowly. There have been a number of Win11 updates from MS installed in the period since having a fast working Pegasus Mail.

When I first open Pegasus mail on my desktop it takes approx 20 seconds to open. During this time I get the Pegasus splash screen with the text “opening new mail folder…”

Once open collecting/sending email is as fast as its previously been and opening a mail folder is near instantaneous. However when clicking on any mail in the folder to read it a delay of 20 seconds is seen before the mail is opened. This is any mail in any folder. Sometimes I get the windows message that Pegasus is not responding – but mail still opens 20 seconds later.

So far a I’ve tried pruning down the number of old emails to perhaps 10% of what used to be there when it was still working fast and re-indexing folders and recovering deleted space. No change in the slow down.

Completely uninstalling the program and then checking the system for any trace of Pegasus, Pmail and IErenderer and deleting all.

On a subsequent reinstall of version 4.8, and without restoring my data, it still takes 20 seconds to open whilst showing the startup splash screen. And, after transferring my data across there is no change to the slow behaviour when opening a email.

Anyone got any suggestions as to why it gone from working fast to now stalling so badly on a machine with a SSD and 8G RAM? Pegasus is the ONLY program misbehaving – all other programs run on the machine are still fast.

My original question is now after this edit about solving the problem. Problem solved – it will teach me to read other reported problems before posting. See https://community.pmail.com/index.php?u=/topic/11748/emails-slow-to-open-in-windows11-after-windows-update I installed a new printer and made it my default printer (not the problem) Microsoft installed a new update My Pegasus mail got very slow (20 seconds to respond) I went to my printer settings in Windows Selected troubleshoot on the OneNote(Desktop) printer Windows suggested I make it my default printer – which I allowed. Pegasus now works as expected with no 20 second delays. Changed by default printer back to my new printer. Pegasus now still works as expected. As with previous poster I had no problems during the time when Pegasus mail was running slow with either of my printers before or after a cold boot of the computer. ..... I’m a long time user of Pegasus Mail and I have recently purchased new computer running Win11. I successfully installed Pegasus mail 4.8 and transferred all my data/mail boxes across from my old Win10 machine. Everything was OK for around 3 weeks with fast operation. Now without knowingly changing any configurations it is now running VERY slowly. There have been a number of Win11 updates from MS installed in the period since having a fast working Pegasus Mail. When I first open Pegasus mail on my desktop it takes approx 20 seconds to open. During this time I get the Pegasus splash screen with the text “opening new mail folder…” Once open collecting/sending email is as fast as its previously been and opening a mail folder is near instantaneous. However when clicking on any mail in the folder to read it a delay of 20 seconds is seen before the mail is opened. This is any mail in any folder. Sometimes I get the windows message that Pegasus is not responding – but mail still opens 20 seconds later. So far a I’ve tried pruning down the number of old emails to perhaps 10% of what used to be there when it was still working fast and re-indexing folders and recovering deleted space. No change in the slow down. Completely uninstalling the program and then checking the system for any trace of Pegasus, Pmail and IErenderer and deleting all. On a subsequent reinstall of version 4.8, and without restoring my data, it still takes 20 seconds to open whilst showing the startup splash screen. And, after transferring my data across there is no change to the slow behaviour when opening a email. Anyone got any suggestions as to why it gone from working fast to now stalling so badly on a machine with a SSD and 8G RAM? Pegasus is the ONLY program misbehaving – all other programs run on the machine are still fast.
edited Nov 10 '22 at 6:34 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft